Green Bay got shredded

adam

Wow, SF and Kaepernick look good. Glad to see the Cheeseheads out of it. Now Clements becomes available, if Emery deems him worthy enough. GB doomed themselves by losing to Minny in Week 17. A win and they would've had a Bye last week and a home game this week.

So much for Rodgers being the savior that can win any game on his own. Nothing can help a defense that bad.

Wow, SF and Kaepernick look good. Glad to see the Cheeseheads out of it. Now Clements becomes available, if Emery deems him worthy enough. GB doomed themselves by losing to Minny in Week 17. A win and they would've had a Bye last week and a home game this week.

So much for Rodgers being the savior that can win any game on his own. Nothing can help a defense that bad.

I was playing a texas hold em tourney but when i was watching it looked like gb forgot kaep cab run.

I remember back when Rodgers was being hyped to no end like he'd been to 6 Super Bowls. I made a comment on here about how hard it is to get to the big game, much less win it, and that it wouldn't shock me if Rodgers never wins another Super Bowl. I didn't get much response and I imagine most people saw that comment as a stretch, but now you see what I was talking about. He's a great QB, but it takes some good fortune, not just talent, to finish a career with multiple rings, and it's not going to get any easier for the Packers any time soon.

Watching Kaepernick, Wilson, and RGIII makes me really wish the Bears could develop a young quarterback that has the speed and athleticism to do some of the things they do.

I know what you mean, but let me throw in that we've yet to see sustained success from that QB style of play. Cam did well but still came back down to earth this year in the sense that he had the same number of turnovers but managed 7 less TDs. Vick bombed (as he did years ago). RGIII may never be the same after his injury (the one that effectively ended the Redskins' season). I'm not sure I can forsee the NFL's paradigm shifting such that QBs get used up and traded in for a newer model like RBs currently are. We'll have to wait and see if these QBs can take the punishment year after year.

I know what you mean, but let me throw in that we've yet to see sustained success from that QB style of play. Cam did well but still came back down to earth this year in the sense that he had the same number of turnovers but managed 7 less TDs. Vick bombed (as he did years ago). RGIII may never be the same after his injury (the one that effectively ended the Redskins' season). I'm not sure I can forsee the NFL's paradigm shifting such that QBs get used up and traded in for a newer model like RBs currently are. We'll have to wait and see if these QBs can take the punishment year after year.

Kaepernick folds under pressure but we haven't seen much of it because his Oline is so good. Go back and watch some highlights of their last game against Seattle for evidence. Can he get better in this regard? Of course, but the book isn't written on him just yet.

Kaepernick folds under pressure but we haven't seen much of it because his Oline is so good. Go back and watch some highlights of their last game against Seattle for evidence. Can he get better in this regard? Of course, but the book isn't written on him just yet.

Woodson said after the game that they did not plan for Kaepernick to run so much. Really? No wonder you got torched. They didn't have a spy on him. Seattle had the blue print for him, and I am surprised GB didn't follow suit.

Woodson said after the game that they did not plan for Kaepernick to run so much. Really? No wonder you got torched. They didn't have a spy on him. Seattle had the blue print for him, and I am surprised GB didn't follow suit.

Their zone blitzing scheme just doesn't work against a spread offense. The NFL should allow QBs to get rocked in that spread offense as they stand there deciding to hand the ball off or not....the DE or OLB shouldn't have to stand on the outside and have to wait to hit the QB. If the QB ends up handing the ball off, but still gets crushed....thats fair game IMO.

Their zone blitzing scheme just doesn't work against a spread offense. The NFL should allow QBs to get rocked in that spread offense as they stand there deciding to hand the ball off or not....the DE or OLB shouldn't have to stand on the outside and have to wait to hit the QB. If the QB ends up handing the ball off, but still gets crushed....thats fair game IMO.

They have to wait?

We have one, not to the extent of those three you mentioned but good enough. It comes down to a good line and a good scheme.

1 of the problems last night for packers was said post game by Charles Woodson who said they didnt game plan for kaep to run. That's a medicine to get destroyed. How can u be so dumb to think he isnt going to run much

We have one, not to the extent of those three you mentioned but good enough. It comes down to a good line and a good scheme.

Who? I don't see any young quarterbacks on this roster that can beat defenses with their arms and feet. Cutler isn't young. He's not going to play forever. Sooner or later you need to find the next guy, even if he's going to sit on the bench for a couple years before he gets the opportunity. For all we know Cutler might not even be here next season or the season beyond with a new coach in place and an expiring contract. The clock is ticking on his future.

1 of the problems last night for packers was said post game by Charles Woodson who said they didnt game plan for kaep to run. That's a medicine to get destroyed. How can u be so dumb to think he isnt going to run much

Yeah, I mentioned a few posts earlier. I can't believe they did not game plan for that.

GB might look significantly different next year.

They have to wait?

There were several plays last night Matthews stood flat footed waiting to see who was going to take the ball whether it was Kap or Gore. I watched Ware a few weeks ago against the Skins and he did the same thing.

These are house on fire off of the corner guys....if the QB hands it off at the last second and the DEs and OLBs drill the QB...it shouldn't be a personal foul. This argument has not been mentioned but it should...in college guys take out the QB all of the time because thats their assignment. The Pros still can't touch these QBs even in the spread which is BS.

Lets just try to develop a QB that can read defenses and throw the ball... It works for GB NE and Den.

Agreed. More often than not, athletic QBs get punished by defenders for being athletic.

A QB with accuracy, timing, and arm strength is what the Bears need. I think Cutler could be that guy if he could ever get consistent protection.

Agreed. More often than not, athletic QBs get punished by defenders for being athletic.

A QB with accuracy, timing, and arm strength is what the Bears need. I think Cutler could be that guy if he could ever get consistent protection.

It depends on what they're using their athleticism for. A guy like Rodgers...his athleticism is keeping him alive behind their line and allowing him to make plays with his arm. That's different from guys like Vick, RG3, etc, who are using their athleticism to turn themselves into running threats. The former is keeping a guy alive, the latter really starts putting a guy at risk.

It depends on what they're using their athleticism for. A guy like Rodgers...his athleticism is keeping him alive behind their line and allowing him to make plays with his arm. That's different from guys like Vick, RG3, etc, who are using their athleticism to turn themselves into running threats. The former is keeping a guy alive, the latter really starts putting a guy at risk.

Agreed. But considering the title of this thread, and the QB behind the shredding, the reference is to the former type of QB, not the latter.

There were several plays last night Matthews stood flat footed waiting to see who was going to take the ball whether it was Kap or Gore. I watched Ware a few weeks ago against the Skins and he did the same thing.

These are house on fire off of the corner guys....if the QB hands it off at the last second and the DEs and OLBs drill the QB...it shouldn't be a personal foul. This argument has not been mentioned but it should...in college guys take out the QB all of the time because thats their assignment. The Pros still can't touch these QBs even in the spread which is BS.

Rule NO#1 on defense in fooball..........if he has the ball and wearing a different colored jersey than yours...tackle him......lol