Ed Hochuli 3:16

Release Hester, Spaeth, and Davis.

Keep Melton- 5 years, $37.5 million

Keep McCown- 1 year, $850,000

Keep Scott- 2 years, $3 million

Keep Allen- 1 year, $750,000

Sign Will Beatty- 4 years, $22.5 million

1. Alec Ogletree, MLB, Georgia

--The rich history of MLB's for the Bears continues. Ogletree is fast and instinctive. If he puts on 10 pounds of muscle and stays out of trouble, he will be a beast.

*Trade our 2nd to Cincinnati for a 3rd, 4th, and a 7th*

3. Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia

--Bailey might have the best combination of speed and skill in this draft, along with his former teammate, Tavon Austin.

4. Khaseem Greene, OLB, Rutgers

--Letting Roach walk saves money and it opens up an OLB spot for Greene. Greene is fast and strong. If he wasn't 6'1, he'd be a 2nd round pick.

4. Terron Armstead, T, Arkansas Pine Bluff

--A 4th round OT that Kromer can work with, Armstead is said to be raw but talented and athletic.

5. Blaize Foltz, G, TCU

--A guy with a cool name, Foltz was a 1st team all-MWC OG in 2011. He's 6'4 310 and really improved this past year pass blocking.

6. Marquess Wilson, WR, Washington State

--He quit Wazzu's team, but if he didn't, he'd be a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

7. Braden Wilson, FB, Kansas State

--The Bears could use a FB.

Release Hester, Spaeth, and Davis.

Keep Melton- 5 years, $37.5 million

Keep McCown- 1 year, $850,000

Keep Scott- 2 years, $3 million

Keep Allen- 1 year, $750,000

Sign Will Beatty- 4 years, $22.5 million

1. Alec Ogletree, MLB, Georgia

--The rich history of MLB's for the Bears continues. Ogletree is fast and instinctive. If he puts on 10 pounds of muscle and stays out of trouble, he will be a beast.

*Trade our 2nd to Cincinnati for a 3rd, 4th, and a 7th*

3. Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia

--Bailey might have the best combination of speed and skill in this draft, along with his former teammate, Tavon Austin.

4. Khaseem Greene, OLB, Rutgers

--Letting Roach walk saves money and it opens up an OLB spot for Greene. Greene is fast and strong. If he wasn't 6'1, he'd be a 2nd round pick.

4. Terron Armstead, T, Arkansas Pine Bluff

--A 4th round OT that Kromer can work with, Armstead is said to be raw but talented and athletic.

5. Blaize Foltz, G, TCU

--A guy with a cool name, Foltz was a 1st team all-MWC OG in 2011. He's 6'4 310 and really improved this past year pass blocking.

6. Marquess Wilson, WR, Washington State

--He quit Wazzu's team, but if he didn't, he'd be a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

7. Braden Wilson, FB, Kansas State

--The Bears could use a FB.

I like the bulk of this except for addressing the OG spot. your first OG is a fifth round pick and you didnt resign Louis. Also no TEs signed in FAgency or drafted any. A glaring lack of addressed in your scenario. I do think we need a speed WR.and Bailey is probably the best one out there. Also Cinn already has two 2nd round picks, not sure why they would trafe for another one.

I like the bulk of this except for addressing the OG spot. your first OG is a fifth round pick and you didnt resign Louis. Also no TEs signed in FAgency or drafted any. A glaring lack of addressed in your scenario. I do think we need a speed WR.and Bailey is probably the best one out there. Also Cinn already has two 2nd round picks, not sure why they would trafe for another one.

Cincy has a good amount of cap space again this year, I could see them wanting to pile up a number of impact players to really make a run at their division.

I did forget to keep Louis, but let's say I didn't. Louis wasn't great last year and is coming off an ACL tear. It's not like he's a necessity to this team. The OL sucked with and without him.

I did forget a TE.

Obviously hate the draft. Two LBs and two WRs?! C'mon.

If Roach and Urlacher walk, you need LB's. If Hester is cut, you need two WR's, unless you want Weems and Joe Anderson as the #4 and #5 WR's.

Signing Beatty and drafting Armstead and Foltz, I figured you'd love it.

I don't know if we can afford to trade out of the 2nd, as most of the impact players are in the first 50 picks. If I would trade down, it would be in the first.

Also, no TE's?

I can't see us drafting 2x LB's in our 3 picks and the other being a WR. I would say the first two picks will be any combination of OL, LB, and TE, with a possibility of 2x OL.

If Roach and Urlacher walk, you need LB's. If Hester is cut, you need two WR's, unless you want Weems and Joe Anderson as the #4 and #5 WR's.

Signing Beatty and drafting Armstead and Foltz, I figured you'd love it.

Beatty doesn't excite me, and I consider just about any draft that doesn't address OL in the 1st, or 2nd, or both, a poorly planned and executed draft that doesn't adequately address the 1st and 2nd biggest problems with the Bears.

