Johnny Knox released and retires

GakMan23

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, no real change from last year, and the Bears still have Marshal, Jeffery, and Bennett as the core WRs.

So who do we look at to replace Knox? Here is a list of FA to look at

Victor Cruz (RFA), WR, Giants. Age: 26.Too high of a price

Dwayne Bowe, WR, Chiefs. Age: 28 Too high of a price

Mike Wallace, WR, Steelers. Age: 27.Too high of a price

Greg Jennings, WR, Packers. Age: 29.

Wes Welker, WR, Patriots. Age: 32.Too high of a price

Danario Alexander (RFA), WR, Chargers. Age: 25.

Danny Amendola, WR, Rams. Age: 27.

Brian Hartline, WR, Dolphins. Age: 26.

Julian Edelman, WR/KR, Patriots. Age: 27.

Titus Young (Waivers), WR, Lions. Age: 24. Claimed by Rams

Michael Spurlock, WR/KR, Chargers. Age: 30.

Emmanuel Sanders (RFA), WR, Steelers.

Ted Ginn, KR, 49ers. Age: 28.

Joshua Cribbs, KR, Browns. Age: 30.

David Nelson, WR, Bills. Age: 26

Brandon Gibson, WR, Rams. Age: 26.

Donnie Avery, WR, Colts. Age: 29.

Domenik Hixon, WR, Giants. Age: 28.

Ramses Barden, WR, Giants. Age: 27.

Kevin Ogletree, WR, Cowboys. Age: 26.

Jordan Norwood (RFA), WR, Browns. Age: 26.

Donald Jones, WR, Bills. Age: 25.

Jerome Simpson, WR, Vikings. Age: 27.

Brandon Stokley, WR, Broncos. Age: 37. TO OLD

Johnny Knox, WR, Bears. Age: 26.

Richard Goodman (RFA), KR, Chargers. Age: 26.

Brandon Tate, KR, Bengals. Age: 25.

Braylon Edwards, WR, Jets. Age: 30. TO OLD

Mohamed Massaquoi, WR, Browns. Age: 26.

Louis Murphy, WR, Panthers. Age: 26.

Seyi Ajirotutu (RFA), WR, Chargers. Age: 26.

Sammie Stroughter, WR, Buccaneers. Age: 27.

Chaz Schilens, WR, Jets. Age: 27.

Devery Henderson, WR, Saints. Age: 31. TO OLD

Deon Butler, WR, Seahawks. Age: 27.

Marlon Moore (RFA), WR, Dolphins. Age: 25.

Derek Hagan, WR, Raiders. Age: 28.

Austin Collie, WR, Colts. Age: 27.

Kassim Osgood, WR, Lions. Age: 33 TO OLD

Randy Moss, WR, 49ers. Age: 36. TO OLD

Steve Smith, WR, Rams. Age: 28.

Donte' Stallworth, WR, Patriots. Age: 32. TO OLD

Deion Branch, WR, Patriots. Age: 34. TO OLD

Devin Aromashodu, WR, Vikings. Age: 29.

Matt Willis, WR, Broncos. Age: 29.

Plaxico Burress, WR, Steelers. Age: 36. TO OLD

Roscoe Parrish, KR, Buccaneers. Age: 31.

David Reed (RFA), WR, Ravens. Age: 26.

Ruvell Martin, WR, Bills. Age: 31. TO OLD

Brandon Banks (RFA), KR, Redskins. Age: 25.

Courtney Roby, KR, Saints. Age: 30. TO OLD

Donald Driver, WR, Packers. Age: 38. -- Announced retirementTO OLD

I'd rather we not pay more than a mill for a #4 receiver who all in all will be the #6 option in the offense. Give me a 5th or 6th round draft pick unless we can pick up an extra pick somewhere along the way. I think the first 3 picks should be used on OL, LB, and TE in any combination, if we can add an extra pick then you can throw in a WR as a bonus.

I'd rather we not pay more than a mill for a #4 receiver who all in all will be the #6 option in the offense. Give me a 5th or 6th round draft pick unless we can pick up an extra pick somewhere along the way. I think the first 3 picks should be used on OL, LB, and TE in any combination, if we can add an extra pick then you can throw in a WR as a bonus.

I agree with the first three picks thing are saying but we need a deep speed WR at some point, so do you draft one and waste a pick that you can use on the line ...or get one in FA?

[/b]

I agree with the first three picks thing are saying but we need a deep speed WR at some point, so do you draft one and waste a pick that you can use on the line ...or get one in FA?

You can still get another OL piece and a WR in the 5th and the 6th. I just wouldn't wanna over pay for the 6th target, you can get a guy who runs a 4.3 in the 6th round and there's your deep threat.

Also it's not like our guys are slow. Jeffery has a 4.38 listed and Bennett a 4.43.

You can still get another OL piece and a WR in the 5th and the 6th. I just wouldn't wanna over pay for the 6th target, you can get a guy who runs a 4.3 in the 6th round and there's your deep threat.

Also it's not like our guys are slow. Jeffery has a 4.38 listed and Bennett a 4.43.

I have no knock on Bennett he is a good route runner and can catch is a$$ off but he is not the deep ball home run hitter like the way we used J.Knox. I think we need another WR deep threat to take pressure off of Jeffrey and Marshall. So what guy are you going to get with hands, speed and is a deep threat in the 5th or 6th round that id any good?Not saying that there wont be, but they will come off the board rather quickly with teams like the Jag, Bills,Browns, Chiefs,Vikings, Fins, Jets, to name just a few needing help at WR

I start looking in the 2nd rd. I know some of u will misinterpret what im saying here but if one of the big WRs like Tavon Austin falls into nud 2nd or later we would be stupid not to entertain the idea there because the value would be so high that u just cant ignore it. I seriously doubt it happens but anything could happen. It also depends on what happens in FA. But its imperative that we can get that speed WR that can take the cover off the D. Must have decent hands.

