New Bears Coach

adam

2 weeks ago, if you said the Bears may hire a CFL head coach, I'd have facepalmed. Now, he's actually a candidate that I would love to see here. It's just interesting reading what a lot of these guys have done in their careers.

This Trestman could indeed be an interesting candidate. After reading the below article it would be hard to argue that he might not have the strongest resume of the known candidates so far. Jim Miller does make for a compelling case in favor of

Coach Trestman.

http://www.csnchicago.com/football-chicago...mp;feedID=10330

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Trestman could indeed be an interesting candidate. After reading the below article it would be hard to argue that he might not have the strongest resume of the known candidates so far. Jim Miller does make for a compelling case in favor of

Coach Trestman.

http://www.csnchicago.com/football-chicago...mp;feedID=10330

I'd be on board with that choice.

I've heard that Trestman is a very good X's and O's guy, but has been known to be abrasive at times to others on the coaching staff, to the point where he became an outcast about a year into his hiring from other places. When you look at the pattern of his career, he's never lasted more than 1-2 years before wearing out his welcome and moving on. I think there's a reason for why he's been in the CFL since 08.

I've heard that Trestman is a very good X's and O's guy, but has been known to be abrasive at times to others on the coaching staff, to the point where he became an outcast about a year into his hiring from other places. When you look at the pattern of his career, he's never lasted more than 1-2 years before wearing out his welcome and moving on. I think there's a reason for why he's been in the CFL since 08.

So Canadians can handle his abraisiveness but no one else can? Maybe we need some of that.

I think it's a lot easier to maintain control over CFL players than it is in the NFL. CFL players don't make a huge sum of money, and they don't carry as much weight or power as players in the NFL.

Last i checked ditka and cowher were 2 very abrasive guys. So s jim harbaugh. We all love ditka. Cowher was a great coach and harbaugh seems good lol. Sometimes that abrasive style works great and sometimes its horrible i.e singletary. To say no just because he is abrasive is horrible though

Funny, the team has a few players been accused of the same personality; Cutler, Urlacher and Marshall. Not that it's new to the Bears at any stretch of the imagination.

The most successful coaches in Bears history were known to be abrasive. Ditka and Halas were notorious for being rough around the edges.

In fact, funny thing the comparison was made to Harbaugh. I can remember when he was QBing in Chicago and was asked what it was like to be berated by Ditka on the sideline when he screwed up. His answer was something like, 'Are you kidding? I played for Bo Schembechler in Michigan. I'm more than used to it.'

Funny, the team has a few players been accused of the same personality; Cutler, Urlacher and Marshall. Not that it's new to the Bears at any stretch of the imagination.

The most successful coaches in Bears history were known to be abrasive. Ditka and Halas were notorious for being rough around the edges.

In fact, funny thing the comparison was made to Harbaugh. I can remember when he was QBing in Chicago and was asked what it was like to be berated by Ditka on the sideline when he screwed up. His answer was something like, 'Are you kidding? I played for Bo Schembechler in Michigan. I'm more than used to it.'

Ever watch a ND game and Brian Kelly. Talk about abrasive and downright rude yet team loves him

Ever watch a ND game and Brian Kelly. Talk about abrasive and downright rude yet team loves him

Coaching 18-21 college kids is a bit different than telling a bunch of grown men, who do this for a living, how to play football, no?

Trestman knows offense, but I would have to take caution, given the fact that he's never been able to hold an NFL job for more than 2 years, and has been in the CFL since 2008. That's all I'm really saying.

Last i checked ditka and cowher were 2 very abrasive guys. So s jim harbaugh. We all love ditka. Cowher was a great coach and harbaugh seems good lol. Sometimes that abrasive style works great and sometimes its horrible i.e singletary. To say no just because he is abrasive is horrible though

Ditka was great as a personality but not a very good coach IMO. He should have won two more Super Bowls but his ego got in the way.

Peace :dabears

"Ditka was great as a personality but not a very good coach IMO. He should have won two more Super Bowls but his ego got in the way."

I could not agree more. Not sure if the feeling of winning in 85 makes me happier then the dissapointment of not getting back to the SB for the next five years pisses me off. Oh, and his insistance with the Bambi experiment.

I'm getting later in life so I only want to give the next head coach 5 years you win the SB or your out. Then next.

Ditka was great as a personality but not a very good coach IMO. He should have won two more Super Bowls but his ego got in the way.

I always thought the issue with the team not getting more championships was due to money and not having enough to keep all the players. Similar to how after 6 championships the Bulls fell apart.

Bulls were different.

Bears were both as you mention...

Ditka made a lot of errors. however, between him and Mike McCaskey's bad personnel decisions were made left and right after the SB... however, I always felt game time, he was ready and a good coach. It was the personnel decisions that I thought were suspect...

I always thought the issue with the team not getting more championships was due to money and not having enough to keep all the players. Similar to how after 6 championships the Bulls fell apart.

I swear i remember MJ retiring after #6. I guess that would have nothing to do with it. The players hated tge ownership group so most players either retiring or just leaving when MJ decided he was done(that time). Don't try and compare the 2 situations

Okay, now we're starting to get out of control. Why would Emery even bother interviewing these worthless non-candidates? Mike Singletary would be the worst hire of all time.

He said he was going to interview on the defensive side of the ball as well. I think this means he is looking seriously at coaches still in the playoffs and we are in for an extended process. Why not interview as many candidates as you can until you are ready for the hire?

He said he was going to interview on the defensive side of the ball as well. I think this means he is looking seriously at coaches still in the playoffs and we are in for an extended process. Why not interview as many candidates as you can until you are ready for the hire?

I don't have a problem with that. I just think it's a waste of time interviewing two guys who are not serious or legitimate candidates to win the head coaching position.

Maybe Emery took a look at the complaints about him interviewing so many candidates and decided to stick it to the critics, LOL.

Hey, it does not hurt to interview as many as he wants as long as the process does not allow the one we really want to sign with someone else first.

Okay, now we're starting to get out of control. Why would Emery even bother interviewing these worthless non-candidates? Mike Singletary would be the worst hire of all time.

He already has he coach picked out, now he is on a fact finding mission surfing the NFL picking brains on his team. Why not.