SFs Oline

Stinger226

One of the better Olines in the NFL, and how was it built?

LT, Joe Staley- 6 years exp.-28th player chosen.

LG,Iupati-3 years exp.-43rd player taken.

C, Goodwin-11years exp.-FA from NO

RG, Boone-3 years exp.-Undtrafted FA- projected as a RT

RT, Anthony Davis-3 years exp.-11th player taken-Drafted as a LT

The point to all of this is 2 #1 draft picks, 1 2nd, one UDFA, and a FA. Staley,Iputai, Davis started from day 1. Boones first year starting and Goodwin has started 5 years of his 11 year career

You have to have high drafts pick that make it play on your line, SF has 3. Then you can fit in a couple around him. For us, if we drafted right, we would have Williams, Carmi, as first round picks starting. Garza, a good vet. and Louis a 7th round pick. Spencer a FA.(not any good) The problem is we never hit on our high draft picks. WE NEED TO DO THAT NOW. The 1st and 2nd rounds picks need to be hits and pick up another guy in FAgency. Then maybe we can start something good with the Oline.

One of the better Olines in the NFL, and how was it built?

LT, Joe Staley- 6 years exp.-28th player chosen.

LG,Iupati-3 years exp.-43rd player taken.

C, Goodwin-11years exp.-FA from NO

RG, Boone-3 years exp.-Undtrafted FA- drafted as a RT

RT, Anthony Davis-3 years exp.-11th player taken-Drafted as a LT

The point to all of this is 2 #1 draft picks, 1 2nd, one UDFA, and a FA. Staley,Iputai, Davis started from day 1. Boones first year starting and Goodwin has started 5 years of his 11 year career

You have to have high drafts pick that make it play on your line, SF has 3. Then you can fit in a couple around him. For us, if we drafted right, we would have Williams, Carmi, as first round picks starting. Garza, a good vet. and Louis a 7th round pick. Spencer a FA. The problem is we never hit on our high draft picks. WE NEED TO DO THAT NOW. The 1st and 2nd rounds picks need to be hits and pick up another guy in FAgency. Then maybe we can start something good with the Oline.

Yes that sound good but think about this....its WHO you draft. We seem to be drafting Oline players with no heart of attitude. Mr smiley face Webb, the Bear jew Carimi, C.Williams who is next? Im not saying draft bad players or no morals one's....just the ones you see with a chip on their shoulders and a mean streak!!! Like this........one game last year Carimi got just flat out ran over by the DE and then he gets up and pats him on the back....damn. Webb does the same thing gets ran over and there is no aftermath!!!

It's obviously not that easy...For Jerry Angelo at least...It's somewhat puzzling why our guys don't translate their success from college to the pros...Chris Williams was 1st Team all SEC his senior year and 2nd team his junior, while we all know Gabe Carimi was the Outland Trophy winner....Is it the Bears blocking scheme these guys have trouble picking up or is it just bad luck? Can't really blame Angelo for the picks so we just gotta hope Emery has better success.

Because of all this I really wanna see LT be addressed in FA. Give Gabe RT, Louis brought back at RG, I'd love Barrett Jones at C while moving Garza back to LG.

Here are the remaining playoff teams:

BAL:

McKinnie (FA, Former 1st Rd pick)

Osemele (2nd Rd pick)

Burk (FA)

Yanda (3rd Rd pick)

Oher (1st Rd pick)

NE:

Solder (1st Rd pick)

Mankins (1st Rd pick)

Vollmer (2nd Rd pick)

Connolly (FA)

Wendell (UDFA)

ATL:

Baker (1st Rd pick)

Blalock (2nd Rd pick)

McClure (7th Rd pick)

Konz (2nd Rd pick)

Clabo (FA)

SEA:

Okung (1st Rd pick)

McQuistan (FA)

Unger (2nd Rd pick)

Sweezy (7th Rd pick)

Giacomini (FA)

HOU:

Brown (1st Rd pick)

Smith (FA)

Myers (FA)

Jones (4th Rd pick)

Newton (7th Rd pick)

It's obviously not that easy...For Jerry Angelo at least...It's somewhat puzzling why our guys don't translate their success from college to the pros...Chris Williams was 1st Team all SEC his senior year and 2nd team his junior, while we all know Gabe Carimi was the Outland Trophy winner....Is it the Bears blocking scheme these guys have trouble picking up or is it just bad luck? Can't really blame Angelo for the picks so we just gotta hope Emery has better success.

Because of all this I really wanna see LT be addressed in FA. Give Gabe RT, Louis brought back at RG, I'd love Barrett Jones at C while moving Garza back to LG.

My problem with angelo isnt so much that guys like williams didn't work out. It's the fact that how many yrs did he go and not even address tge OL all together even when we saw that father time was setting in.

