Goodbye, Brian

Connorbear

After his quotes on the Final Word last night about the media and the fans, he can go.

Paraphrasing -

"Our fans are the only fans in the division that boo their team."

"Two people I don't care about - the fans and the media. They obviously don't know what they are talking about."

Goodbye, Brian. Go fxxk yourself.

Peace :dabears

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What he and many athletes forget is that they are entertainers. They are diversions. They are an investment in discretionary income. The media writes what is entertaining. Every athlete is beholden to the fans who watch, who read what the media writes. If Brian doesn't feel like the media and fans don't matter. Go call Tiki Barber, Donovan McNabb, Terrell Owens, or any other athlete that uses media to plead with teams and fans to give them another chance.

No one ever called him smart...

All good things must come to an end...

After his quotes on the Final Word last night about the media and the fans, he can go.

Paraphrasing -

"Our fans are the only fans in the division that boo their team."

"Two people I don't care about - the fans and the media. They obviously don't know what they are talking about."

Goodbye, Brian. Go fxxk yourself.

Seriously. Especially since he go to DET and MIN on a yearly basis to hear it...

Maybe those concussions are taking a toll.

I am not surprised at all by his comments, perfectly in line with his general arrogant demeanour. If he thinks Chicago is the only place teams get booed, he is not paying much attention....

I absolutely hate when players do this, in any sport. How can he tell fans what to do? The cheapest face value tickets in the place are $80. Beer is like $9.25. Other food is expensive as hell too. Parking isn't cheap and transportation isn't easy. If fans pay, they can do what they choose, minus fighting and other dumb things.

BTW, he was in Minnesota EIGHT days ago. Did he forget they booed Christian Ponder?

Bravely said from the comfort of the couch in the living room.

Actually I was at my computer in the kitchen but what the hell does that have to do with anything.

I have been a season ticket holder for 10 years. I have paid the Bears organization several thousands of dollars each year for my seats. I damn well have the right to criticize one of their players who said I have no idea what I'm talking about and implied I shouldn't boo the team.

Actually I was at my computer in the kitchen but what the hell does that have to do with anything.

I have been a season ticket holder for 10 years. I have paid the Bears organization several thousands of dollars each year for my seats. I damn well have the right to criticize one of their players who said I have no idea what I'm talking about and implied I shouldn't boo the team.

I think he meant Urlacher said it from his couch.

I know and understand the sense of entitlement. I understand it, but don't appreciate it. If you are so upset with how the team is performing and don't like what Urlacher has to say. Don't pay to watch the game. All you're doing is enabling it. I think Mad Lith suggested a "protest" of sorts to express the displeasure expressed by many here.

Is Urlacher not as justified to "call it like he sees it"? It's not like he hasn't spent his career with a team for which he is as discouraged as you are by him saying so. Just because you pay to watch him perform means you have more right than he to express your grief? The guy's a dedicated player to his team just like you (or I) are a dedicated fan. Hes pissed, you're pissed...we all are. Just because you think he should go doesn't mean he should.

Do you not feel the same way about Cutler? He's called them (fans) out twice this year but I have'nt heard you say anything about his ouster.

I know and understand the sense of entitlement. I understand it, but don't appreciate it. If you are so upset with how the team is performing and don't like what Urlacher has to say. Don't pay to watch the game. All you're doing is enabling it. I think Mad Lith suggested a "protest" of sorts to express the displeasure expressed by many here.

Is Urlacher not as justified to "call it like he sees it"? It's not like he hasn't spent his career with a team for which he is as discouraged as you are by him saying so. Just because you pay to watch him perform means you have more right than he to express your grief? The guy's a dedicated player to his team just like you (or I) are a dedicated fan. Hes pissed, you're pissed...we all are. Just because you think he should go doesn't mean he should.

Do you not feel the same way about Cutler? He's called them (fans) out twice this year but I have'nt heard you say anything about his ouster.

I guess I could sell my season tickets every year (for profit) but I don't because I believe in supporting the team in good times and bad. I do not have to support a player who out right criticizes me.

I remember Cutler criticizing the fans for no being quiet when we are in the red zone and I agree with him on that. If he criticized the fans for booing the team or called us stupid, that is a different story.

imDo it's hard to see Url, or anyone at this point, backing Lovie. The product on the field stinks. Lovie's staff continues to repeat the same mistakes and it shows on the field. I agree with Connorbear.

