Bears to Interview Mike Singletary

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor
This would be the ultimate meatball hire. I heard on the radio that Singletary was the one to call the Bears and ask for an interview, and whether it was George or whoever, told Emery he didn't have to do it if he didn't want to. It's pretty much nothing more than a dumb favor and a waste of time.

No bigger waste of time than interviewing the CFL guy

This would be the ultimate meatball hire. I heard on the radio that Singletary was the one to call the Bears and ask for an interview, and whether it was George or whoever, told Emery he didn't have to do it if he didn't want to. It's pretty much nothing more than a dumb favor and a waste of time.

It's never a waste of time to spend some time on the great ones of your franchises history. Singletary has forever earned his respect.

No bigger waste of time than interviewing the CFL guy

Yeah but Trestman actually has a legitimate NFL resume, and was really really good at just about every he's been. My only concern with him is why has he been in the CFL so long and why has he never been able to stay at one place for more than 2 years at the NFL level.

It's never a waste of time to spend some time on the great ones of your franchises history. Singletary has forever earned his respect.

I heard on the Score today that interviewing Singletary was a favor to George McCaskey. Singletary called the Bears and asked to interview.

Hell, and if he can give some insight into what the Vikings see from their perspective, that would be very helpful. Then Emery could confirm with the ST Coach, who is also due an interview. Something that may seem like an internal strength, could be an actual weakness that other teams were exploiting.

Also, this could be something like gauging interest for other positions as well, like DC.

I have no problem with a franchise respecting it's past great players. If Singletary requested an interview and the Bears obliged I think that's great show of respect for what a former Hall of Fame player did for the organization. Singletary's approach obviously failed in SF but given how hard he studied and worked as a player, and even as a coach to achieve his goals I can't believe he hasn't learned something from his mistakes. I'm not saying he's my favorite in this search but I can't be upset for Emery giving him 3hrs of his time to listen to what he has to say. For all I know Singletary could end up being our next DC. That might not be a bad thing.

I have no problem with a franchise respecting it's past great players. If Singletary requested an interview and the Bears obliged I think that's great show of respect for what a former Hall of Fame player did for the organization. Singletary's approach obviously failed in SF but given how hard he studied and worked as a player, and even as a coach to achieve his goals I can't believe he hasn't learned something from his mistakes. I'm not saying he's my favorite in this search but I can't be upset for Emery giving him 3hrs of his time to listen to what he has to say. For all I know Singletary could end up being our next DC. That might not be a bad thing.

Completely agreed.