For those who want Cutler gone

jason

Hell no.

THe only intriguing name right now is Cousins...

I'd be willing to sign the Sanchize as Cutler's backup for the same kind of money Campbell got this year. Cutler's likely to miss a couple games next year based on his history and the O-line, and Sanchez in a different system might have a small chance of overhauling his game and taking a step forward. At worst, he's a backup who can win some games.

Some team might give him more money with a chance to start though.

I'd be willing to sign the Sanchize as Cutler's backup for the same kind of money Campbell got this year. Cutler's likely to miss a couple games next year based on his history and the O-line, and Sanchez in a different system might have a small chance of overhauling his game and taking a step forward. At worst, he's a backup who can win some games.

I actually posted this because I wouldn't mind seeing Tebow in a Chicago uniform. I'd like to see him as a #3 with a chance at a #2. At the very least he could be used to mix things up, keep the defense off balance, and breathe new life into a stagnant offense when things get to that. Of course, all this relies on a new OC with a bright mind for using talented players in methods that best suit their abilities.

As back-up only, I'm fine with Sanchez...but back-up only. No future there. Not worth the potential money though...

Agreed. His attitude is good. That could rub off... And a real OC could use him somehow as you mention... But only as a 3 for cheap as you mentioned...

I actually posted this because I wouldn't mind seeing Tebow in a Chicago uniform. I'd like to see him as a #3 with a chance at a #2. At the very least he could be used to mix things up, keep the defense off balance, and breathe new life into a stagnant offense when things get to that. Of course, all this relies on a new OC with a bright mind for using talented players in methods that best suit their abilities.

Looks like there are two QBs available this offseason.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id...cording-sources

Any interest in either?

shirley you jest?

although both of these hammerheads would fit the chicago bear definition of a franchise qb, if we ever want to see a superbowl in this century just say NO to these types of pretenders.

tim tebow? bobby douglas was better than this guy. he's not a starting qb, not a #2 qb and not a #3 qb. sanchez? didn't we already have him here in cade mcnown? if either one of these qb's turns into even a 'good' qb it will be a decade from now and if i'm wrong i'll eat my own foot.

for god's sake if we are THIS desperate for a qb hire about 10 GOOD scouts over the next 3 years just to evaluate good quaterback talent in the college ranks and DRAFT them!!

EDIT: which we SHOULD do anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would too.

Bringing Tebow is asking for trouble. He's not a good quarterback. He's hardly any good at anything football related. On Monday, Sanchez completed two nice passes, and immediately was asked to sit a few plays for Tebow. After that, Sanchez was horrible. Blame whatever you want, but bringing Tebow in is #1 a circus and #2 asking for a lack of of rhythm offensively. If you think their rhythm is bad now, Tebow would kill it.

Bringing Tebow is asking for trouble. He's not a good quarterback. He's hardly any good at anything football related. On Monday, Sanchez completed two nice passes, and immediately was asked to sit a few plays for Tebow. After that, Sanchez was horrible. Blame whatever you want, but bringing Tebow in is #1 a circus and #2 asking for a lack of of rhythm offensively. If you think their rhythm is bad now, Tebow would kill it.

This.

Tim Tebow, if brought in, will be nothing but a distraction. Even if he doesn't try to be, his presence alone will undermine Cutler.

I like Tebow as a TE as well, or as an H-back ..one who can occasionally pass. However, I don't want the Tebow circus. Tebow is a great football player but he should read the writing on the wall and give up on his QB fantasy and go to a position where he can have a productive career.

Alex Smith and Matt Flynn should be available as well. Just some other names to consider. I like Tebow, but he needs to be in the right system.

The one name out of all these I really woudln't have interest in is Alex Smith.

If there are names like Flynn and Sanchez out there who could be had as potential backup options, I'd rather take the guy without as much playing time as Smith has had, just to see if whatever new coach/system the Bears put in can get more out of that guy. I think we saw Smith's ceiling under Harbaugh.

The one name out of all these I really woudln't have interest in is Alex Smith.

If there are names like Flynn and Sanchez out there who could be had as potential backup options, I'd rather take the guy without as much playing time as Smith has had, just to see if whatever new coach/system the Bears put in can get more out of that guy. I think we saw Smith's ceiling under Harbaugh.

True, I would rather have someone like Flynn (with GB experience) than any of the other options (as a backup).

This.

Tim Tebow, if brought in, will be nothing but a distraction. Even if he doesn't try to be, his presence alone will undermine Cutler.

