TEs will be important again

scs787

Bears TE coach Andy Bishoff-

“We need a tight end that can threaten the defense,” he said. “We need a tight end that can create stress in the middle of the field, or wherever we place him, because we’re going to line him up next to the tackle and we’re going to line him up outside the numbers and we’re going to line him up in the backfield and we’re going to expect the defense to figure it out.

“And so we need a receiver who can catch the ball and we need a receiver who can block enough to be lined up in the backfield if we put him in there. In answering your question, yeah, absolutely we need a tight end that can catch the ball. The days of the tight end that blocked and ran flat routes in this league are coming to an end. The guys that just run three-yard flat routes, that is not going to do anything for you.”

No real news here but it's still music to my ears.

As I keep saying, IMO if they can't grab one in free agency then I'd honestly grab one in the 2nd. A guy like Gavin Escobar would be all kinds of awesome.

Evan Rodriguez kinda sounds like that guy but they may look to utilize both IMO. It'd be nice to have the big athletic Gavin Escobar and Evan Rodriguez who can be utilized in the H-Back role.

I agree, Rodriguez seems to fit the wish list there. Adding one more TE like that works for me.

We're likely adding a FB too according to what I read so that means 3 TE should make the roster versus the 4 we had last year.

I think we will draft one(FB) in a late round, also think we should sign B. Meyers as a reasonable FA, and leave our first 3 draft picks to OL,LB, and a speedy WR. In what ever order makes sense.