I have no knock on Bennett he is a good route runner and can catch is a$$ off but he is not the deep ball home run hitter like the way we used J.Knox. I think we need another WR deep threat to take pressure off of Jeffrey and Marshall. So what guy are you going to get with hands, speed and is a deep threat in the 5th or 6th round that id any good?Not saying that there wont be, but they will come off the board rather quickly with teams like the Jag, Bills,Browns, Chiefs,Vikings, Fins, Jets, to name just a few needing help at WR

Well 1, Knox didnt exactly have great hands and 2. He too was a 5th rounder....so if you want a guy like Johnny Knox you're looking at a small school guy in the late rounds.

You can get any of these guys in the 6th and maybe even UDFA.

Tyler Shaw- Northwest Missouri State 4.25 Speed

Charles Hawkins- Southern 4.24

Reggie Dunn- Utah 4.28

Jessie Grandy- Central Arkansas 4.30

Skye Dawson- TCU 4.32

Rashad Ross- ASU 4.32

Travis Harvey- Florida A&M 4.32 (6.2")

Lindsey Lamar- SFU 4.32

Daymond Patterson- Kansas- 4.34

Jamal Miles- ASU 4.34

Quincy McDuffie- UCF 4.35

One of these guys can be the next Johnny Knox.

Brandon Gibson WR Rams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...mp;v=FrM4nIvEe1

Kevin Ogletree, WR, Cowboys.

Louis Murphy, WR, Panthers.

Chaz Schilens, WR, Jets.

There is no way Jeffery ever ran a 4.38. Just an observation from what I see on the field. The report of a 4.38 is unnofficial and scouts put him in the 4.4-4.5 range, which is good for a guy his size. But, definately not what you call a speed reciever.

Well 1, Knox didnt exactly have great hands and 2. He too was a 5th rounder....so if you want a guy like Johnny Knox you're looking at a small school guy in the late rounds.

You can get any of these guys in the 6th and maybe even UDFA.

Reggie Dunn- Utah 4.28

Skye Dawson- TCU 4.32

Rashad Ross- ASU 4.32

Lindsey Lamar- SFU 4.32

Jamal Miles- ASU 4.34

One of these guys can be the next Johnny Knox.

Knox didn't have great hands however he did have good hands. Also 1 thing knox did have was a very good college resume however ppl overlooked it because of competition level. He also had an extremely good work ethic. Generally speaking u don't find guys like him in the 5th. Don't get me wrong its very possible. I'll go thru that list tonight when I'm done working and give u my thoughts on them

There is no way Jeffery ever ran a 4.38. Just an observation from what I see on the field. The report of a 4.38 is unnofficial and scouts put him in the 4.4-4.5 range, which is good for a guy his size. But, definately not what you call a speed reciever.

Ah yes I'm seeing now where it says it's unofficial.

Knox didn't have great hands however he did have good hands. Also 1 thing knox did have was a very good college resume however ppl overlooked it because of competition level. He also had an extremely good work ethic. Generally speaking u don't find guys like him in the 5th. Don't get me wrong its very possible. I'll go thru that list tonight when I'm done working and give u my thoughts on them

It's a lot of special teams guys now that I look at it but there's still potential in them. All you really need is for them to be a threat. I don't think a big down the field play maker is huge enough need take one in the 2nd or spend any kind of money on.

Here's some fun facts, Alshon Jefferey has a better 40 time than Randall Cobb, James Jones, and Jordy Nelson....Greg Jennings had a better 40 by .03. Jordy Nelson was GBs deep threat (15 ypc) and he ran a slower 40 than Bennett 4.51 vs 4.48.

Yes, I know of all those guys. I don't need to watch videos of them....Somebody is gonna pay those guys some money that I'd rather not spend on our #6 option.

Ok so you know all these guys but do you know any one of these guys off your list?Just because they are fast do they have the NFL experience under there belt for our win now offense to mess with Cutler? I would rather take one off my list that knows from day one of camp how to play in the NFL rather than not.

Reggie Dunn- Utah 4.28

Skye Dawson- TCU 4.32

Rashad Ross- ASU 4.32

Lindsey Lamar- SFU 4.32

Jamal Miles- ASU 4.34

It's a lot of special teams guys now that I look at it but there's still potential in them. All you really need is for them to be a threat. I don't think a big down the field play maker is huge enough need take one in the 2nd or spend any kind of money on.

Here's some fun facts, Alshon Jefferey has a better 40 time than Randall Cobb, James Jones, and Jordy Nelson....Greg Jennings had a better 40 by .03. Jordy Nelson was GBs deep threat (15 ypc) and he ran a slower 40 than Bennett 4.51 vs 4.48.

OK now you question our WR's against the Packers. So lets look at them

Marshall=Nelson winner Marshall

Bennett=Jones tie for what they do

Hester=Cobb winner Cobb he was use more and in better situations

Jeffrey=Jennings winner Jennings because Jeffrey was a rookie

Now GB uses a 5 wide WR set, we don't so they can play a certain scheme without worrying about the one guy

taking the top off the back of the defense. Now if we had let just say a Mike Wallace speed guy that drew respect from the defense then we have a better passing lane underneath like the Packers use