NFL.com 1RD Mocks

Guest TerraTor

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts

I think since he had such a shitty game in his biggest game of year, Teo must have a monster Combine (25reps, sub 4.60) or he is a 2nd Rounder

and Ertz, way way too High. At least for us

I like Ertz but I agree, 20th overall just can't do it. I would look at him mid 2nd

I'll admit I've only seen him play in 1 game but Te'o doesn't excite me. He looked awful in that 1 game. Looking at his game logs he had 3 games where he had 5+ solo tackles last year...Alec Ogletree had 6 and he missed 4 games. Color me unimpressed.

In the 1st and 3rd mock I'd rather have Ogletree...2nd and 4th I'd trade down to pick up a 3rd and grab Barrett Jones.

I'll admit I've only seen him play in 1 game but Te'o doesn't excite me. He looked awful in that 1 game. Looking at his game logs he had 3 games where he had 5+ solo tackles last year...Alec Ogletree had 6 and he missed 4 games. Color me unimpressed.

In the 1st and 3rd mock I'd rather have Ogletree...2nd and 4th I'd trade down to pick up a 3rd and grab Barrett Jones.

I'm willing to bet that jones goes 1st rd. Ogletree goes back half of rd 1 and te'o goes top 20

What do you guys think about Eifert? Im far from a ND fan but that guy looked like a monster when I saw him play.

If 54 and 69 are brought back and they get a LT in FA I'd be all for a TE in the first. Like you I'm far from an ND fan but the game tape I've watched tells me he's a beast...

Use Rodriguez as an H-Back, Eifert as the TE, and use Brody Eldridge or Kyle Adams as your blocking TE.

BTW- I had no idea we had Eldridge. If we want a TE strictly for his blocking prowess Brody Eldridge sounds like just the guy.

Eldridge may have been considered a tight end most of his career in Oklahoma, but his value as a blocker and potential for growth may allow him to play on the offensive line at the next level. Even teammate Trent Williams, a likely first-round pick, called Eldridge the best blocker on the Sooners before last season began.

During his four years, Eldridge made 13 catches for 98 yards and a touchdown as an H-back and in-line tight end. But as a senior, he started at center against BYU in the season-opener, moved back to tight end for four games and then lined up at left guard for the next four games due to an injury to starter Brian Simmons.

Although he missed the last four games of the season with an AC sprain suffered while making a tackle after an interception, the versatility he showed increased his value with NFL teams. A reserve tight end able to make a few catches, start in two-tight end sets, or even move to center or guard with a year of NFL strength and conditioning, is a player worth a long look in the mid-to-late rounds.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/563866

He's listed as a TE on the Bears roster....All the more reason to give Spaeth the boot.

Guest TerraTor
If 54 and 69 are brought back and they get a LT in FA I'd be all for a TE in the first. Like you I'm far from an ND fan but the game tape I've watched tells me he's a beast...

Use Rodriguez as an H-Back, Eifert as the TE, and use Brody Eldridge or Kyle Adams as your blocking TE.

BTW- I had no idea we had Eldridge. If we want a TE strictly for his blocking prowess Brody Eldridge sounds like just the guy.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/563866

He's listed as a TE on the Bears roster....All the more reason to give Spaeth the boot.

Spaeth and David seriously need to be dropped. Davis cant catch and Spaeth whiffed on a block that got Matty hurt....

I do not want Te'o, against the closest NFL opponent (Bama) he couldn't tackle anyone. I guess that game was a hoax too :)

At 20, we really need to take OL first, and if too many come off the board before 20, then go MLB with someone like Ogletree. I can't see us drafting anything other than OL or LB at 20. TE is a need, but I just can't see taking one at 20 unless Urlacher comes back, but even then, it would be a hard sell.

If we traded down into the late 20's or even early 2nd round, then I wouldn't mind it as much because of the extra pick acquired. We just can't go TE early without having a 3rd Rounder.

What do you guys think about Eifert? Im far from a ND fan but that guy looked like a monster when I saw him play.

Ive seen almost every game. He is a beast. He doesn't run particularly well but he excels at high pointing jump balls. He really has improved in his blocking ability. He's not great at really anything but hes very solid at almost everything. Im a huge fan of his but i do have 1 question on him. I need to see his ability to separate from defenders

Ive seen almost every game. He is a beast. He doesn't run particularly well but he excels at high pointing jump balls. He really has improved in his blocking ability. He's not great at really anything but hes very solid at almost everything. Im a huge fan of his but i do have 1 question on him. I need to see his ability to separate from defenders

If he didn't separate from defenders in the NCAA, I don't know how he would do that in the NFL where everyone is bigger and faster.

I do not want Te'o, against the closest NFL opponent (Bama) he couldn't tackle anyone. I guess that game was a hoax too :)

At 20, we really need to take OL first, and if too many come off the board before 20, then go MLB with someone like Ogletree. I can't see us drafting anything other than OL or LB at 20. TE is a need, but I just can't see taking one at 20 unless Urlacher comes back, but even then, it would be a hard sell.

If we traded down into the late 20's or even early 2nd round, then I wouldn't mind it as much because of the extra pick acquired. We just can't go TE early without having a 3rd Rounder.

The draft is pretty deep in OL prospects, so if Brian is back and they get a LT in FA I think a stud TE would be the way to go. Trade back to the end of the first and chances are Eifert or Ertz will be there.

If they don't get a LT in FA then you gotta go OT in the first. If they don't bring back 54 I'd like to see an LB in the first. If they're both back/filled then they need a OG which probably can be found in the 2nd.

I don't know if you guys saw my mock, but I had them trading down with Cincinnati to get a 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and a pick next year. That's something, IMO, that Emery really has to look at. In that scenario, I'd look at Ertz in the 2nd round, yes, but not at 20th overall.

If we can pick up a 3rd round pick, while still getting an OL in the first or early 2nd, I would not mind Ertz at our pick in the 2nd. I would rather have Ertz (a better Fleener) than Eifert (a lesser Fleener).