That is if Cutler is in the team's plans after next season. Also, he has to want to play behind the Blocking Dummy OLine as well, unless that is addressed.

Regardless of what people say about Cutler, he is the best QB this franchise has had. If he averages 200 yards per game these next 2 games, he will have 3 of the top 7 passing seasons for a Bears QB in terms of yardage, and will more than likely be the Bears career leader in Passing yards sometime next season. I would rather have the Bears lock him up for a few more years, especially if there is some turnover at HC and OC.

I think the Bears go into 2013 with him as a lame duck. If he has an OK year, tag him. If he has a bad year, let him go. If he lights the league on fire, give him an extension. There is money to be spent on OL, WR, and LB before QB. If you upgrade the OL, who's the guy you're protecting?

I'm still under the belief that if he has a capable OL- and I mean "capable," not Pro Bowl but definitely not USFL talent level- with another weapon, he can be a great QB. A 2nd or 4th round OG + a FA LT should not be too much to ask.

Since he's been with the Bears, they've had a HORRIBLE line every year and 2 playmakers, one of which was traded to Carolina (Olsen) and one that's still on the team (Marshall). They have a pathetic group of TE's, an overpaid yet solid pair of RB's, and their other WR's are either not WR's (Hester), rookies who can't get separation (Jeffery), WR's who can never stay on the field (Bennett), or ST's (Weems).

Say what you want about Rodgers, Brees, Brady, both Manning's not having the "attitude" Cutler has and even Rodgers having an equally bad OL, but Cobb, Jennings, J.Jones, Finley, Nelson, Colston, Moore, Graham, Welker, Lloyd, Hernandez, Gronkowski, Decker, D.Thomas, Cruz, Nicks, and M.Bennett would all be the Bears' #2 option in the passing game.

I think the Bears go into 2013 with him as a lame duck. If he has an OK year, tag him. If he has a bad year, let him go. If he lights the league on fire, give him an extension. There is money to be spent on OL, WR, and LB before QB. If you upgrade the OL, who's the guy you're protecting?

I think you are right on this one. Except for the "tag" I'd rather not go down that path with a QB. If he's ok then you offer him Ok money and structure the deal so we can break away after a couple years with minimal hit.

1) We have too many pressing needs right now and despite the questions around Cutler QB is not one of them. We must fix our LB depth, Oline, Oline, Oline, and TE. I can't see drafting a QB high this draft so at best we're looking for another backup QB if Campbell leaves.

2) I wouldn't mind a two year extension to his deal this offseason if he'd agree to one. Gives us time to draft a replacement QB after the 2013 season and let him learn from the bench for a season or two. If Cutler turns it around then we just trade the backup QB as the Packers have done a couple times.

For his part Cutler would still be young enough to command a solid new deal on the FA market.

Need to add that if we were to go with a new HC then it gives the new HC a decent QB to start with and that's better than nothing. He'd also have his shot at finding Cutler's replacement over a year or two, if that's the route we decide to go.

Agreed. Unless you swing a deal for a different guy (and I"m not seeing how any potential guy could be worth Cutler)...

I think you are right on this one. Except for the "tag" I'd rather not go down that path with a QB. If he's ok then you offer him Ok money and structure the deal so we can break away after a couple years with minimal hit.

1) We have too many pressing needs right now and despite the questions around Cutler QB is not one of them. We must fix our LB depth, Oline, Oline, Oline, and TE. I can't see drafting a QB high this draft so at best we're looking for another backup QB if Campbell leaves.

2) I wouldn't mind a two year extension to his deal this offseason if he'd agree to one. Gives us time to draft a replacement QB after the 2013 season and let him learn from the bench for a season or two. If Cutler turns it around then we just trade the backup QB as the Packers have done a couple times.

For his part Cutler would still be young enough to command a solid new deal on the FA market.

Need to add that if we were to go with a new HC then it gives the new HC a decent QB to start with and that's better than nothing. He'd also have his shot at finding Cutler's replacement over a year or two, if that's the route we decide to go.

I would take Tebow. Say what u want but the guy is a born leader and will never quit on anything under any circumstance

Mark Sanchez is absolute garbage.

This is two teams in two years who didn't want Tebow. If he was any good, he wouldn't have gotten run out of town in Denver and he wouldn't only have 8 passes this year for a team who needs better QB play more than maybe any other team. He is absolute garbage as is Sanchez.