Off season player acquistion

Stinger226

Between the draft and FAgency we need several spots to upgrade. We cant fix everything in one season,so these are the positions I think immediate upgrade.

OL-I think we need to grab a 1st round OT, there seems to be 5 listed as 1st round grades, but will need more research to pinpoint what valve that will be at with the 20th pick.

I also think we need to bring in a OG,OC in FAgency to add to the mix. Lance Louis will need to be resigned then possible names to go after Levirte-Buf (bright future)

Valquiez-SD (a younger guy with some upside) for OC spots-Faine-Cinn or Koppen-Den would come from 2 stong Olines.

TE-I think we can grab one in FAgency or possible 2nd round pick. FAs include Cook-Tenn, Davis-Wash,Sheffler-DET, Meyers-OAK, Bennett-Giants.

MLB- I think we grab one with the 2nd round pick, have to research prospects.

Speed WR-with 4 th pick or FAgency. Wrs in FAgency include Schillens-Jets, Avery-Colts, Henderson-NO, need to research this more. Someone like Knox to stretch field.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Between the draft and FAgency we need several spots to upgrade. We cant fix everything in one season,so these are the positions I think immediate upgrade.

OL-I think we need to grab a 1st round OT, there seems to be 5 listed as 1st round grades, but will need more research to pinpoint what valve that will be at with the 20th pick.

I also think we need to bring in a OG,OC in FAgency to add to the mix. Lance Louis will need to be resigned then possible names to go after Levirte-Buf (bright future)

Valquiez-SD (a younger guy with some upside) for OC spots-Faine-Cinn or Koppen-Den would come from 2 stong Olines.

TE-I think we can grab one in FAgency or possible 2nd round pick. FAs include Cook-Tenn, Davis-Wash,Sheffler-DET, Meyers-OAK, Bennett-Giants.

MLB- I think we grab one with the 2nd round pick, have to research prospects.

Speed WR-with 4 th pick or FAgency. Wrs in FAgency include Schillens-Jets, Avery-Colts, Henderson-NO, need to research this more. Someone like Knox to stretch field.

I agree with your overall assessment of needing OL, TE and MLB. I think FA will tell the tale. I've seen a few lists out there and both OL andWRs seem to be pretty deep overall. And in draft the OL position is a ton better than last yr and i believe we will see at least 2 new starters on the line plus a new starting TE. TE is a much bigger priority for me than a speed WR. Jay has to have that go to guy in middle of field

Of the TE position alone my thoughts on Scheffler and Bennett are "no". Bennett is too inconsistent (especially when he was with Dallas) and Scheffler is too old.

Don't suppose Olsen could be brought back? He would be the perfect fit for what you describe.

My preference would be Cook then Meyers from Oak. Younger with upside. the list is there to just get us a upgrade, which would be anybody.

I agree with your overall assessment of needing OL, TE and MLB. I think FA will tell the tale. I've seen a few lists out there and both OL andWRs seem to be pretty deep overall. And in draft the OL position is a ton better than last yr and i believe we will see at least 2 new starters on the line plus a new starting TE. TE is a much bigger priority for me than a speed WR. Jay has to have that go to guy in middle of field

I agree that TE is a must, but with a speed wr like Wallace, who I dont think we can afford, Marshall, Jefferys, a pass catching TE, and Forte, a player to stretch the field would make us tough to beat.

Hm, whodda thunk? Seems like Scheffler has been around forever. But then Clark was in the same system forever.

Ok, I'll go with Clark being the better player...regardless of age.

Four years is a huge age difference in the NFL. I'll go with the younger player and the player who played with Cutler before.

Peace :dabears

Four years is a huge age difference in the NFL. I'll go with the younger player and the player who played with Cutler before.

Peace :dabears

Actually I was going to mention that Tony Gonzalez is also being mentioned as a possibility as a UFA....never mind.

The tie to Cutler does make some sense, but he still seems too inconsistent to me.

Guest TerraTor

Id stay away from OL in the 1st. Look where it has gotten us. Go with a LB in the 1st or a guy who actually played Safety in college that will play safety in NFL.

