Game Plan(Febuary 1st edition)

Stinger226

As my mind goes and I study more I have a new game plan for today anyway.

We resign Scott, Louis, Melton, Roach.

We pick up in FAgency Wheeler MLB.Bushrod LT, Donnie Avery WR

In the draft I found a trade partner Cinn. They have two second round picks and have needs of a #2 WR and a MLB. So we trade our #20 for for #37 and #84 in the third round. Also a #6 as they have two in that round.

#2 (37) Zack Ertz-TE-Stanford Need a definite upgrade at TE

#2 (50) Larry Warford-OG-Kent A LG that will start from day one

#3 (84) Kevin Reddick-MLB-NC A productive LB with speed

#4 Brian Schwenke-OC-Cal Could take Garza spot as much as next year

#5 Zac Dyset-QB-Miami A needed QB prospect

#6 A.J. Francis-DT-Mary Depth on DL

#6 Zack Line-FB-SMU With a West Coast type offense coming to town, we need to get a FB

Two names I thought about today were the WR from Texas (Marquis Goodwin?) and Jordan Rodgers. That WR can run like nobody's business, and occasionally would line up behind the quarterback and mix in a few running plays. I'm not as serious about Rodgers, but I do think it would be pretty funny if the Bears, of all teams, took him with a 6th rounder to maybe one day square off against his brother.

Goodwin would certainly make this team a lot scarier(how on earth is he projected as a 3rd rounder) and I had Rodgers in my mock so I like the way you're thinking.

I see now Goodwin 5'9" which is prob why he's a 3rd rounder. If he runs past everyone then his height doesn't matter.

Goodwin would certainly make this team a lot scarier(how on earth is he projected as a 3rd rounder) and I had Rodgers in my mock so I like the way you're thinking.

I see now Goodwin 5'9" which is prob why he's a 3rd rounder. If he runs past everyone then his height doesn't matter.

I too think we need a speed wr, so that's why I picked up Avery. He had 4.27 speed coming out of the combine.

If he's in the budget I'd be all for Avery, I think you're spending a bit much though.

Wheeler made 700,000 last year, so I dont think he has a big payday coming. Avery, wasnt highly sought after last year and dont expect Indy to be biding high with the emergence of Hilton. Bushrod wont be cheap, but think we still go after him. If he costs to much, then Melton signing will be the key to the off season money available.