salary cap

bowlingtwig

Yet another reason to restructure/backload some contracts.

U will obviously see alot of backloaded contracts but still gonna be tough to exactly what propose. And this is assuming that levitre will take that $8M when its quite possible other teams like Indy could go higher with them and several others have 45+ available

U will obviously see alot of backloaded contracts but still gonna be tough to exactly what propose. And this is assuming that levitre will take that $8M when its quite possible other teams like Indy could go higher with them and several others have 45+ available

I'd be pretty surprised if teams go over 8M...Its possible but I kinda doubt it. I'm not sure how good Levitre is exactly. Is he the best OG in the league??? Carl Nicks is the highest paid with some weird contract where his cap hit was 14M his first year then 3M the next (a base salary of 6.5 then 715,000). Logan Mankins, the 2nd highest paid OG got 5.5M his first year then 7M his next.

I know teams have more money now but is he gonna get paid more than every other OG in the league??

I'd be pretty surprised if teams go over 8M...Its possible but I kinda doubt it. I'm not sure how good Levitre is exactly. Is he the best OG in the league??? Carl Nicks is the highest paid with some weird contract where his cap hit was 14M his first year then 3M the next (a base salary of 6.5 then 715,000). Logan Mankins, the 2nd highest paid OG got 5.5M his first year then 7M his next.

I know teams have more money now but is he gonna get paid more than every other OG in the league??

Im looking at fact that he has a lot of suitors. Plenty of teams have a ton of space plus he has said he wants to go shopping for that big deal. Typically that screams of a classic over pay. Is he worth carl nicks $$.no. but could he get it. Possibly

Im looking at fact that he has a lot of suitors. Plenty of teams have a ton of space plus he has said he wants to go shopping for that big deal. Typically that screams of a classic over pay. Is he worth carl nicks $$.no. but could he get it. Possibly

Carl Nicks first 2 year average was ~7.5M, even with all the suitors I can't imagine him getting a mill more. I'd go to 8.5.

Found this over at PFT, I don't know if this has been discussed.

Looks like we have an extra $3.2 million space over the cap if we would like to use it. Check out the link and let me know if I am reading that correctly. If so, that would be a little nice extra buffer for free agency or re-signing some players.

Link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/...ments-for-2013/

Found this over at PFT, I don't know if this has been discussed.

Looks like we have an extra $3.2 million space over the cap if we would like to use it. Check out the link and let me know if I am reading that correctly. If so, that would be a little nice extra buffer for free agency or re-signing some players.

Link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/...ments-for-2013/

I mentioned that a few days ago on a differnt thread. I read we have 13.3 plus carry over of 3.2. With the players we can cut, should have around 21.5 mi. to play with.