Andy Levitre

scs787

According to rotoworld he'll be hitting the market...

Impending free agent LG Andy Levitre made it clear while cleaning out his locker on Monday that he intends to shop for the best offer on the market this offseason.

The Bills opened preliminary talks in the offseason, but they went nowhere. A picture of durability on an oft-injured offensive line, Levitre has started 64 consecutive games since entering the league as the 51st overall pick in the 2009 draft. Levitre is Rotoworld's No. 1 ranked guard on the market this year. He should attract plenty of suitors if the Bills don't re-sign him before free agency kicks off.

With the talks about the stress being on Guards Andy is the guy I want. He also played a little bit of LT last year and I hear he played it well. If they HAVE to kick him out there because Webb doesn't continue to improve then the possibility is there.

Then trade down in the first to grab Barrett Jones who offers you even more versatility.

Webb-Levitre-Garza-Jones-Carimi

If Webb continues to grow, and Carimi was truly only terrible because he wasn't able to workout due to injury then I think that could be a pretty solid line....If James Brown also continues to grow then when Garzas time has passed you can move Jones to OC and Brown to RG and have a young OL for years to come.

Guest TerraTor

With the talks about the stress being on Guards Andy is the guy I want. He also played a little bit of LT last year and I hear he played it well. If they HAVE to kick him out there because Webb doesn't continue to improve then the possibility is there.

Then trade down in the first to grab Barrett Jones who offers you even more versatility.

If Webb continues to grow, and Carimi was truly only terrible because he wasn't able to workout due to injury then I think that could be a pretty solid line....If James Brown also continues to grow then when Garzas time has passed you can move Jones to OC and Brown to RG and have a young OL for years to come.

Um... Webb is a fuggin joke

Question is how much. I hate heating guys are shopping for best deal and there highly regarded. That spells a bidding war and we cant afford to get into a big bidding war

I give him as much as we can that still allows us to resign Melton. He's a stud

Then if u want melton still ur looking at levitre at a deeply discounted price. Can't see anyway possible to sign him and Melton when levitre has said hes shopping for best deal. There are a number of teams that will pay him near 8 mil

Then if u want melton still ur looking at levitre at a deeply discounted price. Can't see anyway possible to sign him and Melton when levitre has said hes shopping for best deal. There are a number of teams that will pay him near 8 mil

If they cut the Hester/Davis/Spaeth group they will have near 21 mill...With all the room they have next year they can restructure a contract or 2 for even more...I think they can work out 8 Mill to Andy and 8 or 9 to Melton.

If they cut the Hester/Davis/Spaeth group they will have near 21 mill...With all the room they have next year they can restructure a contract or 2 for even more...I think they can work out 8 Mill to Andy and 8 or 9 to Melton.

That puts them at around $21 million if you count $5 million for cap holds.

It might be doable...but that's it for the Bears offseason if those 2 wind up with those #'s. Ends Urlacher's time here and forces the Bears to need a high level drafted LB while at it.

Also makes it really hard to have any sort of legit O-Line depth, other than 4th/5th rounders.

It might be doable...but that's it for the Bears offseason if those 2 wind up with those #'s. Ends Urlacher's time here and forces the Bears to need a high level drafted LB while at it.

Also makes it really hard to have any sort of legit O-Line depth, other than 4th/5th rounders.

Your right. If we do that it would probably force us to use 1st rd on either ogletree or te'o. Depending on who's available and if for some chance both are gone by 20 we are screwed at that position

I think it all depends on how much restructuring some contracts would free up. Kromer has had success working with mid round draft picks so that's a plus. Freeing up enough money to bring back Roach would be big too, he played well at MLB when 54 was hurt.

They'd have to hit on starting OG, LB, TE, and some depth.

Using the Cincy trade down another poster proposed days ago and the 4 RD mock WF has up...

RD2 37- Barret Jones/Larry Warford/Dallas Thomas/Kyle Long

RD2 50- Arthur Brown LB K State

RD3 87- Gavin Escobar TE S.D, State

RD4 114- Oday Aboushi/Terron Armstead OTs

Would be a great start to that.

I think it all depends on how much restructuring some contracts would free up. Kromer has had success working with mid round draft picks so that's a plus. Freeing up enough money to bring back Roach would be big too, he played well at MLB when 54 was hurt.

They'd have to hit on starting OG, LB, TE, and some depth.

Using the Cincy trade down another poster proposed days ago and the 4 RD mock WF has up...

RD2 37- Barret Jones/Larry Warford/Dallas Thomas/Kyle Long

RD2 50- Arthur Brown LB K State

RD3 87- Gavin Escobar TE S.D, State

RD4 114- Oday Aboushi/Terron Armstead OTs

Would be a great start to that.

Roach is a decent backup but i dont want him starting every game. I don't see Barrett jones or warford slipping to 37

Roach is a decent backup but i dont want him starting every game. I don't see Barrett jones or warford slipping to 37

Look at the game logs for Nick Roach. When he had to move inside he put up numbers comparable to Brians #s at MLB.

Jones and Warford are still sitting in almost all drafts.

What happened to Louis in the big picture?

What happened to Louis in the big picture?

