Possible Free Agent OL

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

Lance Louis wont be back

Webb, well insert any general insult

Carimi, I think he is the weakest guy on team outside McClellin. But is young at least

Garza, just fine.

------------------

OT -

CLady, Beatty, Jake Long, Albert - Tier 1 at least one these guys will hit the market, I say break the bank We drafted two "LT" in 5 years and both suck

OG -

Levitre

In my opinion 1 great OT can anchor the line. Like Madden Team Captain guy (humor)

http://nfltraderumors.co/2013-nfl-free-agents-51-100/

Everything depends upon what the new system is. If we get a head coach who uses a lot of zone blocking like Shanahan or McCoy, you're going to want to get some smaller, more athletic offensive lineman, as opposed to the bruising maulers. Ryan Clady is about as realistic as Sean Payton being our next head coach before he re-signed with the Saints. I don't have a particular preference for a certain guy after him. Just get somebody good. Get a couple of guys that can start right away. In a perfect world, I would sign 2 and draft one within the first 2 rounds.

How are we viewing James Brown on this board now. I remember being on here last off season and there was a lot of talk on him.

I didn't even notice he started 3 games this year, which i guess is a good thing.

I've read some reports that he's looked alright but would be better suited on the outside or inside a zone blocking scheme.

Could he get a spot somewhere on the line? Anywhere but LT, I want a proven guy there.

Lance Louis wont be back

Carimi, I think he is the weakest guy on team outside McClellin. But is young at least

Garza, just fine.

------------------

OT -

CLady, Beatty, Jake Long, Albert - Tier 1 at least one these guys will hit the market, I say break the bank We drafted two "LT" in 5 years and both suck

OG -

Levitre

In my opinion 1 great OT can anchor the line. Like Madden Team Captain guy (humor)

Why wont Louis be back? He was our most reliable OL until his injury. I think we need to get a LT in FAgency as there will be some choices. We also need to drat at least 2 OLs to add to the mix.

Why wont Louis be back? He was our most reliable OL until his injury. I think we need to get a LT in FAgency as there will be some choices. We also need to drat at least 2 OLs to add to the mix.

Agreed. I think Louis returns. Also think we need to get a young backup for Garza a center. LT is a top priority, then G. Brown may be serviceable as G, but we need some new blood.

Agreed. I think Louis returns. Also think we need to get a young backup for Garza a center. LT is a top priority, then G. Brown may be serviceable as G, but we need some new blood.

I think what will happen is 2 new starters with garza, lance louis and Jonathan scott all returning. We may not like it most will scream about but i think that's reality plus i dont think we need a great line. Personally i think we will be fine with a mediocre line as long as the new OC draws up a play book that utilizes cutlers ability to use his legs. That's what made him so dangerous at Denver. And most teams dont have great olines. Look at GB. There oline is complete garbage and the defense blows chunks yet they excel at depth at WR and 1 of the best qbs in the league

Guest TerraTor

torn ACL... at least a year to be ready

I see Garza and Louis being there for sure. I see Carimi getting a legit chance to start. With that said, I fully expect 1 T & 1 G in the draft or FA...with a possibility for more or a C instead of G with a move of Garza back to G.

Who the new guys will be...I haven't a clue...

Lance Louis wont be back

Garza, just fine.

------------------

OT -

OG -

Levitre

Guest TerraTor
I see Garza and Louis being there for sure. I see Carimi getting a legit chance to start. With that said, I fully expect 1 T & 1 G in the draft or FA...with a possibility for more or a C instead of G with a move of Garza back to G.

LT in free agency and C/G Barret Jones in 2nd?

I have to agree with this (in bold). Not so sure how Carimi will pan out though. He's become a bit of an enigma. Drafted as a starting Tackle, but this year looks nothing like a Tackle and obviously didn't play as one..very well.

So what happened to Scott? He seemed to be pretty good while in the lineup and held his own.

Carimi is a big question mark. However, i think he will get a shot at one last redemption. If he turns into an OK RT or OK G, then it'll be OK. If not, then he becomes another warm body for a year.

Scott will be another warm body. He should have a shot to compete. But if we draft high or get a stud FA, he'll have to beat them or someone else out. I think the more warm bodies we get for the line, the better...

I have to agree with this (in bold). Not so sure how Carimi will pan out though. He's become a bit of an enigma. Drafted as a starting Tackle, but this year looks nothing like a Tackle and obviously didn't play as one..very well.

So what happened to Scott? He seemed to be pretty good while in the lineup and held his own.

I think what will happen is 2 new starters with garza, lance louis and Jonathan scott all returning. We may not like it most will scream about but i think that's reality plus i dont think we need a great line. Personally i think we will be fine with a mediocre line as long as the new OC draws up a play book that utilizes cutlers ability to use his legs. That's what made him so dangerous at Denver. And most teams dont have great olines. Look at GB. There oline is complete garbage and the defense blows chunks yet they excel at depth at WR and 1 of the best qbs in the league

cutler or any quarterback we may envision needs more than an average or worse a mediocre line. these blows they are taking add up over the long term like body blows in a heavyweight fight.

everyone looks at rogers in green bay and infer if he can take it so should ours. in reality they are cutting rogers career down by years with the abuse he is taking and all it takes is just one hit to end his career completely. but in the packers defense i also must confess that the packers understand this and DO draft high quality prospects to make their line more than average nearly every year. we have never done that in my memory.

EDIT... i take that back. one GM in memory did keep drafting OL until they were of high quality and that GM was Jim Finks. the problem was that they let him walk and idiot mikey ant then angie showed up and that was that.

having a mediocre offensive line also limits our offense in the running game and puts wear and tear on any high quality running back we have or may get. this also limits our superbowl contention chances.

final note: we do NOT want cutler or any other franchise qb in chicago having to roll out or conceive some oddball trick plays to keep him healthy because our OL is subpar. to do this is franchise suicide!!

There's a difference between a QB using his legs by offensive design as in roll outs, bootlegs, et. vs a QB using his legs because he's running for his life.

LT in free agency and C/G Barret Jones in 2nd?

that would be great, but think we need one FA and two draft picks, we no longer can take a lackluster appoach to this anymore. We know what we would be getting in FAgency so we have to get the LT and then a OG an OC in the draft. Let a center prospect sit behind Garza for a year so he is in place when hes done.