Beatty doesn't excite me, and I consider just about any draft that doesn't address OL in the 1st, or 2nd, or both, a poorly planned and executed draft that doesn't adequately address the 1st and 2nd biggest problems with the Bears.

Beatty is a definite upgrade over Webb. You happen to like Carimi and I believe Scott was good last year. Armstead is a project that Kromer can help develop. Tackles, check.

Louis is back at OG and Foltz looks like starting potential. Brown wasn't good last year but was a UDFA. Guards, check.

Garza is declining with one year left, but they probably won't take a C in round 6 or 7 that will help them. Jones won't be there in round 3. Centers, check.

I know you want OL, and so do I. But there is no point in taking them if there is no place to put them.

Beatty is a definite upgrade over Webb. You happen to like Carimi and I believe Scott was good last year. Armstead is a project that Kromer can help develop. Tackles, check.

Louis is back at OG and Foltz looks like starting potential. Brown wasn't good last year but was a UDFA. Guards, check.

Garza is declining with one year left, but they probably won't take a C in round 6 or 7 that will help them. Jones won't be there in round 3. Centers, check.

I know you want OL, and so do I. But there is no point in taking them if there is no place to put them.

My gut tells me Louis will not be effective this year...

I agree Beatty would be much better, but Armstead would be a project 2 to 3 years down the road and Foltz would be a possible starter? He is in three different rating 10th, 13th, and 18th rated OG. In a good year the league would be lucky if the top 5 guards drafted would start the first year. I thought you were sharp, I will have to reconsider that position. You do a mock that cuts our TEs and doesnt add a new one, OL could use 2 to 3 new bodies and you give us one FA and fourth and fifth round pick as our new guys; without resigning Louis. Your right on top of everything.

Guest TerraTor

I like just about all of it. Not so sure about trading out of 2nd and a WR.... Think a TE in that spot

Beatty a bit further down on my LT list, but hey.. nobody is worse than Webb

I agree Beatty would be much better, but Armstead would be a project 2 to 3 years down the road and Foltz would be a possible starter? He is in three different rating 10th, 13th, and 18th rated OG. In a good year the league would be lucky if the top 5 guards drafted would start the first year. I thought you were sharp, I will have to reconsider that position. You do a mock that cuts our TEs and doesnt add a new one, OL could use 2 to 3 new bodies and you give us one FA and fourth and fifth round pick as our new guys; without resigning Louis. Your right on top of everything.

If you know so much, why are you talking to such a dumb f*** like me on a message board with about 15 active members?

For the record, that's **YOU'RE, genius, but I'm sure you knew that.

This. :headbang

Yes. I like Carimi. I like him in a "don't give up on your first round talent because he had an injury and wasn't completely horrible"-kind of way. Scott was not good. No Bears offensive lineman was good. Average is the best adjective permitted when describing any of their performances last year. Going into the year with Webb (whose best year is still subpar), Scott (a journeyman who has proven he is not very good), and Carimi (a 1st rounder most on this board despise) is not ideal. Adding a 4th rounder from a virtual non-football school like UAPB doesn't get me all warm and fuzzy. Emery agrees; he almost drafted OL ahead of Alshon last year. Most certainly not, check.

You have more faith in URFA Louis (horrific injury for a guy that size) and yet another late round OG than I do. No check.

I agree that Garza is declining, and Jones won't be there in the third. But Frederick or Schwenke could very well be there in the 4th.

It's not even a 100% OL issue. I don't like drafting two WRs. I think that's stupid because the Bears still have Marshall, Alshon, and Bennett...a very good core group. I don't like drafting a LB in the 1st AND 4th rounds. This team has been defensively oriented for quite some time. It's time to give the offense a chance to win some games. Sorry, I just don't like the draft.

Yes. I like Carimi. I like him in a "don't give up on your first round talent because he had an injury and wasn't completely horrible"-kind of way. Scott was not good. No Bears offensive lineman was good. Average is the best adjective permitted when describing any of their performances last year. Going into the year with Webb (whose best year is still subpar), Scott (a journeyman who has proven he is not very good), and Carimi (a 1st rounder most on this board despise) is not ideal. Adding a 4th rounder from a virtual non-football school like UAPB doesn't get me all warm and fuzzy. Emery agrees; he almost drafted OL ahead of Alshon last year. Most certainly not, check.

You have more faith in URFA Louis (horrific injury for a guy that size) and yet another late round OG than I do. No check.

I agree that Garza is declining, and Jones won't be there in the third. But Frederick or Schwenke could very well be there in the 4th.

It's not even a 100% OL issue. I don't like drafting two WRs. I think that's stupid because the Bears still have Marshall, Alshon, and Bennett...a very good core group. I don't like drafting a LB in the 1st AND 4th rounds. This team has been defensively oriented for quite some time. It's time to give the offense a chance to win some games. Sorry, I just don't like the draft.

10000% and 6 years running! When will everyone learn this? OL is just not sexy enough.

