Chip Kelly to Eagles

DABEARSDABOMB

Good for them.

I used to be in the Kelly camp, but really cooled on him after very few teams actually interviewed him....there was just a total lack of interest in him from many NFL teams, which bothered me.

My biggest worry on him would be that he's never been an NFL level coach of any sort, only college.

I do not think Kelly will succeed if he's going to keep his system. His system works great when he has the best athletes on the field. When his athletes are on par with his opponent's defense it doesn't work so well. In the NFL we all know that those things balance out. He never had a really good defense not his expertise of course or emphasis, and for that matter neither did teams in the Pac10/12 thus his offense's numbers tended to be inflated. Running QBs tend not to make it deep into the NFL playoffs-- see: Michael Vick, RGIII, Bobby Douglas.

Had to slip that last one in to see if anyone is awake.

I do not think Kelly will succeed if he's going to keep his system. His system works great when he has the best athletes on the field. When his athletes are on par with his opponent's defense it doesn't work so well. In the NFL we all know that those things balance out. He never had a really good defense not his expertise of course or emphasis, and for that matter neither did teams in the Pac10/12 thus his offense's numbers tended to be inflated. Running QBs tend not to make it deep into the NFL playoffs-- see: Michael Vick, RGIII, Bobby Douglas.

Had to slip that last one in to see if anyone is awake.

Funny lol. I actually think he will tweak his system to make it work

Funny lol. I actually think he will tweak his system to make it work

He runs plays every 12 seconds. A 3-and-out means his defense will get about 1min of rest plus the time it takes to punt. Of course the NFL will come to his rescue often with all the timeouts they force on change of possession so make it 3min. I'm very curious to see how well this works but there are run and gun precedents.