Chicago (8-6) at Arizona (5-9), Sunday 3:25pm

adam

I am clearly in with the hope of two losses to end the year, resulting in better draft picks and improved chances of public clamour assisting to prompt management to dump Lovie.

Hate to say it, but those are my feelings. The season is gone regardless, and I don't want to see the Bears get burned up in the first round of the playoffs regardless.

You call yourself a fan with this sort of talk? Sad.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Saints (and the Cowboys coaching staff) are on the verge of doing the Bears a solid favor.

I think the Bears want the Cowboys to win. If they win out they have the tie breaker over the Giants. The Bears have the tie breaker over the Cowboys.

Edit:

Nevermind, it gets more confusing, I forgot they play the Redskins the final week. Them winning out would put them in the Divisional game. I hadn't looked at the scenarios since last weekend and shouldn't have spoken.

You call yourself a fan with this sort of talk? Sad.

Why call him out for what many are thinking?

We all want the Bears to go 16-0, but it's not realistic. So, intelligence says that we sometimes have to take 1 step back to take 2 steps forward. If the Bears win the final 2 and sneak into the playoffs, the most likely scenario is a first round exit. But if for some reason the team squeaks out a win, it will likely mean Lovie stays employed in Chicago, and that would be a negative. Two years in a row now we've seen a last second win that screws the team out of a better draft selection.

I think we're all sick of the Lovie mediocrity that ensures a non-threatening team that does just enough to keep his job.

We all want the Bears to go 16-0, but it's not realistic. So, intelligence says that we sometimes have to take 1 step back to take 2 steps forward. If the Bears win the final 2 and sneak into the playoffs, the most likely scenario is a first round exit. But if for some reason the team squeaks out a win, it will likely mean Lovie stays employed in Chicago, and that would be a negative. Two years in a row now we've seen a last second win that screws the team out of a better draft selection.

I think we're all sick of the Lovie mediocrity that ensures a non-threatening team that does just enough to keep his job.

That's the conundrum. We want them to win, but Lovie is never going to get this team to the promised land.

And funny that you should say that. As I was posting that I was just thinking how "sick" I'm getting of some of you actually hoping for the team to fail. Just to get rid of Lovie. I don't know how you can consider yourself a fan with that way of thinking. THAT, to me, is pathetic.

And funny that you should say that. As I was posting that I was just thinking how "sick" I'm getting of some of you actually hoping for the team to fail. Just to get rid of Lovie. I don't know how you can consider yourself a fan with that way of thinking. THAT, to me, is pathetic.

What's pathetic is this staff has reached its max. They can't move to the next level. The staff needs to go for this team to get back on top.

What's pathetic is this staff has reached its max. They can't move to the next level. The staff needs to go for this team to get back on top.

Hey Url, were those boos for the home team? Only Chicago fans boo the home team, no?

I'm to the point of indifference. I'll be happy to see the Bears win, and know that over all it helps if they lose. More likely for a coaching change, and a better draft pick .

This game is win, win for me. Now if the Bears lose this one, I can't promise I won't root against them for a better pick vs. a meaningless win against a 4-11 team.

No, that's not actually what we want. You're just thinking of this in simple terms. The ideal situation is that they look like shit and somehow pull out a win. Best of both worlds.

The problem is, if they get wins it's how head coaches typically fight for their jobs.

I don't know how you can consider yourself a fan if you are satisfied with mediocrity year after year.

No, that's not actually what we want. You're just thinking of this in simple terms. The ideal situation is that they look like shit and somehow pull out a win. Best of both worlds.

The problem is, if they get wins it's how head coaches typically fight for their jobs.

I don't know how you can consider yourself a fan if you are satisfied with mediocrity year after year.

Agreed. And, by the way, does Cutler have another concussion? His passing stinks so far.