I never said Beatty is amazing and Foltz and Armstead will be great. What I did say is that Kromer has history with mid-round OL and turning them into good or great players. Let's face it- they will not be moving Garza to OG or benching him, so C is fine. No one, except me, wants to give up on Carimi at T, so he + Scott + Armstead and then Webb and Beatty are enough T's. Louis may or may not be ready to start the year, but if he is, he can start as can Foltz. There is no way Foltz can be as bad as any of the Bears' G's were in 2012. James Brown is also a young player the Bears can develop.

I never said OL is not a need. It is. That's why I have them paying a LT and drafting a T and G. I just don't see them giving up on Webb, Brown or Carimi, and that means you can only have so many guys on your roster. Do we want them dressing 3 WR's so they can put 14 OL in uniform each Sunday? If you want Fluker, you let Scott walk. If you draft a G high, fine, but I don't see that happening as I believe Carimi gets another crack at G when he fails again at T.

Fluker isn't a LT and no way Warmack falls to 20. Johnson, Fisher and Joeckel also will all be gone. Is Emery supposed to take just any T or G there just because? Come on. Then at 37.. what if Jones, Long and Warford are gone? Do they reach for a 5th round T there?

I never said Beatty is amazing and Foltz and Armstead will be great. What I did say is that Kromer has history with mid-round OL and turning them into good or great players. Let's face it- they will not be moving Garza to OG or benching him, so C is fine. No one, except me, wants to give up on Carimi at T, so he + Scott + Armstead and then Webb and Beatty are enough T's. Louis may or may not be ready to start the year, but if he is, he can start as can Foltz. There is no way Foltz can be as bad as any of the Bears' G's were in 2012. James Brown is also a young player the Bears can develop.

I never said OL is not a need. It is. That's why I have them paying a LT and drafting a T and G. I just don't see them giving up on Webb, Brown or Carimi, and that means you can only have so many guys on your roster. Do we want them dressing 3 WR's so they can put 14 OL in uniform each Sunday? If you want Fluker, you let Scott walk. If you draft a G high, fine, but I don't see that happening as I believe Carimi gets another crack at G when he fails again at T.

Fluker isn't a LT and no way Warmack falls to 20. Johnson, Fisher and Joeckel also will all be gone. Is Emery supposed to take just any T or G there just because? Come on. Then at 37.. what if Jones, Long and Warford are gone? Do they reach for a 5th round T there?

Your right the top 3 LTs will be gone. thats why I like the idea of Beatty, much better than Webb. Resign Scott, and let Webb be the swing tackle. Draft Cooper OG, he is the 2nd rated guard and worthy of a first round pick. He would start from day one. Hopefully Louis is healthy so you bring him back. You have Carmi compete with him or Scott and let the best man win. You draft a David Quissenberry in the 4th that can play C or OG. Groom him for Garzas job in the future. Brown can compete with Louis in the next few years if he takes a step forward. Beatty-Cooper- Garza-Louis-Scott. You have Brown-Webb-Quissenberry- Carmi as backups. Let the best men win.

I think the Bears are going to get their TE and OG in free agency. Jared Cook or Martellus Bennett, and then Andy Levitre would be tremendous signings. Then the Bears could take a Lane Johnson if he's there and suddenly your line is looking a lot more promising. I think it's unrealistic to expect a massive overhaul in just one year's time. 1 or two new faces would be reasonable.

I think the Bears are going to get their TE and OG in free agency. Jared Cook or Martellus Bennett, and then Andy Levitre would be tremendous signings. Then the Bears could take a Lane Johnson if he's there and suddenly your line is looking a lot more promising. I think it's unrealistic to expect a massive overhaul in just one year's time. 1 or two new faces would be reasonable.

If you grab a guard in Fagency what if Lane is not there when you draft? You next option at LT will be a big dropoff and probably not start. then where are you at? I think with the money it will cost you for Levitre you can get your LT in FAgency and have better interior options in the 1st round. Cooper, Jones,Warford in the second, maybe Long? I would take those TEs you named but after signing a LT and Melton your money will drop off quit a bite.

I completely agree they will get TE and at least 1 OL in FA to start. I dont think levitre is coming cuz of $$ but if we sign levitre and draft Johnson i would be very happy with that

If you grab a guard in Fagency what if Lane is not there when you draft? You next option at LT will be a big dropoff and probably not start. then where are you at? I think with the money it will cost you for Levitre you can get your LT in FAgency and have better interior options in the 1st round. Cooper, Jones,Warford in the second, maybe Long? I would take those TEs you named but after signing a LT and Melton your money will drop off quit a bite.

Jones to us in 2nd. Yeah only if 31 other teams forget he's available. No way that happens. I wish

Jones to us in 2nd. Yeah only if 31 other teams forget he's available. No way that happens. I wish

I didnt say Jones would last to us, I stated the possiblity of getting Warford in the second. We would have to take him at 20 or move down and grab him. I dont think he makes it out of the first round.