Marc Trestman

jason

That is a huge drop but for perspective can u tell me how many games they play. I have no clue

18 games, but another way to look at it is by the team's pass attempts. Sacks went from 1 per every 10 pass attempts down to 1 every 26 pass attempts.

CFL: 3 downs to go 10yds, Dline must line up 1yd off the LOS.

NFL: 4 downs to go 10yds, Dline 11 inches from the Oline. Dline in your face much quicker = get rid of ball quicker but you can take shorter gains since you have 3 downs.

Maybe I'm wrong but I wouldn't go to the CFL tapes to see what Trestman will be doing in the NFL. He clearly adapted to the CFL rules and found success quickly there. That in itself is pretty amazing since his roots were in the NFL game for many years. His NFL experience and play calling is what I'm most interested in and he had a lot of success here even if it was a decade ago. Seems to me he understands the concepts that are needed to be successful under any given set of rules.

CFL: 3 downs to go 10yds, Dline must line up 1yd off the LOS.

NFL: 4 downs to go 10yds, Dline 11 inches from the Oline. Dline in your face much quicker = get rid of ball quicker but you can take shorter gains since you have 3 downs.

Maybe I'm wrong but I wouldn't go to the CFL tapes to see what Trestman will be doing in the NFL. He clearly adapted to the CFL rules and found success quickly there. That in itself is pretty amazing since his roots were in the NFL game for many years. His NFL experience and play calling is what I'm most interested in and he had a lot of success here even if it was a decade ago. Seems to me he understands the concepts that are needed to be successful under any given set of rules.

the big thing is he has to adapt and create in in different set of rules, and he did that successfully.

• 1 year later...