Take your pick

Guest TerraTor

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post...preview-ot#more

Does the new Offensive Coor./OL bring Bushrod in?

Beatty or Albert.. I have a feeling KC will let him go and keep Bowe franchised again, but who knows.

I think our ties,to Bushrod with the OC along with NO being in cap hell, is our best shot. Then we draft LG, and resign Louis And Scott. Webb and Carmi become backups.

Interesting list of options. I read somewhere, I believe in an article on NFL.com, that players hitting FA will likely be disappointed as it is predicted that teams will not be prepared to spend big bucks on FAs this year due to the fact that the Salary cap is not expected to increase much if any from last year and a lot of teams are with cap issues. If this is the case hopefully the Bears can get some players, like OL help and a decent TE, in FA without having to mortgage the future of the team.

PFF OT Rankings:

Ryan Clady LT 5 DEN UFA +26.9

Andre Smith RT 4 CIN UFA +26.9

Gosder Cherilus RT 5 DET UFA +23.5

Will Beatty LT 4 NYG UFA +22.4

Sebastian Vollmer RT 4 NE UFA +21.5

Phil Loadholt RT 4 MIN UFA +15.9

Branden Albert LT 5 KC UFA +13.8

Sam Baker LT 5 ATL UFA +11.6

King Dunlap LT 5 PHI UFA +7.1

Ryan Harris RT 5 HOU UFA +4.3

Bushrod was ranked 14th, and if Emery is using any of these metrics, he is not going to pay for Bushrod. The LT top tier seems to be Clady, Beatty, Albert, and Baker.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post...preview-ot#more

Does the new Offensive Coor./OL bring Bushrod in?

Beatty or Albert.. I have a feeling KC will let him go and keep Bowe franchised again, but who knows.

I can't see kc putting tag on bowe again. The tag for him would be way to much. Just my opinion

Interesting list of options. I read somewhere, I believe in an article on NFL.com, that players hitting FA will likely be disappointed as it is predicted that teams will not be prepared to spend big bucks on FAs this year due to the fact that the Salary cap is not expected to increase much if any from last year and a lot of teams are with cap issues. If this is the case hopefully the Bears can get some players, like OL help and a decent TE, in FA without having to mortgage the future of the team.

Is this the yr where teams must spend 90% of the cap though. That would force teams like cincy to go nuts

I can't see kc putting tag on bowe again. The tag for him would be way to much. Just my opinion

I don't think they will lose Bowe though. With Reid there now, he is not going to let Bowe just walk. They will try to re-sign him, and if they have to, franchise him. Name one of their other regular WR's.

I don't think they will lose Bowe though. With Reid there now, he is not going to let Bowe just walk. They will try to re-sign him, and if they have to, franchise him. Name one of their other regular WR's.

Jon Baldwin and tony moeki lol. I understand the thinking but paying $11.5M for a guy who really didn't do much last yr although that's because the great qb play lol. I think they will resign him and use tag elsewhere

I think they sign Bushrod but I'd much rather have Albert, Vollmer, Beatty, or Long.

Jon Baldwin and tony moeki lol. I understand the thinking but paying $11.5M for a guy who really didn't do much last yr although that's because the great qb play lol. I think they will resign him and use tag elsewhere

Moeaki is a TE.

PFF OT Rankings:

Ryan Clady LT 5 DEN UFA +26.9

Andre Smith RT 4 CIN UFA +26.9

Gosder Cherilus RT 5 DET UFA +23.5

Will Beatty LT 4 NYG UFA +22.4

Sebastian Vollmer RT 4 NE UFA +21.5

Phil Loadholt RT 4 MIN UFA +15.9

Branden Albert LT 5 KC UFA +13.8

Sam Baker LT 5 ATL UFA +11.6

King Dunlap LT 5 PHI UFA +7.1

Ryan Harris RT 5 HOU UFA +4.3

Bushrod was ranked 14th, and if Emery is using any of these metrics, he is not going to pay for Bushrod. The LT top tier seems to be Clady, Beatty, Albert, and Baker.

Bushrod had a bad start to the year because of injury, which is why his ranking was so low. He finished strong enough to replace Staley in the Pro Bowl. Gotta take that into account.

My pick is J'Marcus Webb lol naw I kid, I kid....I like the Bushrod idea just because he's already had success in the scheme and he should be the cheapest of the good options.

Bushrod had a bad start to the year because of injury, which is why his ranking was so low. He finished strong enough to replace Staley in the Pro Bowl. Gotta take that into account.

My pick is J'Marcus Webb lol naw I kid, I kid....I like the Bushrod idea just because he's already had success in the scheme and he should be the cheapest of the good options.

U said he has experience in the scheme. Wouldn't that all depend on exactly what trestman wants to run

The Jon Baldwin of 20 receptions and 325 yards? That would be their #1 if they let Bowe walk. I just believe they will do everything in their power to keep if. If they can't work out a long term deal, the franchise tag is a distinct possibility. I would say he is more valuable to them than Albert is at this point.

True but you have to take the entire body of work, and if he is going to want Pro Bowl type money, then we will probably not acquire him. I do like the Kromer connection though, and if that helps reduce the price, then I wouldn't be against it.

The Jon Baldwin of 20 receptions and 325 yards? That would be their #1 if they let Bowe walk. I just believe they will do everything in their power to keep if. If they can't work out a long term deal, the franchise tag is a distinct possibility. I would say he is more valuable to them than Albert is at this point.

U asked for me to name the guy behind bowe. So i did and laughing while i was typing it in case u missed the LOL i typed. I know the roster is a complete joke but im more willing to bet a long term deal gets worked out. Can't imagine KC wanting to pay $11.5 M for a 59 rec guy

What caused this?

Just the way the new CBA that was reached was structured. I read that if there was an increase this year it would be minimal.

NFL.Com Article Quoted

3) Free agency won't offer much excitement this offseason.

Last year during free agency, there was madness. It started with Mario Williams, when the Bills welcomed him to Buffalo and wouldn't let him leave without signing a contract. And the wackiness continued. But listen to several top executives around the league and you quickly get the impression this year will be, well, boring. Why? Because teams don't have money.

The cap is mostly staying flat. Sure, there will be some excitement surrounding where Michael Vick will end up, and maybe where Flynn could be traded. But anything else? Wes Welker might be franchised again. Greg Jennings will almost certainly leave the Green Bay Packers, but will his deal be a blockbuster? Not likely. Plus, the way the finances shake out, there might not be endless money for middle-aged, mid-level free agents looking to command, say, $1.5 million dollars to play middle linebacker. More and more veterans might end up having to settle for minimum deals. As one general manager put it, he'll wait until Day 4, when the veterans start calling teams instead of the other way around. But it appears there will be more than a few disappointed vets this year.

Just the way the new CBA that was reached was structured. I read that if there was an increase this year it would be minimal.

NFL.Com Article Quoted

If I'm not mistaken i think 2014 is when we will actually see a good sized increase to the ca. I think that's when alot of the major tv deals and such for the NFL take shape

Another note on Bushrod...According to STATS LLC he only gave up 4.5 sacks last year and had just one holding penalty. He must not be great in run blocking to have such a low rate on PFF. I'd rather have the pass blocking anyway.

I think his injuries affected his play a lot, so hard to read his stats for this year. Last year when he was healthy probably gives you a better evaluation.