Off season player acquistion

Stinger226

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Dustin Keller as a FA TE? He's played every game of his career until this year. In the last 2 seasons (2010 and 2011), he has had 120 catches and 10 touchdowns.

Evan Rodirguez is one inch shorter than Keller and the same weight.

Peace :dabears

How about Dustin Keller as a FA TE? He's played every game of his career until this year. In the last 2 seasons (2010 and 2011), he has had 120 catches and 10 touchdowns.

I like him. I think there are quite a few good TE candidates that are out there whom the Bears could sign that would be significant upgrades. We don't need an elite TE, just a good one would be great. Keller, Bennett, Finley, etc.

Evan Rodirguez is one inch shorter than Keller and the same weight.

Keller has produced and Rodriguez hasn't (and I'm not writing Rodriguez off here but he was just a 4th rounder). Unless your point is that they Keller isn't a good blocker, which is the case. Supposedly he made strides the past year or two, but no one would call his blocking good. He's very similar to Greg Olsen.

Between the draft and FAgency we need several spots to upgrade. We cant fix everything in one season,so these are the positions I think immediate upgrade.

OL-I think we need to grab a 1st round OT, there seems to be 5 listed as 1st round grades, but will need more research to pinpoint what valve that will be at with the 20th pick.

I also think we need to bring in a OG,OC in FAgency to add to the mix. Lance Louis will need to be resigned then possible names to go after Levirte-Buf (bright future)

Valquiez-SD (a younger guy with some upside) for OC spots-Faine-Cinn or Koppen-Den would come from 2 stong Olines.

TE-I think we can grab one in FAgency or possible 2nd round pick. FAs include Cook-Tenn, Davis-Wash,Sheffler-DET, Meyers-OAK, Bennett-Giants.

MLB- I think we grab one with the 2nd round pick, have to research prospects.

Speed WR-with 4 th pick or FAgency. Wrs in FAgency include Schillens-Jets, Avery-Colts, Henderson-NO, need to research this more. Someone like Knox to stretch field.

OL - I obviously agree with any and all help given here. As someone else said, numbers need to be thrown at this situation.

TE - I would like to see Rodriguez get a chance. His talent is SEVERELY wasted where he is now. He was drafted for a reason, but he wasn't used for that reason.

MLB - I still think Urlacher has some skill, and is serviceable for one or two more years. Besides, I don't think MLBs are that hard to really find. Hall of Famers? Sure, they're hard to find. But good MLBs are a dime a dozen.

Keller has produced and Rodriguez hasn't (and I'm not writing Rodriguez off here but he was just a 4th rounder). Unless your point is that they Keller isn't a good blocker, which is the case. Supposedly he made strides the past year or two, but no one would call his blocking good. He's very similar to Greg Olsen.

I would much rather have Scheffler who is one year older than Keller, three inches taller and played with Cutler in Denver.

MLB - I still think Urlacher has some skill, and is serviceable for one or two more years. Besides, I don't think MLBs are that hard to really find. Hall of Famers? Sure, they're hard to find. But good MLBs are a dime a dozen.

I have to agree here. Not sure that an early round draft pick is necessary. In fact, and as someone else pointed out, I have this sneaky suspicion that they have plans for Shea McClellin still.

I have to agree here. Not sure that an early round draft pick is necessary. In fact, and as someone else pointed out, I have this sneaky suspicion that they have plans for Shea McClellin still.

I think the plan for Shea is to be a DE. I don't think there is any trick up the sleeve but all of that could change. Ultimately it comes down to whomever the new DC is (if any). If it is a new DC maybe they will see Shea differently. I also don't believe that lovie/Shea disagreed on Shea. If that was the case, something would have came out. Lovie loves speed rushers and he got that. I would be stunned if he had major issues with the drafting of Shea (and that Emery would have forced it on him).

I do agree that it could make sense to resign Urlacher (if the Bears think he can be at least average to slightly above average). This assumes the price is right but it allows the Bears to address other more important needs and lets you wait another year on MLB. That said, it could all be a moot point as everything is very dependent on whom our coach is (and then in turn, who the DC is). If Marinelli stays (and I think its 50/50) then it is more likely that Urlacher would stick around, imo.

I think the plan for Shea is to be a DE. I don't think there is any trick up the sleeve but all of that could change. Ultimately it comes down to whomever the new DC is (if any). If it is a new DC maybe they will see Shea differently. I also don't believe that lovie/Shea disagreed on Shea. If that was the case, something would have came out. Lovie loves speed rushers and he got that. I would be stunned if he had major issues with the drafting of Shea (and that Emery would have forced it on him).

I do agree that it could make sense to resign Urlacher (if the Bears think he can be at least average to slightly above average). This assumes the price is right but it allows the Bears to address other more important needs and lets you wait another year on MLB. That said, it could all be a moot point as everything is very dependent on whom our coach is (and then in turn, who the DC is). If Marinelli stays (and I think its 50/50) then it is more likely that Urlacher would stick around, imo.

Also let's keep in mind on many occasions he has said he doesn't particularly care the cover 2 because it hides some of his strengths like getting after the qb and allowing him to get downhill

Guest TerraTor
So u say we should ignore OL again just because jerry angelo sucked at it. Sorry but that's idiotic if u ask me. U dont know how much better or eorse Emery is as a talent evaluator compared to Angelo. And just because we have failed recently doesn't mean we should ignore it.

My take is this:

OL taken that high, and they turn out shitty, are useless. AT least defenders can do something like ST. And I know the love affair some on this board have with Special Teamers.

Guest TerraTor
My wish list would include signing Schefler and Jake Long as UFAs, Draft OL Barrett Jones and MLB Bostic of Fla,Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan, OT Xavier Nixon Fla,Khaseem Greene OLB Rutgers,Colin Klein QB Kansas St,Tyranne Mathieu DB (None)

Ill take Nico Johnson at 20

My wish list would include signing Schefler and Jake Long as UFAs, Draft OL Barrett Jones and MLB Bostic of Fla,Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan, OT Xavier Nixon Fla,Khaseem Greene OLB Rutgers,Colin Klein QB Kansas St,Tyranne Mathieu DB (None)

Take all of those guys? Or those are your choices for 1st round?