Could Melton move to DE?

scs787

I saw this tweet by Melton and wondered if it could mean he was asked to line up outside at DE...

Henry Melton ‏@HenMel

It doesn't matter where I line up in a system if I have the opportunity to get to the QB that's what I'm gonna do and bust heads in the run.

Pretty random tweet unless he was asked about it, and this wasn't in response to any ones question. Couple this with the fact that Tucker apparently likes bigger run stuffers in the middle and it could make sense.

Could they add a massive DT to their list of draft needs??

Jesse Williams in the first would be a dream, Kwame Geathers in the 4th would be more realistic.

How sexy would a Peppers-Paea-Williams-Melton front 4 look??? With Melton playing the Izzy role where he occasionally moves inside to give Wootton and SMC some snaps.

I think Tucker ran a 2 gap 4-3 in Jacksonville did he not? I could be mistaken, but I thought I remembered Matt Bowen saying that he has used his DT's as 2 gappers before. I might be in the minority, but I wouldn't be terribly upset if we lost Melton to free up more money in this UFA market. I prefer to re-sign him, but only if the price is right.

I think Tucker ran a 2 gap 4-3 in Jacksonville did he not? I could be mistaken, but I thought I remembered Matt Bowen saying that he has used his DT's as 2 gappers before. I might be in the minority, but I wouldn't be terribly upset if we lost Melton to free up more money in this UFA market. I prefer to re-sign him, but only if the price is right.

Honestly, come to think of it I believe I read the whole Tucker likes run stopping DTs on bleacher report. I'm not sure on that but if it was, well then that's enough said right there lol. I think they're getting that from the fact that the Jags best DT was 330 pounds.

I'm reading now that he runs a single gap D.

Melton is a stud but I really wouldn't be too ticked if he's gone. But if they have the money to get him and a OL piece then then they damn well better. If Melton ends up making something like 7 mill and they end up spending that amount of money on something stupid then I'll be ticked.

Could be...I don't see why he can't be a good DE in a 4-3 too.

I have two young DEs that were drafted in the last couple of years with one being a 1st rounder(Wooten and McClellin) plus Peppers why would this team think of Melton in any other way than DT?