Cavanaugh new QB coach

madlithuanian

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how they tie in Tebow to the story. And you know what? I've said it before and I'll say it again, bring him to Chicago.

I'd love to see him as a backup to Cutler. Give him time to develop, and I think he could make a fine QB in the NFL. Honestly, I don't see him as being too far away from some other guys like Russell Wilson who tore up the league this year. It's all about opportunity and surrounding. He was royally screwed in NY, and should have been starting QB there by week 8.

Bring winning football players to Chicago. Period. If hiring Cavanaugh means Tebow is coming to the Windy City, so be it.

Guest TerraTor
I like how they tie in Tebow to the story. And you know what? I've said it before and I'll say it again, bring him to Chicago.

I'd love to see him as a backup to Cutler. Give him time to develop, and I think he could make a fine QB in the NFL. Honestly, I don't see him as being too far away from some other guys like Russell Wilson who tore up the league this year. It's all about opportunity and surrounding. He was royally screwed in NY, and should have been starting QB there by week 8.

Bring winning football players to Chicago. Period. If hiring Cavanaugh means Tebow is coming to the Windy City, so be it.

I love Tebow, especially compared to the garbage we have at backup QB the past decade

Are we forgetting that dude cant hit an open receiver 5 yds down field. Dude cant throw. Russell wilson can throw big differenc. We all should know that the 1st bad game cutler has fans and media will start screaming for the benching of cutler. Lets be very careful what u ask for. Personally i don't want him unless hes willing to change positions and i don't see that happening

Are we forgetting that dude cant hit an open receiver 5 yds down field. Dude cant throw. Russell wilson can throw big differenc. We all should know that the 1st bad game cutler has fans and media will start screaming for the benching of cutler. Lets be very careful what u ask for. Personally i don't want him unless hes willing to change positions and i don't see that happening

Youre also forgetting the Cutler doesn't give a F**k about the fans or media hahaha.

Like I said in the other thread I'm behind this 100%...ESPN is the one on Tebows nuts and I don't watch ESPN so bring it on.

He has accuracy issues, which can be solved by a QB guru like Trestman. What he doesn't lack, however, is arm strength, speed, leg strength, explosiveness, and heart.

Youre also forgetting the Cutler doesn't give a F**k about the fans or media hahaha.

Like I said in the other thread I'm behind this 100%...ESPN is the one on Tebows nuts and I don't watch ESPN so bring it on.

Having ESPN constantly asking Sanchez about when he was going to be benched for his backup QB did wonders for the confidence and performance of that Jets QB this year.

Having ESPN constantly asking Sanchez about when he was going to be benched for his backup QB did wonders for the confidence and performance of that Jets QB this year.

If Cutler plays well, which I'm convinced he will if they upgrade the line then the media won't constantly ask him about.

Marc Trestman knows Tim Tebow, if Tim Tebow is on this team next year its because Marc wants him here. This wouldn't be Rex Ryan wanting Tim Tebow, this wouldn't be Lovie Smith wanting Tim Tebow, this would be a well respected QB guru wanting Tim Tebow

He has accuracy issues, which can be solved by a QB guru like Trestman. What he doesn't lack, however, is arm strength, speed, leg strength, explosiveness, and heart.

He has supposedly worked out with qb gurus q couple of times now to fix his poor mechanics yet still has same very slow developing throw and to think we are gonna completely fix the OL issues in 1 yr is a bit naive. Sorry if im not a person who thinks tebow can ever become a franchise qb. We already have cutler. Why bring in a qb who wants to be the starter not a back up

IMO bringing in Tebow would be just leading to trouble. I never cared for him in Denver, I thought he was a major distraction and useless in NY and would prefer not to take the chance to bring him to Chicago. However, I have faith in whatever Tressman & Emery decides to do (until they prove to not deserve my trust, LOL).

Wow, no. Tim Tebow is horrible. He's been on 2 teams that haven't wanted him. Last year, only 2 teams wanted him when he was on the block. I don't him and his circus here. All of the meatheads will want him to play after one pick. Forget it. He blows.