My problem with angelo isnt so much that guys like williams didn't work out. It's the fact that how many yrs did he go and not even address tge OL all together even when we saw that father time was setting in.

I can't really comment on that because my memory is really foggy, it looks like he has tried to address it numerous times with the before mentioned picks and it just didn't work out for whatever reason.

Just found out James Brown was 1 of 10 players on the Outland trophy watch list last year...Wonder if he can be our UDFA starter sometime soon or if he's gonna go on the list of successful college guys who don't excel on the Bears.

I can't really comment on that because my memory is really foggy, it looks like he has tried to address it numerous times with the before mentioned picks and it just didn't work out for whatever reason.

Ok I'll provide free history lesson. Try not to puke as its tough to swallow thinking of his drafts

2002(9 picks)

1st- marc colombo

3rd- Terrence metcalf

2003(12 picks)

None

2004(8 picks)

None

2005(6 picks)

None

2006(7 picks)

7th - tyler Reed

2007(9 picks)

4th - josh beekman

2008(9 picks)

1st - chris williams

7th - chester adams

7th - kirk barton

2009(9 picks)

7th - lance Louis

2010(5 picks)

7th - j'marcus webb

2011(5 picks)

1st Gabe carimi

As u can from 2003-2007 drafted only 2 with highest a 4th then in 2009 and 2010 only 2 guys both 7th rounders. And with Williams most believe that we screwed him over

Ok I'll provide free history lesson. Try not to puke as its tough to swallow thinking of his drafts

2002(9 picks)

1st- marc colombo

3rd- Terrence metcalf

2003(12 picks)

None

2004(8 picks)

None

2005(6 picks)

None

2006(7 picks)

7th - tyler Reed

2007(9 picks)

4th - josh beekman

2008(9 picks)

1st - chris williams

7th - chester adams

7th - kirk barton

2009(9 picks)

7th - lance Louis

2010(5 picks)

7th - j'marcus webb

2011(5 picks)

1st Gabe carimi

As u can from 2003-2007 drafted only 2 with highest a 4th then in 2009 and 2010 only 2 guys both 7th rounders. And with Williams most believe that we screwed him over

Was the line nearly as bad between 03-07 as it is now? What about free agent pickups?

Was the line nearly as bad between 03-07 as it is now? What about free agent pickups?

It was ok to begin with. When JA took over in 02 he inherited kruetz who was already a pro bowler. He used FA in 04 to get brown and tait(poison pill contract to ensure KC wouldn't match). Then used FA again to get garza and miller in 05-06. Line was great those 2 yrs then started downhill from there. Due to age and injuries starting in 07. We tried with Orlando pace in 09 which he was old and was an epic fail. Been bad since 08 while getting worse and worse. During those good yrs we could have drafted a few in 2nd 3rd rds to have current guys groom them

Guest TerraTor

2002(9 picks)

1st- marc colombo

3rd- Terrence metcalf

2003(12 picks)

None

2004(8 picks)

None

2005(6 picks)

None

2006(7 picks)

7th - tyler Reed

2007(9 picks)

4th - josh beekman

2008(9 picks)

1st - chris williams

7th - chester adams

7th - kirk barton

2009(9 picks)

7th - lance Louis

2010(5 picks)

7th - j'marcus webb

2011(5 picks)

1st Gabe carimi

I always thought Beekman was best OL weve drafted in that time period

It was ok to begin with. When JA took over in 02 he inherited kruetz who was already a pro bowler. He used FA in 04 to get brown and tait(poison pill contract to ensure KC wouldn't match). Then used FA again to get garza and miller in 05-06. Line was great those 2 yrs then started downhill from there. Due to age and injuries starting in 07. We tried with Orlando pace in 09 which he was old and was an epic fail. Been bad since 08 while getting worse and worse. During those good yrs we could have drafted a few in 2nd 3rd rds to have current guys groom them

Gotcha, so it looks like he "TRIED" to address the line when needed every year but 2010 (when they didn't have a 1st or 2nd and blew his load on Pep)...But ya he should have got a 2nd or a 3rd in 09 as well as you can't really rely on Orlando Pace making a difference.

Gotcha, so it looks like he "TRIED" to address the line when needed every year but 2010 (when they didn't have a 1st or 2nd and blew his load on Pep)...But ya he should have got a 2nd or a 3rd in 09 as well as you can't really rely on Orlando Pace making a difference.

The GM needs to be able to see long term. But he waited to address it when it was to late. By 07 we had 4 guys either 30 or older. Gotta be able to see that. 1 thing a professional athlete can't defeat is father time

The GM needs to be able to see long term. But he waited to address it when it was to late. By 07 we had 4 guys either 30 or older. Gotta be able to see that. 1 thing a professional athlete can't defeat is father time

Ya I understand what your saying but as I look into it it looks like he kinda did...Lets go deeper though. (because I have nothing better to do and I'm somewhat intrigued by the downfall of the line)

The O7 (the last time you said they were good) line was...

