Pro Bowl Rosters

adam

Wow, I wake up and here the Bears have not one but two Pro Bowl CBs and a Pro Bowl WR. Never in my lifetime did I think this would happen. Kudos to all 5 of our Pro Bowlers. Not to take anything away from the other three but it's really nice to see Jennings and Melton rewarded after they worked very hard to improve their game to this level.

I would say Melton was the biggest surprise, but Jennings was leading the league in INTs and was 3rd in Passes Defended. He also has one of the best QB Ratings against. Sherman would've been one of the two starters, but his PED issue took him out of the running.

I'm kind of surprised by Peppers and Briggs. I kinda take it for granted Briggs gets picked so much and expected he would be again this year, not that the other choices are bad. Peppers just hasn't been a major factor this year, and was surprised he made it.

For Peppers, he leads all NFC Defensive Ends in sacks with 11.5. Briggs' solo tackles are way down this year, and the others have a lot more sacks due to the 3-4. If any of them bow out, he will more than likely get in.

I'm kind of surprised by Peppers and Briggs. I kinda take it for granted Briggs gets picked so much and expected he would be again this year, not that the other choices are bad. Peppers just hasn't been a major factor this year, and was surprised he made it.

Considering (Peppers) he has 11 1/2 sacks on the year (better than 4 of the 6 previous times he was chosen to the Pro Bowl) and he's 32, I'd say it makes it sense.

With Briggs its almost an "assumed" invite as his stats show he is in decline and he's been named to the previous 7 Pro Bowls. In fact his total tackles for this year to date (69) are the second lowest to only his rookie year in 2003 when he got 65. His INT rate is up to his highest with 2 only being surpassed in '08 with 3. Briggs is like the John Stockton of the Bears. Better in the support role than as the highlight. He thrives more when Urlacher is playing.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BrigLa99.htm

I had no idea Peppers had 11.5 sacks. He just didn't seem like he had much of an impact to me this year. Maybe it's just where I have seen so many other teams dominate the Bears offensive line.

7 years in a row, and it just seems like Briggs would be there ignoring stats and with how the defense had played. I'm not saying the other's aren't more deserving, I was just surprised to see him off the list. He won't be able to be an alternate either this year, as the Bears will win the Super Bowl.

He won't be able to be an alternate either this year, as the Bears will win the Super Bowl.

LOVE IT!!! Despite all the boos!! ;)

And for the record, I look forward to seeing more of this on Sunday with Peppers upping his sack total in the process. Stafford-Grass.jpeg

(Props to "Adam") - Disclaimer, I know Ford Field has artificial turf...but whatever.

LOVE IT!!! Despite all the boos!! ;)

And for the record, I look forward to seeing more of this on Sunday with Peppers upping his sack total in the process. Stafford-Grass.jpeg

(Props to "Adam") - Disclaimer, I know Ford Field has artificial turf...but whatever.

The best part is seeing his eye peeking out.

If Suh weren't such a cheap shot a$$, he'd easily have won over Melton I think.

Melton making it to the pro bowl just shows how weak the position is in the NFC. He had a solid year, but disappears too much to my liking.. especially late in the year. I don't vision him as an Elite level DT.

Melton making it to the pro bowl just shows how weak the position is in the NFC. He had a solid year, but disappears too much to my liking.. especially late in the year. I don't vision him as an Elite level DT.

One other issue is that DT isn't really a position that racks up numbers, particularly for a 3-4 defense. In a 4-3, sometimes you can use them to attack the QB, but really, that's a run-stopping position first and foremost. The most effective 3-4 DT in the league might not make the pro bowl, because teams would just give up on attempting inside runs.