IF-then who

Stinger226

I think there will be a run on OL in the first part of the draft, and a few QBs. SO

I think these will be our choices for our pick;

Te'o/LB overall ratings on two sites; 10th and 16th

Ogletree/LB overall ratings on two sites; 12th and 29th

Etrz/TE overall ratings on two sites; 24th and 32nd

Cooper/OG overall ratings on two sites; 20th and 23rd

so who do you take with that first pick?

It we take the best player available it (I hate to say it) would have to be Te'o, if we go by greatest need Cooper/OG a starter caliber from day one. or the best TE in the draft(also a need)

I would still take Cooper because the talent at OLine drops off quite a bit after him. I still then we could be a good TE or good LB in the second and 4th rounds.

I think after the combine Te'os stock will drop. He could have truly just "had a bad day" in the Nat'l Title game but to me he didn't look like a 1st round pick.

It's a toss up between Tree and Cooper for me. If they can bring in a guy like Levitre or another proven LG then give me Tree. If not Cooper has gotta be the pick.

I think after the combine Te'os stock will drop. He could have truly just "had a bad day" in the Nat'l Title game but to me he didn't look like a 1st round pick.

It's a toss up between Tree and Cooper for me. If they can bring in a guy like Levitre or another proven LG then give me Tree. If not Cooper has gotta be the pick.

I think if the Bears decide they want to deal with the Te'o circus (And it will be one next year, particularly coming out of ND), I'd really like to see them trade down 5-10 spots to do so.

I haven't made up my mind yet. I'll just say-- one of these guys in the first.

OL- Lane Johnson, John Cooper

WR- Tavon Austin

LB- Alec Ogletree, Kevin Minter, Arthur Brown

TE- Tyler Eiffert, Zach Ertz

I think Johnson will be gone, out of 50 mocks I read Brown was never a 1st round pick.

I think Johnson will be gone, out of 50 mocks I read Brown was never a 1st round pick.

I think at this point Johnson's value is about as high as it gets. That's simply because he performed well during the Senior Bowl week and thus some draftniks have him going before our pick. However, he is not without some flags. As always happens we have yet to see who the "risers" are in this draft. They are always there after the combine and after some pro days. I think the odds favor Johnson being available at our pick as some "athletes" jump ahead of him in the next two months.

I also think Teo drops past us but I think where he ends up is based largely on his 40 time. I didn't watch many of his games but he never really jumped out as a game changer to me. A good player...absolutely. Blue chip? Didn't notice the above average athleticism (relative to NFL talent).

Ogletree's athleticism stands out all over the field but he's also a bit raw at the LB position. Having him chase down guys like Cam Newton, RGIII, or Kaepernik looks awful good to me. He might not be Urlacher's replacement rather he's Briggs replacement. I can deal with that. He can play SLB for a year to learn the ropes, then MLB for a year before sliding into Briggs' spot.

Cooper is also a pick I'm interested in. We have to fix the interior of the line but there are more FA options for OG/OT than LB this year so I think we end up doing something for the Oline.

--------------------------------------------------------

Of your list I'm taking Johnson. When you can fix the LT spot for a decade you do it. It seems Johnson will need a year or two to develop but he shouldn't be worse than Webb to start and with Kromer coaching him I see him improving quickly.

I think there will be a run on OL in the first part of the draft, and a few QBs. SO

I think these will be our choices for our pick;

Te'o/LB overall ratings on two sites; 10th and 16th

Ogletree/LB overall ratings on two sites; 12th and 29th

Etrz/TE overall ratings on two sites; 24th and 32nd

Cooper/OG overall ratings on two sites; 20th and 23rd

so who do you take with that first pick?

It we take the best player available it (I hate to say it) would have to be Te'o, if we go by greatest need Cooper/OG a starter caliber from day one. or the best TE in the draft(also a need)

I would still take Cooper because the talent at OLine drops off quite a bit after him. I still then we could be a good TE or good LB in the second and 4th rounds.

If it's only those four on the Bears' radar with that grade, then it absolutely has to be Cooper. Period. And, in my opinion, Ertz shouldn't even be in the picture with the others. TE in the first? :puke

If it's only those four on the Bears' radar with that grade, then it absolutely has to be Cooper. Period. And, in my opinion, Ertz shouldn't even be in the picture with the others. TE in the first? :puke

I agree, Cooper should be there and worthy of that pick. If he is gone, I have no problem picking Barrett Jones in that spot either.