That was the last thing he should have done. He just lost his "face of the franchise" leverage in getting a new contract. That being said, I don't care what he says. I only care if he is effective on the field and the locker room. He can stay for cheap, otherwise go.

Did anyone actually watch this interview? I didn't think it was all that bad. He was asked a question about the critics and his answer was "all I care about is my teammates. I really don't care what the media and fans think". To me, that is not worth saying you're done with him. The guy is defending his leader and took offense to the question, lots of frustration right now and you're not going to get sugar coated responses. Just my $.02

Guest TerraTor
Let me add that I guarantee someone from the organization met with Brian and told him he should not be criticizing the fans. I'm sure the organization was not happy it about it.

They should be less happy with the assholes they have pretending to: call plays on the side, blocking on the field, rushing the passer...etc etc.

Its a fukkin joke

Did anyone actually watch this interview? I didn't think it was all that bad. He was asked a question about the critics and his answer was "all I care about is my teammates. I really don't care what the media and fans think". To me, that is not worth saying you're done with him. The guy is defending his leader and took offense to the question, lots of frustration right now and you're not going to get sugar coated responses. Just my $.02

I was basing my comments on the quotation Connorbear provided. He was paraprasing. Beyond that, I don't know.

edit: Here's an article. Connor was spot on as usual.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2012/12/br...fans_media.html

I was basing my comments on the quotation Connorbear provided. He was paraprasing. Beyond that, I don't know.

edit: Here's an article. Connor was spot on as usual.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2012/12/br...fans_media.html

I watched, that was the theme out of Brian's mouth. When asked what he thought about Finleys comment, it was the same. "I could care less what he says". When asked about the crowd, his response was a little lighter and kinda in a joking manner.

Yes, I actually watched the interview and as a long time Bear fan and season ticket holder I was offended.

I don't even have a problem with what he said about the fans and media. Why does he have to like them? I don't even know why the fans would care about how players view them. I just have a problem with how he views the booing. You get booed when you suck and lose 5 games in a row after a 7-1 start. If you want it to stop, then win games.

I don't have a problem with any of it. In fact, I'm kind of happy he has the balls to say it. Fans don't respect the way the players play the game? That's their prerogative. Players don't respect the way the fans express themselves when times are rough? That's their prerogative. We don't cheer them on as a favor and they don't play for us as a favor. Anybody doesn't like it? Tough. It's the way it is.

For me, the thing that smacks of arrogance is telling Brain Urlacher he can't be pissed about getting booed by his own fans for playing hard. Any player that has even an ounce of pride in his fans should expect more out of us than that, and I'm glad he does. In reality, that doesn't mean we're always going to behave with character, just like reality is he's not always going to play well. That's life in the big city (of Chicago).

I don't have a problem with any of it. In fact, I'm kind of happy he has the balls to say it. Fans don't respect the way the players play the game? That's their prerogative. Players don't respect the way the fans express themselves when times are rough? That's their prerogative. We don't cheer them on as a favor and they don't play for us as a favor. Anybody doesn't like it? Tough. It's the way it is.

For me, the thing that smacks of arrogance is telling Brain Urlacher he can't be pissed about getting booed by his own fans for playing hard. Any player that has even an ounce of pride in his fans should expect more out of us than that, and I'm glad he does. In reality, that doesn't mean we're always going to behave with character, just like reality is he's not always going to play well. That's life in the big city (of Chicago).

Fans boo in every city. They pay for their tickets and have every right to boo. Brian can say whatever he wants but I don't have to respect him for it and I don't. This city has shown him a lot of love through the years and as his career comes to an end in Chicago he has basically told us to take our opinions and stick it.

Fans boo in every city. They pay for their tickets and have every right to boo. Brian can say whatever he wants but I don't have to respect him for it and I don't. This city has shown him a lot of love through the years and as his career comes to an end in Chicago he has basically told us to take our opinions and stick it.

[edit: misread you]

Hey, man you're basically repeating everything I said. You have the right and he has the right. That's not profound. And you dont' have to stay home on game day and Urlacher doesn't have to retire over it...and there you go.

It's the reaction to his reaction that bothers me. Not only is it his right, he is right. There's too many other players that think it but won't be sincere because they're scared. Stand behind your convictions, I say.

Well, upon further thought, I take exception with you on two levels. Like I said before, you dont' cheer him on as a favor, so don't pretend like you do. Also, he's only told you to "stick" your opinions in one very specific situation...when you're booing at their home field the home players who just played their hearts out and are sick over losing. Almost every other way you express your opinions he is not telling you off over. That's more than reasonable.