Id stay away from OL in the 1st. Look where it has gotten us. Go with a LB in the 1st or a guy who actually played Safety in college that will play safety in NFL.

So u say we should ignore OL again just because jerry angelo sucked at it. Sorry but that's idiotic if u ask me. U dont know how much better or eorse Emery is as a talent evaluator compared to Angelo. And just because we have failed recently doesn't mean we should ignore it.

So u say we should ignore OL again just because jerry angelo sucked at it. Sorry but that's idiotic if u ask me. U dont know how much better or eorse Emery is as a talent evaluator compared to Angelo. And just because we have failed recently doesn't mean we should ignore it.

As you may have seen I'm of a similar opinion that Terra has. Think it more "gun shy" than "idiotic". And yes you're right, it would be unfair to compare Angelo's two failures to Emery's none (in the OL Dept). Jason and I have gone round and round about this and I'm just concerned with getting another dud. I'm more of the opinion that 1st rounds are more for the skill set players, unless you really find the blue chip deal at OL. Personally, I'd just as soon spend the money (I'm talking big bucks) on a proven 3-5 year veteran before drafting for that position. And in that position I'm referring to the blind-side Tackle, in this case LT.

As you may have seen I'm of a similar opinion that Terra has. Think it more "gun shy" than "idiotic". And yes you're right, it would be unfair to compare Angelo's two failures to Emery's none (in the OL Dept). Jason and I have gone round and round about this and I'm just concerned with getting another dud. I'm more of the opinion that 1st rounds are more for the skill set players, unless you really find the blue chip deal at OL. Personally, I'd just as soon spend the money (I'm talking big bucks) on a proven 3-5 year veteran before drafting for that position. And in that position I'm referring to the blind-side Tackle, in this case LT.

I guess personally i wouldn't ignore all OL in 1st because of past failures cuz previous regimes however if u want to take a skill position guy instead because u believe he can help more than whatever available olinemen are currently on the board then im totally cool with that but just to ignore the position cuz of Angelo's failures is dumb i think. I've said if Te'o falls to us at 20 then u take him regardless of who is available. In 1st I've always been of the mindset to select best available player generally speaking of course there are a few exceptions

I guess personally i wouldn't ignore all OL in 1st because of past failures cuz previous regimes however if u want to take a skill position guy instead because u believe he can help more than whatever available olinemen are currently on the board then im totally cool with that but just to ignore the position cuz of Angelo's failures is dumb i think. I've said if Te'o falls to us at 20 then u take him regardless of who is available. In 1st I've always been of the mindset to select best available player generally speaking of course there are a few exceptions

Wow, if Te'o were available? I would hope that Emery wouldn't even think twice about signing that guy. But yes, generally speaking I say get the best player for the value at the first round if you can. Again, and considering where the Bears will be picking, that player just might be the #1 rated Olman.

Draft wise I'd like to see:

Eric Fischer OLT

Alec Ogletree MLB

Chance Warmack OG

Tyler Eifert TE

Barrett G/C

Cooper G

A lot of G prospects available and with Louis, Brown, Williams, and maybe even Carimi we may not have a huge need for one. But there are some great OG prospects this season and the top 3-4should he better than anything we have.

Wow, if Te'o were available? I would hope that Emery wouldn't even think twice about signing that guy. But yes, generally speaking I say get the best player for the value at the first round if you can. Again, and considering where the Bears will be picking, that player just might be the #1 rated Olman.

OL needs to be a priority but at 20 if the right valve isnt there, then do whats best. The people that draft well, draft good players, rarely for need. Hopefully it fills our most important needs. You figure the 1st and 2nd need to contribute the first year. The 4th and 5th make the roster and some playing time.

Draft wise I'd like to see:

Eric Fischer OLT

Alec Ogletree MLB

Chance Warmack OG

Tyler Eifert TE

Barrett G/C

Cooper G

A lot of G prospects available and with Louis, Brown, Williams, and maybe even Carimi we may not have a huge need for one. But there are some great OG prospects this season and the top 3-4should he better than anything we have.

That all sounds good but Warmack will be gone by the 4th and Eifert way before that, he is the 2nd rated TE in draft.