Pick your DC...

Mongo3451

Horton was hired by the Browns.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/...ve-coordinator/

Word is that Mel Tucker will be our DC....

Ryan's interviewing with the Rams.

Not sure who I want...all seem to have a plus and minus. I trust Marc & Phil to make the right call...

Hoke, Horton, Ryan or Singletary...

Guest TerraTor
Considering the personel we have i agree mel is best fit

He runs a 3-4 as well, I still wish we would switch... would make Shae relevant (well maybe, he may just be terrible) and Urlacher could stay in an ILB spot... alongside SHayne Skov

He runs a 3-4 as well, I still wish we would switch... would make Shae relevant (well maybe, he may just be terrible) and Urlacher could stay in an ILB spot... alongside SHayne Skov

Someone with 4-3 and 3-4 experience sure would be a good candidate to switch if the team decided to go that route.

Someone with 4-3 and 3-4 experience sure would be a good candidate to switch if the team decided to go that route.

I have loved it when I saw a team switch from a 4-3 look to a 3-4 look during the game, I cannot remember which team I saw do this, but it was very successful and really threw the opposing offense off trying to adjust. So even if we stayed primarily a 4-3 (which I think we will for now) I would like to see, in certain situations (must pass, long 3rd down play) a switch to the 3-4.

I have loved it when I saw a team switch from a 4-3 look to a 3-4 look during the game, I cannot remember which team I saw do this, but it was very successful and really threw the opposing offense off trying to adjust. So even if we stayed primarily a 4-3 (which I think we will for now) I would like to see, in certain situations (must pass, long 3rd down play) a switch to the 3-4.

Exactly. With a DC that has experience with both, we are not tied to one or the other, and can at least give looks with Peppers and McClellin on the outside. This also is in line with the HC's philosophy of being able to adapt the schemes to the players, not the other way around. It will be very interesting.

I am just glad we got all the coaches in before the deadline, now we get almost an entire offseason (for non-playoff teams) to get ready for next season.

Exactly. With a DC that has experience with both, we are not tied to one or the other, and can at least give looks with Peppers and McClellin on the outside. This also is in line with the HC's philosophy of being able to adapt the schemes to the players, not the other way around. It will be very interesting.

I am just glad we got all the coaches in before the deadline, now we get almost an entire offseason (for non-playoff teams) to get ready for next season.

I agree. I remember how long Angelo drug out the Lovie hire and then how stingy the organization was on hiring Terry Shea as the OC.