This just in: Kellen Davis is bad

adam

From PFF: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/...ight-ends-yprr/

Kellen Davis was the 2nd to last in YPRR out of 52 qualifying TE's. Olsen was 5th best, sigh.

Davis needs to be cut, and TE needs to be a priority along with OL in FA and the draft. Not that you didn't know this, just more confirmation of how bad Davis was/is.

In Kellen's defense, if he had been targeted (44 times) as much as Olson (96 times), his YPRR could have been more like 1.37 compared to Olson's 1.82, which still isn't impressive, but it's at least not so pathetic (0.63).

But that's sort of one side of a chicken or the egg argument. Maybe Kellen was targeted so few times because he's not very good and/or can't get open.

It seems to me that a 'Yards Per Route Targeted' stat would also be helpful.

I said this last year about Frank Omiyale and somehow he found a spot on the Seahawks, but I'd be surprised if any team will be interested in Kellen Davis once he's cut by the Bears. His blocking is average, his hands are made of stone, he's mentally weak, and he's slow.

Your right on all accounts, probably not many on site trying to stand up for him.

I said this last year about Frank Omiyale and somehow he found a spot on the Seahawks, but I'd be surprised if any team will be interested in Kellen Davis once he's cut by the Bears. His blocking is average, his hands are made of stone, he's mentally weak, and he's slow.

I would be willing to bet at least 2 teams will be interested in him. Not saying things will work out great for him but hes got talent so teams will look at that

He's tall lol. He has gotten a little better at pass protection. Don't get me wrong hes still bad and i want him gone but i cant say hes out of the league now

44th in Receptions and 42nd in Yards for all TE's, and he was the starter. The 2nd TE on about 10 teams out-produced him as the starter.

You are right, someone will pick him up, but probably for the league minimum and to ride the pine. I don't think he will ever start again.

44th in Receptions and 42nd in Yards for all TE's, and he was the starter. The 2nd TE on about 10 teams out-produced him as the starter.

You are right, someone will pick him up, but probably for the league minimum and to ride the pine. I don't think he will ever start again.

I don't know if he will ever start but i do think some team might give a shot(although i disagree with it) they might blame our organization saying oline was horrible thus affecting him plus during 2 of his yrs when he could have been growing as a TE we had a OC who refused to even use the position