Free agent with injury concerns..If he's healthy he could be brought back "cheap" making the OL a whole lot more confusing. I don't care how much it gets bashed but I think Webb, Carimi, and Garza will all be on the line next year. If Louis is back and healthy that's 4 guys, I'd still love Levitre who has looked rock solid at LG and LT which is a huge plus.

Free agent with injury concerns..If he's healthy he could be brought back "cheap" making the OL a whole lot more confusing. I don't care how much it gets bashed but I think Webb, Carimi, and Garza will all be on the line next year. If Louis is back and healthy that's 4 guys, I'd still love Levitre who has looked rock solid at LG and LT which is a huge plus.

The key to the OL is having some new bodies for more options if people fall short. All of those names are a good scenario, I just have major doubts about Webb, we have to bring in a LT somewhere to compete there. Andy is 6-2 302, not the ideal size to shift to LT. I prefer to spend the money on a LT in FAgency, there is talk KC drafts a LT with the first pick and Brandon Albert doenst want to move to guard, so he may want to be somewhere else. Also if KC gets a FA QB, they might not be able to spend big money to keep Albert there. We might be able to get him for 8 or 9?

The key to the OL is having some new bodies for more options if people fall short. All of those names are a good scenario, I just have major doubts about Webb, we have to bring in a LT somewhere to compete there. Andy is 6-2 302, not the ideal size to shift to LT. I prefer to spend the money on a LT in FAgency, there is talk KC drafts a LT with the first pick and Brandon Albert doenst want to move to guard, so he may want to be somewhere else. Also if KC gets a FA QB, they might not be able to spend big money to keep Albert there. We might be able to get him for 8 or 9?

I was with you on wanting a LT in FA (while moving Webb to RT) until the whole Saints put more emphasis on Guards thing came out....Ya gotta assume that philosophy comes over with Kromer.

If they plan on giving him some help against speedy 3-4 guys I have no concerns with Webb.

I was with you on wanting a LT in FA (while moving Webb to RT) until the whole Saints put more emphasis on Guards thing came out....Ya gotta assume that philosophy comes over with Kromer.

If they plan on giving him some help against speedy 3-4 guys I have no concerns with Webb.

that remains to be seen exactly what we will be doing with the Oline, I would assume a composite of all the minds involved.

If this is the Saints philosophy -- focus on getting above average OG/C to protect the middle of the pocket and worry less about the edge rushers so the QB can step up if need be, or slide protection to the outside via TE/RB -- then I have to think this comes to Chicago along with Kromer. Add to this the interview comments from Anthony Calvillo about how Trestman fixed their blocking scheme:

-------------------------------------------------------------

So what did he do?

"There's a standard practice in our league on how to block certain blitzes, popping out offensive linemen to block linebackers and leaving the middle pocket vulnerable to one-on-one battles with guys you don't want to block one-on-one.

"So he had them protect from the inside out, with as many double-teams inside as possible. Our protections changed week in and week out, but the base was inside-out."

No other team in the CFL was blocking like this, Calvillo said. But it worked.

--------------------------------------------------------------

As AZ posted here it looks like it is a composite of all the minds to focus on the interior of the line. Whether or not they think Louis and a rookie or Carimi/Webb/Brown is gonna be good enough is up for debate...The Saints had 2 of top 6 paid guards in the league.

I don't see us going after Levitre. Can't see us in a bidding war over a LG when we need LT/LG/RG/RT help. I think we'll grab one of the second tier OG players...probably go after him hard on day one so he doesn't get any other visits. Whoever Kromer see as best potential but needs better coaching (gotta account for the egos).

I don't see us going after Levitre. Can't see us in a bidding war over a LG when we need LT/LG/RG/RT help. I think we'll grab one of the second tier OG players...probably go after him hard on day one so he doesn't get any other visits. Whoever Kromer see as best potential but needs better coaching (gotta account for the egos).

The 2nd tier of OGs is pretty average and it looks like the bears will want above average at OG. If you want average you might as well just go with Louis and a rookie.

It's not a question of what I want as much as what I think the Bears will do given their cap situation and needs (re-signing Melton at the top of the list). To be honest, after watching Spencer and EWilliams at LG I'd be happy if we had average play there. In fact if our Oline became average next year that would be a big step up from where they have been in recent years. Draft the top tier OG of the future and he's in the mix with Louis and possibly Brown for the 2nd and 3rd spot on top of that will work for me.

Even drafting a rookie LT assuming it's Fisher or Johnson....both those player need work in the weight room before they can excel. They'll be average. We will not go from bottom feeder to elite in one offseason but we need to put the building blocks in place to get to above average.

Plus we have no idea what Kromer can do with what we already have. He took a UFA and turned him into a pro bowler center in NO, In the article it stated that he was with 3 teams with no starts till Kromer got his hands on him. Lets see what kromer thinks. Ya know his eval will be weighed heavily in this draft.

Plus we have no idea what Kromer can do with what we already have. He took a UFA and turned him into a pro bowler center in NO, In the article it stated that he was with 3 teams with no starts till Kromer got his hands on him. Lets see what kromer thinks. Ya know his eval will be weighed heavily in this draft.

After he evaluates them, we dont know if he will like them, I dont think he can create caviar out of crab, but we may be better than it looks to us right now.