Championship Week Open Thread

adam

I prefer a NE/SF Superbowl for the excitement factor but a Harbaugh bowl would be pretty funny.

Ray Lewis making it back in his final game would be pretty cool too.

Just glad to see Atlanta out of it, I thought they were over-rated all year.

It's always enjoyable watching Tom Brady sulk on the sidelines. I'm quite sure the media will be all over him for that when there were still almost 3min left in the game. Anyway, this game was where finesse met brute force and lost.

its better than Cutler sulking on the sideline. I dont get why you like to see the G.O.A.T Greatest Of All Time upset ont he sideline. Continue to enjoy the Bears out of the playoffs

its better than Cutler sulking on the sideline. I dont get why you like to see the G.O.A.T Greatest Of All Time upset ont he sideline. Continue to enjoy the Bears out of the playoffs

He's the best ever? Explain his last few championshipless playoff runs. Montana > Brady

Why are you apart of a Bears message board, anyway?

No it's not better than Cutler sulking on the sideline it's the same thing but your pretty boy will get treated with kid gloves for his tears. His goatiness needs to be fined for trying to blow out the knee of that Raven's defender. That guy should have been right in his face after that cheap shot. By the way, is the goat's girlfriend making excuses for his sulking this year or is the goat stepping up and taking the blame for throwing so many passes into the dirt or his game ending INT?

Why is it better? He is supposed to be the model of excellence and "above that", yet when the GOAT does it, its ok, because he is Tom Brady. When Cutler does something like that, he is chastised by the media. This loss was solely on Tom Brady. Yep the Bears are out with the Pats and every other team that lost in the playoffs. The only difference is the Bears get a better draft pick.

and if you think Brady is GOAT, how could a shitty QB come in on the same team and put up a 11-5 record, that Brady couldn't even do when he returned the next season (10-6). If he was that important to the Belicheck machine, then they would've dropped off like the Colts did without Manning. Brady has lucked into the best timing ever seen by a QB. He is a great QB, but not the best of all time. He has taken advantage of being part of a great system that can plug and play with almost any player.

I get it. The only sad day involves a Bear sulking becasue that means we lost. Anyone else...I could care less be it hall of famer or bench warmer.

I dont get why you like to see the G.O.A.T Greatest Of All Time upset ont he sideline. Continue to enjoy the Bears out of the playoffs

Why are you apart of a Bears message board, anyway?

Well, because I am a Bears fan. I was part of the "other" Bears message board back in 1993 with The Webmaster and another fine gentleman, Pixote. That site went down and we all moved from that board to this one in 2007. I have just as much right as anyone else. I praise the Bears when they deserve praise and i call them out when I dont like what they are doing. That is what a message board is for. I am a fan of Brady...sorry we disagreed :notworthy

Well, because I am a Bears fan. I was part of the "other" Bears message board back in 1993 with The Webmaster and another fine gentleman, Pixote. That site went down and we all moved from that board to this one in 2007. I have just as much right as anyone else. I praise the Bears when they deserve praise and i call them out when I dont like what they are doing. That is what a message board is for. I am a fan of Brady...sorry we disagreed :notworthy

Come on boston now ur starting to show ur age. I feel old being here since pixote showed me the way back in 05

Bears fan's might not like this, but Aaron Rodgers is well on his way to blowing away everybody with the numbers he's putting up. He already holds the highest career QB rating. If he can maintain this level of play for most of his career, he will be in a class of his own. Montana is the greatest postseason QB of all time. Brady and Manning have been more prolific, in terms of their all around success, statistically speaking.

Brady- Career 96.6 RTG, 63.7 %, 2.1 INT %

Manning- Career 95.7 RTG, 65.2%, 2.7 INT %

Montana- Career 92.3 RTG, 63.2%, 2.6 INT%

Bears fan's might not like this, but Aaron Rodgers is well on his way to blowing away everybody with the numbers he's putting up. He already holds the highest career QB rating. If he can maintain this level of play for most of his career, he will be in a class of his own. Montana is the greatest postseason QB of all time. Brady and Manning have been more prolific, in terms of their all around success, statistically speaking.

Brady- Career 96.6 RTG, 63.7 %, 2.1 INT %

Manning- Career 95.7 RTG, 65.2%, 2.7 INT %

Montana- Career 92.3 RTG, 63.2%, 2.6 INT%

There's no doubt. Aaron Rodgers has every tool to be successful. It was such a novel idea of the Packers' organization to surround him with an inordinate amount of weapons- Cobb, Jones, Driver, Jennings, Nelson, Finley- plus a fantastic coaching staff. They lost their OC last year to Miami, and yet, their offense was still pretty solid this year. Rodgers is a very good QB, but that organization up there did everything to provide him with the guys necessary to succeed, and ultimately, win a championship. Those guys up there know exactly how to run a franchise, from promotions to their players. Rodgers will retire with at least 2 Super Bowls, thanks to the front office in Green Bay.

Actually, there's one tool Rodgers doesn't have.

He has a terrible O-Line, and that's been the case almost every year of his career.

He just deals with it and still finds a way to win despite it.

I'm sorry, but after watching each game of the playoffs, and several of the other games from the last few weekends, GB most certainly does not have a terrible OL. And if their OL is considered terrible, then the Bears' OL is absolutely criminal. More often than not, Rodgers has plenty of time to throw the ball. And several times a game he is sitting in the pocket unmolested for several seconds. The former happens much more frequently than it does for the Bears, and the latter virtually never happens.

I agree that Rodgers has something Cutler doesn't, whatever it is, but I am sick of seeing this false comparison to Green Bay as if their OL is as bad as Chicago's OL. No way.

Actually, there's one tool Rodgers doesn't have.

He has a terrible O-Line, and that's been the case almost every year of his career.

He just deals with it and still finds a way to win despite it.

Rodgers' OL isn't terrible. He just likes to stand back and take his time. Occasionally that results in sacks. He rarely ever only has 1-2 seconds to throw the ball.

I'm sorry, but after watching each game of the playoffs, and several of the other games from the last few weekends, GB most certainly does not have a terrible OL. And if their OL is considered terrible, then the Bears' OL is absolutely criminal. More often than not, Rodgers has plenty of time to throw the ball. And several times a game he is sitting in the pocket unmolested for several seconds. The former happens much more frequently than it does for the Bears, and the latter virtually never happens.

I agree that Rodgers has something Cutler doesn't, whatever it is, but I am sick of seeing this false comparison to Green Bay as if their OL is as bad as Chicago's OL. No way.

No one is saying that there OL is as bad as our but there OL is bad. I have a ton of friends and family that are GB fans including family that live n GB and they all say they do have a bad line. Look at sack #s, qb pressures and qb hits. Dude is just so good he has been able to over come it. So yes there line is bad just not as bad as ours