Terra's February Offseason Mock

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

Free Agency

Our Own----------------

Melton - 4yr - 30M

Urlacher - 2yr 8M

Lance Louis - 5yr 10M (If healthy and passes all testing)

New-------------------------

Jermon Bushrod LT - 5yr 36M

Luis Vasquez G - 3yr 12M

DRAFT

1. TRADE DOWN (Ogletree gone)

2. Barret Jones - G/C/T

2. Shayne Skov - ILB

3. Bacarri Rambo - S

5. Kyle Fauria - TE

6. Blaize Foltz - G/T

Feel free to destroy me

Free Agency

Our Own----------------

Melton - 4yr - 30M

Urlacher - 2yr 8M

Luis Vasquez G - 3yr 12M

DRAFT

2. Barret Jones - G/C/T

2. Shayne Skov - ILB

3. Bacarri Rambo - S

5. Kyle Fauria - TE

6. Blaize Foltz - G/T

Feel free to destroy me

1 issue. 5!!!!!!! Yrs for lance. Why on earth. I understand he was best OL for us but he was still mediocre at best. Lets change that to 2 yrs and $3.5M. This way we still reward him for what he dud with significant raise

Destroy you you say??? (All in good fun)

Where'd the 4th rounder go?

A safety in the 3rd? Dear god.

Who is this Kyle Fauria fellow? Any relation to Joesph Fauria, the TE from UCLA? =p...I'm a fan but I've read he's not that polished, I'd rather grab Toilolo or Escobar in the 3rd.

I also think you're spending a bit too much money....looks like you're spending around 24 mill, plus you gotta consider the 3 mill rollover...that 27 mill

Also you sure you only have 1 issue twig? There's no WR in sight.

Destroy you you say??? (All in good fun)

Where'd the 4th rounder go?

A safety in the 3rd? Dear god.

Who is this Kyle Fauria fellow? Any relation to Joesph Fauria, the TE from UCLA? =p...I'm a fan but I've read he's not that polished, I'd rather grab Toilolo or Escobar in the 3rd.

I also think you're spending a bit too much money....looks like you're spending around 24 mill, plus you gotta consider the 3 mill rollover...that 27 mill

Also you sure you only have 1 issue twig? There's no WR in sight.

Yeah. Never said we MUST draft WR. It needs to be addressed weather in FA or draft I'm cool. I would prefer draft but its not a must. My point to u has been and will continue to be that just because WR isnt top priority that u complete ignore it in top rds. Gotta keep all options available in case that stud falls to you. Like if janoris Jenkins who is supposed to go top 10 falls into 2nd by some miracle. U just never know when it comes yo drafts cuz u don't know what the other 31 teams have on there boards

Free Agency

Our Own----------------

Melton - 4yr - 30M

Urlacher - 2yr 8M

Luis Vasquez G - 3yr 12M

DRAFT

2. Barret Jones - G/C/T

2. Shayne Skov - ILB

3. Bacarri Rambo - S

5. Kyle Fauria - TE

6. Blaize Foltz - G/T

Feel free to destroy me

If your drafting a starter at MLB in Skov, paying Urlacher for two years at 4 mil. a year is a waste. He now has knee damage that cant be fixed. He will play mediocre and 12 games a year. Time to let legends go to pasture. A Saftey no way. Otherwise you address the OL and glad about that. Still want a speed WR.

This is one of the better offseason scenarios I've seen. Having said that, I'm curious who you'd envision as the starting OL in that scenario? I'm guessing...

Bushrod - Jones - Garza - Louis - Carimi

I'd be very happy with that since I think it's too early to give up on Carimi's first round talent.

Quickly...

-Louis - Repeat: contract too long

-Skov - Rotates with Url, starts his second year

-Rambo - Pushes for starts year one

-Fauria - Pushes for starts year one

-Foltz - Cool name

I have no problem with his proposed contract for Louis. A contract for 5 years but that low dollar amount means little upfront bonus and we can cut him after a couple years with negligible hit. If he improves in 2014 then we have a bargain. I just don't see much risk in a contract like that.

I like the draft minus a safety in Rd 3 as I think Hardin can fill the backup role for us along with Steltz. I'd go anywhere else in the 3rd from LB (still need depth even with Skov pick), QB (need depth and being honest Cutler isn't a sure thing might as well gt some young talent in the system), CB (replace Tillman in a couple years or solid NB), more Oline, DT, TE. and, to placate BTwig, I'd even prefer a WR here.

