Funny TE comparison

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

Its easy to beat a dead horse, but after watching the Division Championship games, I wanted to draw this comparison

Halfway thru the NFC CHampionship game, this popped into my head: The value of a recieving TE today

Compiled through 8 quarters of Football yesterday, the TEs produced:

Vernon Davis: 6-106-1TD

Tony Gonzales: 8-78-1TD

Aaron Hernandez: 9-83

Dennis Pitta: 7-55-1TD

------------------------------------

30 Receptions - 322 Yards - 3TDs

2012----

Kellen Davis: 19-229-2TDs

Matt Spaeth: 6-28-1TD

25 Receptions - 257 Yards - 3TDs and neither one of them can block worth shit.... If this isnt a need, I dont know what is.... 4th or 5th RD anyway. Unless we get Jared Cook

Its easy to beat a dead horse, but after watching the Division Championship games, I wanted to draw this comparison

Halfway thru the NFC CHampionship game, this popped into my head: The value of a recieving TE today

Compiled through 8 quarters of Football yesterday, the TEs produced:

Vernon Davis: 6-106-1TD

Tony Gonzales: 8-78-1TD

Aaron Hernandez: 9-83

Dennis Pitta: 7-55-1TD

------------------------------------

30 Receptions - 322 Yards - 3TDs

2012----

Kellen Davis: 19-229-2TDs

Matt Spaeth: 6-28-1TD

25 Receptions - 257 Yards - 3TDs and neither one of them can block worth shit.... If this isnt a need, I dont know what is.... 4th or 5th RD anyway. Unless we get Jared Cook

Wow that is extremely sad. Spaeth is considered a good blocking TE but he did regreas alot this past yr. And i agree on coo. Can probably get him cheap also

Terra,

Of all the team comparisons, the TE position may be the best for all 4 of those teams. SF and BAL were better defensively, NE and ATL aired it out. The constant among all those teams was their top flight TE's.

Here was the Divisional Week TE's. If you think about it, the teams that were eliminated had Dreesen, Tamme, Miller, Finley, and Daniels - not a bad group either.

DEN - Dreesen/Tamme 9-90

BAL - Pitta/Dickson 8-84

SEA - Miller 8-142-1

ATL - Gonzalez/Coffman 7-67

SF - Davis 1-44

GB - Finley 4-35

HOU - Daniels 9-81

NE - Hernandez 6-85

Guest TerraTor

I wasnt trying to post a debate. It was a plain and simple fact-based comparison... Here are the Top4 Teams in the Champ Games.and here is what they got from their Tight Ends..

Thanks for the stats tho

Guest TerraTor
Wow that is extremely sad. Spaeth is considered a good blocking TE but he did regreas alot this past yr. And i agree on coo. Can probably get him cheap also

He can be considered whatever. But only block i recall from him is whiffing and getting Matty hurt... Who pays the price for his ineptitude? Matty gets called injury prone

On a more positive note, lucky bastard gets to do this....

I wasnt trying to post a debate. It was a plain and simple fact-based comparison... Here are the Top4 Teams in the Champ Games.and here is what they got from their Tight Ends..

Thanks for the stats tho

not debate, supporting your argument. All 4 teams with some very good TE's, and even the Divisional games has some as well. Seems to be the biggest trend.

Guest TerraTor
not debate, supporting your argument. All 4 teams with some very good TE's, and even the Divisional games has some as well. Seems to be the biggest trend.

Oh Im sorry. I got it. Shit is just really sad. alot of teams have bad OLines, that isnt forgiveable, but understandable.

But to have the TEs we have is beyond inept...

Kellen Davis may be an amatuer BodyBuilder, but he sure as shit isnt a Football Player

Ya there's no question a replacement is needed...Whether that's Evan Rodriguez or not is up to the FO. I think he deserves a chance, but if they wanna use him as an H-back and grab another TE I'm game with that too. As far as replacing Spaeth, give me some Brody Eldridge, I've never seen him play and there's no youtube videos on him but I'm loving what I read in the scouting reports.

Since we're talking about interesting similarities and dissimilarities between the best TEs in the league and the Bears' TEs, I also find this interesting...

Vernon Davis - 6'3", 250

Tony Gonzalez - 6'5", 247

Aaron Hernandez - 6'1", 245

Dennis Pitta - 6'4", 240

Evan Rodriguez - 6'2", 239

Close enough for me. Focus elsewhere in the draft. He needs to be the starting TE going into training camp next year. As for the other TE spot (since Davis and Spaeth both suck), find a 7th round or UDFA beast who either played college basketball or bounced between TE/OL and put him in there (depending on offensive philosophy). No reason to use a draft pick where one is not needed.

Since we're talking about interesting similarities and dissimilarities between the best TEs in the league and the Bears' TEs, I also find this interesting...

Vernon Davis - 6'3", 250

Dennis Pitta - 6'4", 240

Close enough for me. Focus elsewhere in the draft. He needs to be the starting TE going into training camp next year. As for the other TE spot (since Davis and Spaeth both suck), find a 7th round or UDFA beast who either played college basketball or bounced between TE/OL and put him in there (depending on offensive philosophy). No reason to use a draft pick where one is not needed.

There are plenty of FAX tes, we can get one fairly reasonable. A rookie will have some growing pains. Who among the best in the league walked in and was a stud on the first day.

Vernon Davis - 6'3", 250

Dennis Pitta - 6'4", 240

There are plenty of people similar sizes that suck. It has nothing to do with anything. Actual skills related to the heights are what is important, speed, hands, agility, etc.

Vernon Davis - 6'3", 250

Dennis Pitta - 6'4", 240

Soooo Brody Eldridge, who played Guard, Center and TE at OK.

Here's a video of Bob Stoops talking about Brody(No game tape can be found)...

http://newsok.com/multimedia/video/45603572001

You lost me. The only person who can defend Davis is someone in his family.

Once again, I'm not saying he's any good, I'm saying his numbers would have gone up a little bit had he not been needed to help out the piss poor line. I'm not saying those numbers would be good or worthy of staying around I'm just saying they wouldn't be as pitiful.

PFF ratings of TE drop rate would have had Davis at #1 but...

For those wondering where Kellen Davis is, it’s only the lack of catchable balls thrown his way that see him avoid the list. His 29.63 drop rate was bad enough that it would be something of a surprise to see him back in Chicago next year. You can’t drop eight balls and catch 19 and make it in this league.

There are plenty of people similar sizes that suck. It has nothing to do with anything. Actual skills related to the heights are what is important, speed, hands, agility, etc.

And until that skill is at least tapped as a resource, nobody ever knows if the skill is there. It's like being a world class marathoner and always deciding to ride your bike. You just never know until the skill is exploited. If it turns out he's not talented at all - his collegiate highlights and his personal attributes suggest otherwise - then end the experiment. But the point of my post was that he's got virtually the same size as the other guys, and should be playing the same position, but the Bears have not exploited his talents yet.

Soooo Brody Eldridge, who played Guard, Center and TE at OK.

Here's a video of Bob Stoops talking about Brody(No game tape can be found)...

http://newsok.com/multimedia/video/45603572001

Fine with me. The 2nd TE on the Bears roster is about the furthest thing from a necessity right now. Virtually every position on offense is needed more than a 2nd TE.