Tom Nelson

Wesson44

We signed tom nelson as a FS from the Bengals, but as i was reading up on this guy here are some things that make you wonder and go hhhuuuuuuummmmm???? First off he runs a 4.38 in the 40 yard dash (Hester runs the same) and he plays on special teams as a gunner and return man in college, he runs north and south with his good speed, as a FS he breaks on the ball well and is a good tackler...do you think he makes the team????

We signed tom nelson as a FS from the Bengals, but as i was reading up on this guy here are some things that make you wonder and go hhhuuuuuuummmmm???? First off he runs a 4.38 in the 40 yard dash (Hester runs the same) and he plays on special teams as a gunner and return man in college, he runs north and south with his good speed, as a FS he breaks on the ball well and is a good tackler...do you think he makes the team????

This is a pure crapshoot since he's brought in to compete for the last safety spot on the roster. Seeing as his coaches put that speed at the safety position I'll assume he's just a north south type of runner with below average cutting ability. Probably below average vision/anticipation too. He makes the team if we have a bad injury to one of the four players who are ahead of him but most likely either Steltz, or 3rd Rd dude who knocked himself out. How's that for an answer?