Not bad, I wouldn't be mad if we did something like that. If we resigned Louis and drafted Jones however, I wouldn't sign Vazquez. If they did sign 2x FA OL, then only one would be needed in the first couple of rounds.

I would back load some contracts to save a couple million in the cap for the first two years or so. Also, I would hope that the Bears could restructure a few contracts to squeeze a little more out of this year's cap. Then drop some dead weight with Davis, Spaeth, and Hester to save more.

I would avoid Skov, as he blew out his knew already. Also, if Url is coming back for 2, I would address MLB next year unless someone like Ogletree is there at 20.

With the first two picks, I would go OL and TE. Those are the two biggest needs with Urlacher signed for 2 more years.

If we traded down out of the first and picked up an extra 4th, the two 4th round picks should be any combination of (OL, WR, LB, and possibly DB)

For the last 2 picks (5th and 6th), I would look to add depth at DB or QB, or whatever position was not addressed to that point.

Here is what I hope for the cap hits for this year to be (assuming some back loading on Melton and Bushrod):

Free Agency

Our Own----------------

Melton - 5M

Urlacher - 4M

Roach - 2M

Louis - 2M

Bushrod LT - 5M

That would put FA cap hits at about 18M for this year and 5M saved for the rookie pool. So 23M total, which seems about right if we have some dead money in contracts from guys we release.

One other note, I would trade Hester in a heartbeat if we were able to lose his cap hit and gain a 5th-6th round pick.

Guest TerraTor
This is one of the better offseason scenarios I've seen. Having said that, I'm curious who you'd envision as the starting OL in that scenario? I'm guessing...

Bushrod - Jones - Garza - Louis - Carimi

I'd be very happy with that since I think it's too early to give up on Carimi's first round talent.

Quickly...

-Louis - Repeat: contract too long

-Skov - Rotates with Url, starts his second year

-Rambo - Pushes for starts year one

-Fauria - Pushes for starts year one

-Foltz - Cool name

I have no faith in either of our safeties. Conte gets beat all the time and Major is just dumb

and ya that was my OL

I put together a mock that I used the most recent drafttek's order. I know it's very unrealistic, but I picked from available players. So please don't try and argue that he won't be there in this round or that. I am using drafttek.....

http://www.drafttek.com/2013-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

RD1 - Chance Warmack OG AL 6-3 320

RD2 - Chris Faulk OLT LSU 6-6 325 - If he never injured his knee, he'd be RD1 talent, should be ready to go in combine.

RD4 - Brian Schwenke C Cal 6-3 305

RD5 - Kevin Reddick ILB NC 6-2 240

RD6 - Travis Kelce TE Cin 6-5 260

Not bad.

Louis should not get 5 years, coming off a torn ACL or not.

I'd love if Melton took 4 years.

Vazquez might get 5 years from some team.

No way should they give Urlacher 2 years.

Jones would be an excellent pick.

Conte and Wright are fine so I'd say no to Rambo.

Skov kind of sucks.

I like Foltz.

I put together a mock that I used the most recent drafttek's order. I know it's very unrealistic, but I picked from available players. So please don't try and argue that he won't be there in this round or that. I am using drafttek.....

RD2 - Chris Faulk OLT LSU 6-6 325 - If he never injured his knee, he'd be RD1 talent, should be ready to go in combine.

0% chance Kelce is there in round 6 and Faulk, to me, is not a 2nd rounder.

I like all the names but Faulk, but dont see Warmack being there at 20, wish he was . Also bb is right, Kelce will go in the 3rd or 4th.

Thats fine, I never thought they would. I was using draftteks order and stated i knew it was unrealistic. Faulk is a gamble, if he stayed healthy he would've been in the top 10.

I'm ok with most of your scenario but,I don't believe that Louis should get more than 4 yrs and if you are going to draft a MLB don't resign Urlacher. Also if you trade down what do you gain from the trade.You either get a 3rd this year or a 1st next year.I like the thought of Bushrod added because of the new OC but if I draft Jones he is my center and Garza moves to LG with a 4th rd draft pick like Brian Winters out of Kent State that looked solid during Senior Bowl practice.

I'm ok with most of your scenario but,I don't believe that Louis should get more than 4 yrs and if you are going to draft a MLB don't resign Urlacher. Also if you trade down what do you gain from the trade.You either get a 3rd this year or a 1st next year.I like the thought of Bushrod added because of the new OC but if I draft Jones he is my center and Garza moves to LG with a 4th rd draft pick like Brian Winters out of Kent State that looked solid during Senior Bowl practice.

Im ok with all that

Send paramedics to my house if that happens. I will have nearly incurable priapism.