Bears about to re-sign Bell

adam

Add Bush to IR, just like Connor predicted.

Everyone in the organization that deals with health, strength, and conditioning should be fired along with Lovie at the end of the season. There are way too many injuries that happen to Bears players for it to be bad luck. It probably has a little bit to do with Lovie's "Club Med Training Camp," but the injuries the Bears get are just inexcusable.

Add Bush to IR, just like Connor predicted.

Everyone in the organization that deals with health, strength, and conditioning should be fired along with Lovie at the end of the season. There are way too many injuries that happen to Bears players for it to be bad luck. It probably has a little bit to do with Lovie's "Club Med Training Camp," but the injuries the Bears get are just inexcusable.

He should have went last week and we should have had a goal line running back in place for the Packer game. That was a huge miscalculation.

Peace :dabears

He should have went last week and we should have had a goal line running back in place for the Packer game. That was a huge miscalculation.

Peace :dabears

Signing him and Campbell instead of addressing the OLine was also a huge miscalculation as well.

Signing him and Campbell instead of addressing the OLine was also a huge miscalculation as well.

Amen.

But there were people who believed adding a backup QB, goal-line RB, and WRs would solve all the offensive woes. Granted, it was nearly unanimous that the OL needed work, but there were still some who thought washing and waxing the car without repairing the engine would make it run better.

Amen.

But there were people who believed adding a backup QB, goal-line RB, and WRs would solve all the offensive woes. Granted, it was nearly unanimous that the OL needed work, but there were still some who thought washing and waxing the car without repairing the engine would make it run better.

Did anyone think Carimi would be this bad?

Not many...

I sure didn't.

Which is one of the reasons why I thought the line was in better shape. Losing Louis also hurt. But man, Carimi was bad enough they outright benched him from the guard spot last game. At the very least he was supposed to be a rock on the right side.

If Carimi was holding down the Right side, with Louis next to him, then you could keep putting Spaeth on Webb's side and backstopping the rush with a TE double team. Instead, Carimi's been useless, particularly in the passing game, so there's no side of the Bears' line that can be counted on to hold up on its own.

Did anyone think Carimi would be this bad?

No. Then again, I never thought they'd give the LT job to Webb, completely ignore the potential for Carimi at his previous college position (i.e. four years as Wisconsin's LT), put Carimi at RT where he was obviously uncomfortable, bench Carimi in favor of a player who sucked even though it was clear Carimi needed game experience and he didn't really do worse than the other player, then move Carimi inside to a position he has never played (i.e. LG), then ask him to move back out to his #2 position (i.e. RT) when the other guy got hurt/showed he sucked, then pull Carimi again when he didn't transform his first full year in football into one of Willie Roaf's probowl years. This reeks of the type of horrible OL movements and coaching that have plagued the Bears since Lovie Smith has been in Chicago.

First round draft picks are like mutual funds. You don't move them around every week/month like you're trying to be Gordon Gecko on the stock market. You let them sit, mature, get better. And with any luck, they do mature, and they reap the multi-year rewards you predicted they would when you drafted them.

How about going into training camp next year, Carimi is given a shot to play the position he knows best? LT.

Only if the Bears are rebuilding completely.

If they're not, then they need either another 1st round LT pick or a free agent signing in that spot.

Why?

It stands to reason that:

A-He'll be more knowledgeable at LT

B-He'll be more comfortable at LT

C-He'll be better than Webb at LT

I see no reason why he shouldn't be given a legit chance to win the LT position at the very first minute of training camp, and be the front runner the entire time. It's not likely he would do worse than Webb.

Why?

I see no reason why he shouldn't be given a legit chance to win the LT position at the very first minute of training camp, and be the front runner the entire time. It's not likely he would do worse than Webb.

The reason why you don't try that if you're trying to compete is...what happens if he fails? You have the same problem as this year.

If you're rebuilding, sure give him the spot, because you've given up caring whether 3 sacks will cost you the game.

College positions don't really matter in the NFL. Especially on the offensive line, where there is constant change from college to the NFL. Carimi might have been more familiar on the left side at Wisconsin, but his supposed strength was in his run blocking, which translated to more of a right tackle in the NFL than left tackle. I have seen absolutely nothing from him, based on his play this season, that would allow me to believe he would be any better by switching sides. It's one thing if a person has failed on the left, the more difficult side, and put him on the right, than it is the other way around. How is playing against better pass rushers suppose to help him do something he's never been able to do before, which is blocking? Moving his feet? Containing speed? etc..

Why?

He's two years removed from playing LT. Besides, he just might be the worst lineman in the NFL this year. No way it should be remotely considered unless that's the last resort for his career. Disagree on the whole alphabet...

I still think he'll be good. He lost a lot of weight with the knee injury. He has the mentality to improve and will be able to work on weight training this offseason. Last off season was rehabbing the knee. I will eat crow if carimi doesn't rebound next season.

Agreed. See Marc Columbo. Do not give up on him after one full year (especially coming off an injury).

Peace

Just to comment on Bell...I like the way he ran the ball today. He often had nowhere to go but still fought forand got positive yards, plus he protected the ball well. I expect he'll be our #2 next week ahead of Allen.

Yeah, I was surprised to see a Bears back moving the pile and not going down on first contact.