We have work to do

Wesson44

Below is a list of all the players who are due to hit the market this year as a free agents. So who do you keep and who do you punt,pass and kick? Without thinking I will keep the ones in BOLD

2 Jason Campbell (UFA) 10 Olindo Mare (UFA) 12 Josh McCown (UFA) 13 Johnny Knox (UFA) 24 Kelvin Hayden (UFA) 25 Armando Allen (Excl.FA) 30 D. J. Moore (UFA) 32 Kahlil Bell (UFA) 38 Zack Bowman (UFA) 43 Troy Nolan (UFA) 53 Nick Roach (UFA) 54 Brian Urlacher (UFA) 58 Geno Hayes (UFA) 60 Lance Louis (UFA) 62 Chilo Rachal (UFA) 67 Chris Spencer (UFA) 69 Henry Melton (UFA) 71 Israel Idonije (UFA) 79 Jonathan Scott (UFA) 91 Amobi Okoye (UFA) 93 Nate Collins (RFA)

Below is a list of all the players who are due to hit the market this year as a free agents. So who do you keep and who do you punt,pass and kick? Without thinking I will keep the ones in BOLD

2 Jason Campbell (UFA) 10 Olindo Mare (UFA) 12 Josh McCown (UFA) 13 Johnny Knox (UFA) 24 Kelvin Hayden (UFA) 25 Armando Allen (Excl.FA) 30 D. J. Moore (UFA) 32 Kahlil Bell (UFA) 38 Zack Bowman (UFA) 43 Troy Nolan (UFA) 53 Nick Roach (UFA) 54 Brian Urlacher (UFA) 58 Geno Hayes (UFA) 60 Lance Louis (UFA) 62 Chilo Rachal (UFA) 67 Chris Spencer (UFA) 69 Henry Melton (UFA) 71 Israel Idonije (UFA) 79 Jonathan Scott (UFA) 91 Amobi Okoye (UFA) 93 Nate Collins (RFA)

I agree with your list other than Urlacher,( unless we sign him real cheap) He will never make a full season unhurt again. Bad knees. We have to fill the roster and keeping our own back at reasonalble prices makes sense. Melton will be the only high paid player on that list. hopefully at around 6 mil.

I like your list but

1) Urlacher is definitely a question mark depending on what he wants for salary. If it's not reasonable then move on.

2) I would add keeping Khalil Bell, he was more effective than Allen and after what he went through last year he should be willing to play for minimum salary.

Yeah, It is really hard for me to see the Bears fitting Urlacher into the cap if we re-sign Melton and sign a FA OL. It only seems like we can do 2 of those.

I bet they could figure out a way to do that if Melton's contract isn't too extreme ($7 million or so and under). I don't think there's going to be a big demand for Urlacher's services outside of Chicago next year. Someone may take a flyer on him, but he didn't perform well last year, hasn't finished the last several seasons, is dealing with a knee that may never heal, and is another year older.

I bet they could figure out a way to do that if Melton's contract isn't too extreme ($7 million or so and under). I don't think there's going to be a big demand for Urlacher's services outside of Chicago next year. Someone may take a flyer on him, but he didn't perform well last year, hasn't finished the last several seasons, is dealing with a knee that may never heal, and is another year older.

What is Dallas' Cap Room- my guess is they'll be the biggest threat taking Henry should they have room with Marinelli going there.