Post-Senior Bowl Mock (1/28/12)

Ed Hochuli 3:16

*based off of Chicago signing nobody in FA*

1. Lane Johnson, T, Oklahoma

--I'm not a huge fan, but Johnson will be the best OT prospect left. He probably needs 2-3 years development to be an NFL LT.

2. Kyle Long, G, Oregon

--Great bloodlines and a nasty player. One day, he might be an OT. Perfect.

4. Kevin Reddick, MLB, North Carolina

--Reddick had a good career. His last year started slow but ended fast. He ended the year with 74 tackles, 6 TFL, 2 sacks, 5 PBU, and 1 INT.

5. Jasper Collins, WR, Mount Union

--Small, lighting quick WR out of a school that shockingly produces good WR's.

6. Brian Schwenke, C, California

--Center depth. Garza's contract is up after 2013, IIRC.

--I'm not a huge fan, but Johnson will be the best OT prospect left. He probably needs 2-3 years development to be an NFL LT.

2. Kyle Long, G, Oregon

--Reddick had a good career. His last year started slow but ended fast. He ended the year with 74 tackles, 6 TFL, 2 sacks, 5 PBU, and 1 INT.

I dont think Reddick will be there in the 4th, although I like him. Also why do you think Johnson will take time to develope? He is the same size as the top 2 LTs in draft. They all need to get stronger, but he has the chacteristics to play LT in the league, I think he can start day one and will get better every year.

I dont think Reddick will be there in the 4th, although I like him. Also why do you think Johnson will take time to develope? He is the same size as the top 2 LTs in draft. They all need to get stronger, but he has the chacteristics to play LT in the league, I think he can start day one and will get better every year.

Johnson was a QB a few years ago. Fisher and Joeckel weren't. I have nothing against Johnson, but I don't think he'll be as good as Joeckel or Fisher by 2018.

2. Kyle Long, G, Oregon

I would be happy with Johnson and Long anchoring our line for the next decade. Instead of going WR in the 5th, I would look to go TE instead, especially if we didn't sign one in FA. TE seems to be more of a need than WR3 or WR4.

I would love that draft, three olinemen that would solidify our line. Add Webb, Carimi, Brown, and Louis and we have a great young core. Reddick would be a solid LB and ill take your word on the wr. That would put us in excellent shape next draft having all 7 picks to retool the defense and find some solid offensive depth.

Guest TerraTor

2. Kyle Long, G, Oregon

Not that i disagree, but this proves my point. How in the hell can ya draft a guy at 20 who is thought to need 2 seasons to play his position (which happens to the most important OL position and our most pressing need). Taking Long in the 2nd, hell ya.

Reddick would b great in the 4th, however hes not a MLB, especially for our defense ( tho we should abandone it). I still think we need a MLB who can start.

Guest TerraTor
I would love that draft, three olinemen that would solidify our line. Add Webb, Carimi, Brown, and Louis and we have a great young core. Reddick would be a solid LB and ill take your word on the wr. That would put us in excellent shape next draft having all 7 picks to retool the defense and find some solid offensive depth.

Add Webb? Add him to the Unemployment Office. Guy has no talent and lacks any tenacity.

2. Kyle Long, G, Oregon

My favorite pick from this draft is probably Schwenke. He showed some skill in Mobile this past week. I don't think he'll be there in the 6th, but if he is, I could see him as the Bears center for years to come.

My favorite pick from this draft is probably Schwenke. He showed some skill in Mobile this past week. I don't think he'll be there in the 6th, but if he is, I could see him as the Bears center for years to come.

I agree with you after the Senior bowl he is moving up draft boards maybe the 4th now.