Thank god

Guest TerraTor

Hester is considering retirement. LOL. Please, just do it then, Devin.

It is sad to see Hester not taking his opportunities at the receiver position to the next level and failing to live up to the glory years of yesterday with kick/punt returns.

We all get old, if he retires now he has much to be proud of.

That being said, I am not sure the Bears will be looking to keep him on after this year and it is hard to imagine that his future opportunities will be.

personally I think the Bears ruined Devin Hester, he was the best return man in the game, and the Bears let the knee jerk reaction of "wow what a cool new toy, let's look for way to get the ball in his hands more... oh I know let's make him a WR, noo better yet let's try to make him our #! WR, who cares that he's never played the spot before he'll be great" I think success in the return game, and the push to make him a #1 when he's at best a situational WR all went to his head and his wallet. We took him off return duties which was his skill, and put him in a position he's ill suited for. Bears management and coaches fed the monster and now we have a screwed up kid who think's he's all that, and has become barry sanders of the return game trying to make every return a home run rather than take whats there. Tired of watching him dance around thinking if he dances long enough something will break and more often than not what breaks is our field position as he takes what should be a decent return and screws the pooch with it. I love Hester and what he has done for the Bears over the years, and when he was that return threat. I no longer expect anything special on his returns like i used to. I just hope he doesn't lose the ball, lose us field position, etc.