LT-Tait who was 32

LG-Brown was 35

C-Kreutz was 30

RG-Garza was 28

RT-Miller was 34

Brown and Miller were old, but Tait probably had a year or 2 left.

08 turned to

LT-St. Clair 29 (3 year starter in St. Louis and former all american)

LG-Metcalf 28 (Another all american Bears draft pick who didnt work out)

C-Kruetz

RG-Garza

RT-Tait

Taits old age made him due for a switch to the right side...Starting St Clair and Metcalf wasn't a bad thought but it didn't work out. They we're a couple guys who were "waiting in the wings". Chris Williams was drafted to be Taits replacement

09 turned to

LT-Pace 33 (Who gave up 2 sacks in 14 games the year before)

LG-Omiyale (ya that was bad)

C-Kruetz

RG-Garza

RT-Williams

Seemed like a good plan here, Pace was a monster his previous year and you're throwing in your 1st rounder.

10 turned to

LT-Williams

LG-Garza

C-Kruetz

RG-Louis

RT- Omiyale

Louis was rightfully given a job. Williams took over for Pace who failed. Omiyale must have showed someone something to be given the RT spot. The lack of a high pick could be what lead to Omiyale given the job. The rest of the line doesn't look like a bad idea

11 turned to

LT-Webb

LG-Williams

C-Garza

RG-Louis

RT-Carimi

The love for Webb by the coaching staff begins here, not exactly JAs fault since Williams should have been given another shot at LT while Carimi was brought in for the other tackle position.

Really... past Frank Omiyale and J'Marcus Webb...The thought from Angelos position wasn't THAT BAD. It's not a surprise that the Jets are high on Angelo taking their GM position.

Ya I understand what your saying but as I look into it it looks like he kinda did...Lets go deeper though. (because I have nothing better to do and I'm somewhat intrigued by the downfall of the line)

The O7 (the last time you said they were good) line was...

LT-Tait who was 32

LG-Brown was 35

C-Kreutz was 30

RG-Garza was 28

RT-Miller was 34

Brown and Miller were old, but Tait probably had a year or 2 left.

08 turned to

LT-St. Clair 29 (3 year starter in St. Louis and former all american)

LG-Metcalf 28 (Another all american Bears draft pick who didnt work out)

C-Kruetz

RG-Garza

RT-Tait

Taits old age made him due for a switch to the right side...Starting St Clair and Metcalf wasn't a bad thought but it didn't work out. They we're a couple guys who were "waiting in the wings". Chris Williams was drafted to be Taits replacement

09 turned to

LT-Pace 33 (Who gave up 2 sacks in 14 games the year before)

LG-Omiyale (ya that was bad)

C-Kruetz

RG-Garza

RT-Williams

Seemed like a good plan here, Pace was a monster his previous year and you're throwing in your 1st rounder.

10 turned to

LT-Williams

LG-Garza

C-Kruetz

RG-Louis

RT- Omiyale

Louis was rightfully given a job. Williams took over for Pace who failed. Omiyale must have showed someone something to be given the RT spot. The lack of a high pick could be what lead to Omiyale given the job. The rest of the line doesn't look like a bad idea

11 turned to

LT-Webb

LG-Williams

C-Garza

RG-Louis

RT-Carimi

The love for Webb by the coaching staff begins here, not exactly JAs fault since Williams should have been given another shot at LT while Carimi was brought in for the other tackle position.

Really... past Frank Omiyale and J'Marcus Webb...The thought from Angelos position wasn't THAT BAD. It's not a surprise that the Jets are high on Angelo taking their GM position.

Angelo is a horrible GM. Dude misses more often than not in the draft. A GM must be able to draft. U really want to look at that track record lol

Angelo is a horrible GM. Dude misses more often than not in the draft. A GM must be able to draft. U really want to look at that track record lol

Well he's looking like he'll be getting another job in New York so he must be doin something right....I'm not saying he's great or anything but i think the meathead bear fans overreact...on everything.

Well he's looking like he'll be getting another job in New York so he must be doin something right....I'm not saying he's great or anything but i think the meathead bear fans overreact...on everything.

Taking a job with the circus that is the jets lol. What has he actually done that could be a great thing. A gm must be able to draft. He can't do that to save his rear

Taking a job with the circus that is the jets lol. What has he actually done that could be a great thing. A gm must be able to draft. He can't do that to save his rear

He's built this fantastic defense, whether or not that's all on Lovie or not is up for debate. He can't draft an Olineman to save his rear.

they wont be hiring him for that job, somebody had a favor called in just to give him a interview. He has a bad track record for drafting and that means he will never work as a GM again.