New Bears Coach

adam

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember anybody saying that 12 was the max he would go. I could be wrong, but I can't recall Emery saying that he wouldn't interview more than 12 candidates. I still think there is going to be at least 1 or two more coaches that get interviews that we haven't heard from yet. He wanted to interview Doug Marrone of Syracuse but Marrone is going to Buffalo. That's at least one college coach he had an eye on.

This tweet from Adam Schefter has me worried a bit.

Unless I'm reading too much into it, it seems as if that tweet was true, then the Mike McCoy, Bruce Arians, Rick Dennison, and Tom Clements interviews would be pointless. If they're going to bring in finalists THIS week, that means only teams that aren't currently in the playoffs will be able to do so. If I connect the dots a little more, Mike Sullivan's 6 hour interview could mean that he's going to get the job. Maybe Emery already knows this. I hope I'm wrong. I've wanted McCoy since the beginning of this process. I'll be damned if Emery panics and takes a guy before waiting for one of these teams to get knocked out of the playoffs.

He's going to get the guy he wants. Nobody is going to go pick the San Diego Chargers, or the Eagles, or some other crap team over the Bears. If Emery wants McCoy, or one of these other guys, he's going to get them. There's no need to take a guy now because you're worried one of those other candidates will get hired elsewhere.

I think somebody else made the limit of 12 not Emery, but he has time to interview those guys and end of the week bring in the finailist. After thrusdays of the week coaches can still take about jobs. McCoy could get hired next weekend and be allowed to finish to the Super Bowl.

Add a new name to list, that would Hou OC Dennison, worked with Culter and Marshall, otherwise dont know to much. Emery said he would stop at 12 and ask for 2nd interview for two guys. I think Dennison will make 12, but not that good at math.

My guess would be the final 2 will be McCoy and Sullivan.

That is what I think it will be as well. Will be disgusted if they don't interview Shanny though.

Kinda heard whem papa shanny wont allow any interviews til after there out. R u willing to hold off til after SB possibly all to find out that shanny jr isn't interested? Then we are screwed

So are we now officially at 9?

1. Mike McCoy - Denver OC

2. Keith Armstrong - Atlanta ST

3. Mike Sullivan - Tampa OC

4. Joe DeCamillis - Dallas ST

5. Tom Clements, Green Bay OC

6. Pete Carmichael, New Orleans OC

7. Bruce Arians, Indianapolis OC

8. Marc Trestman, Montreal Alouettes HC

9. Darrell Bevell, Seattle OC

I tell you what, this Head coach search has been darn interesting. I'm really impressed with the candidates that Emery is bringing in.

2 weeks ago, if you said the Bears may hire a CFL head coach, I'd have facepalmed. Now, he's actually a candidate that I would love to see here. It's just interesting reading what a lot of these guys have done in their careers.

The fact that my top 3 choices don't include McCoy or Shannahan like others on here, just goes to show the solid variety of choices out there. Trying to think of who my favorite candidate is now, Clements has dropped off, and he was my guy just earlier this week. Arians, Carmichael, and Trestmen are my favorite choices at the second, think I'm going to read up on each and post my new favorite of the 3 later on.

So are we now officially at 9?

9. Darrell Bevell, Seattle OC

There's also Rick Dennison, Texans OC and the OC when Cutler had his probowl year.

There's also Rick Dennison, Texans OC and the OC when Cutler had his probowl year.

Thanks.

HC Prospects (06JAN):

9. Rick Dennison, Houston OC

10. Darrell Bevell, Seattle OC

What?

You said Cutler can't play and gets killed, RG3 can't play and Shannahan gets killed.

I was joking saying Cutler can't play in the first 3 quarters of a game.

1st Quarter: 55.1 QB rating, 4 TDs, 6 INTs,

2nd Quarter: 86 QB rating, 5 TDs, 6 INTs

3rd Quarter: 73.5 QB rating, 2 TDs, 3 INTS

1st quarter is horrible, 2nd quarter is on the higher end of average, and 3rd is just bad.

Here's some scarier stats tho:

Bears Ahead: 100.7 QB rating, 10 TDs, 2 INTs

Bears Tied: 68.1 QB rating, 4 TDs, 4 INTs

Bears Behind: 61.3 QB rating, 5 TDs, 8 INTs

In games vs. the NFC North: 66 QB rating, 6 TDs, 8 INTs

I was just saying hopefully the new coach that comes in can correct Cutler's problems. If he can play well in the 4th Quarter or while the Bears are leading games, then I think a coach that has experience grooming QBs can help him. A lot of the candidates are guys who are good at just that. So I'm excited for the season to get here, and see what the new head coach can do. It could be an amazing year if Emery brings in as good of OL candidates as he has HC candidates. Hopefully, they can work with him and we will see an high powered offense next year.

Edited: I used the word exciting too much and changed a few, but that's just the word in my head about this team right now.

Emery has never done this before and it's clear to me that he's interviewing plenty of successful offensive coaches I think in part to help himself have enough background before making his decision on his finalists.

At least I'll give him credit for having his initial list of candidates ready the day he fired Lovie and then moving rapidly to interview. JA, and the Bears organization in general, always seemed like they were stuck in the mud during past GM/coaching searches.

Emery has never done this before and it's clear to me that he's interviewing plenty of successful offensive coaches I think in part to help himself have enough background before making his decision on his finalists.

At least I'll give him credit for having his initial list of candidates ready the day he fired Lovie and then moving rapidly to interview. JA, and the Bears organization in general, always seemed like they were stuck in the mud during past GM/coaching searches.

Emery gets a lot of input about his players talking to all this choices and sharing there ideas. I like what his doing because he seems to have a plan.