Nope, don't waste the $ on him. Get some real football players that mesh with what we are doing.

If Trestman wants to run some pistol and zone read plays would you rather have Jay running them or the big, fast, physical Tim Tebow running them as part of a wild cat package?

Personally i would say go draft someone in college. They have a ton of guys who can run the wildcat without the circus that tebow would bring

IMO bringing in Tebow would be just leading to trouble. I never cared for him in Denver, I thought he was a major distraction and useless in NY and would prefer not to take the chance to bring him to Chicago. However, I have faith in whatever Tressman & Emery decides to do (until they prove to not deserve my trust, LOL).

Right with you on that one Pix!

Wow, no. Tim Tebow is horrible. He's been on 2 teams that haven't wanted him. Last year, only 2 teams wanted him when he was on the block. I don't him and his circus here. All of the meatheads will want him to play after one pick. Forget it. He blows.

I think in Denver it was more Elway not seeing Tebow as the "solution" and instead putting his eggs in the basket known as Manning. And, if I'm not mistaken, it was Josh Daniels' pick...not Fox'. Probably not really Tebow's fault.

And in Jets its purely the circus atmosphere that is Jets football run by Rex Ryan. That place is a mess and still is. They made a mistake in getting rid of their GM only, should've gone a step further. Again though, in regards to Tebow, not his fault.

Gotta agree Jason. I keep hearing the way of the future is this new "Pistol Offense" which I believe I even heard Trestman talk about a little. And if we look at the concept of how SF had the incumbent, this case Alex Smith, who really wasn't all that bad but obviously Kaepernick, who has a different skill set, is getting them to where they are. In the Bears' case, you could have Cutler, who I think some will argue could be limited in his skill set..mostly due to his decision factor, might actually benefit in having a Tebow on the bench. Maybe to motivate him to play better and make better decisions despite what Trestman might be able to do.

This 110%

Peace :dabears

Gotta agree Jason. I keep hearing the way of the future is this new "Pistol Offense" which I believe I even heard Trestman talk about a little. And if we look at the concept of how SF had the incumbent, this case Alex Smith, who really wasn't all that bad but obviously Kaepernick, who has a different skill set, is getting them to where they are. In the Bears' case, you could have Cutler, who I think some will argue could be limited in his skill set..mostly due to his decision factor, might actually benefit in having a Tebow on the bench. Maybe to motivate him to play better and make better decisions despite what Trestman might be able to do.

Again...this was exactly what was said about the Jets this year, and that was a debacle.

I think in Denver it was more Elway not seeing Tebow as the "solution" and instead putting his eggs in the basket known as Manning. And, if I'm not mistaken, it was Josh Daniels' pick...not Fox'. Probably not really Tebow's fault.

And in Jets its purely the circus atmosphere that is Jets football run by Rex Ryan. That place is a mess and still is. They made a mistake in getting rid of their GM only, should've gone a step further. Again though, in regards to Tebow, not his fault.

Bringing in Tim Tebow makes things a bigger circus than anything else Rex Ryan could do.

If Trestman wants to run some pistol and zone read plays would you rather have Jay running them or the big, fast, physical Tim Tebow running them as part of a wild cat package?

After having seen it these last few years...I really dislike changing QB's mid drive. It disrupts everything. It alerts the defense that they should expect something odd. It takes the entire offense out of rhythm and requires them to have practiced an entirely different set of plays.

Even, IMO, Kapernick wasn't all that effective...when he was just subbing in for Smith. When he'd come out, the defense would know "Something's up!". When he was taking over 100% of the time, that's when you have to fear both the pass and the run.

I'm shocked THIS many people here want Tebow. He's terrible. Brutal. He provides nothing for a team. The Jets had McElroy and Sanchez this year and Tebow threw 8 passes. Why would he need to come here and play more? You don't need to push Cutler. He's a UFA after the year with a 2nd year GM and a 1st year coach. He knows this is his last chance in Chicago.