SCS February Offseason Mock

scs787

I get your point but my point is why not copy them? We have a better run game them yes so in that regard we can be even better than the Saints.

Bush will be gone after next year, it'd be nice to have a RB in the system to come in and be the back up next year.

I don't want to copy ppl. I want something new and refreshing that defenses don't know how to prepare. And that offense has a guy by the name of drew brees. Maybe u have heard of him. He happens to be better than cutler. There oline is wayy better and sean Payton is 1 of the best coaches and he runs that offense. Kromer never did

Spencer is a UFA

I forgot to address this as I was a bit confused...PFF had a asterisk after Spencers name and the * is described as followed

Players with an * after their UFA status are players under contract with an option for it to void this offseason.

I take it as he is under contract for next season but it can voided thus freeing up money. I'm not confident on that at all as whats the difference between cutting him like every player can be and voiding his contract?

Also no one caught my mistake of saying Bush was a FA after next year....oopsies, coulda sworn he only got a 2 year contract.

I guess this changes my thoughts a little bit. I still like the dynamic of a guy with the speed of Barner coming out of the backfield...Maybe not so much in the 4th but I absolutely wouldn't hate the pick.

With the speculated addition of a pure FB I wouldn't mind dangling Bush out there for some draft picks and letting the FB handle short yardage situations. But then again if Forte goes down a guy like Barner can't really be relied on as a feature back. He'd be a luxury to have as a #3 and a kick returner but I'm not sure the Bears can afford a luxury just yet

Also no one caught my mistake of saying Bush was a FA after next year....oopsies, coulda sworn he only got a 2 year contract.

I guess this changes my thoughts a little bit. I still like the dynamic of a guy with the speed of Barner coming out of the backfield...Maybe not so much in the 4th but I absolutely wouldn't hate the pick.

With the speculated addition of a pure TE I wouldn't mind dangling Bush out there for some draft picks and letting the FB handle short yardage situations. But then again if Forte goes down a guy like Barner can't really be relied on as a feature back. He'd be a luxury to have as a #3 and a kick returner. It's up for discussion if the Bears can afford such a luxury.

I tried the cut/trade Bush thought but his cap hit would be to great. We are stuck with Bush next year for sure. I do think we need a speed RB, maybe we should look at projected UDFA's.

I tried the cut/trade Bush thought but his cap hit would be to great. We are stuck with Bush next year for sure. I do think we need a speed RB, maybe we should look at projected UDFA's.

I brought his name up yesterday, Onterio McCalleb could be worth a look as a UDFA if he makes it there. He's the fastest RB in the draft and was quoted talking about his hands and the ability to play in the slot so he obviously likes to catch the ball and is confident in his hands.

I brought his name up yesterday, Onterio McCalleb could be worth a look as a UDFA if he makes it there. He's the fastest RB in the draft and was quoted talking about his hands and the ability to play in the slot so he obviously likes to catch the ball and is confident in his hands.

Personally i listen to players with a grain of salt. We've all seen so many ;ppl say samething yet can't catch at all

He was Auburns 2nd leading receiver the last 2 years...but that doesn't say a lot, at all. He was 2nd on the team with a grand total of 18 rec last year and 32 the year before. Auburns O has been just awful post Cam Newton.

He's projected to go in the 7th-UDFA....If he goes undrafted I'd love to grab him as our #3. He's also looks like a pretty good return man.

Kromer certainly will influence things just like he did coordinating the running game for the Saints. But again, he and Trestman have said they are building the offense from scratch based on what they feel will maximize our players' abilities. It's not even Trestman's offense. Cavanaugh is in on the discussions too. Like I said in an earlier post, usually coaches and/or coordinators arrive with their playbook in hand. I can't recall any Bears coaches building something from scratch like this.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1...6b-360d7dbe1983

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The team's new offense will be a compilation of multiple systems that first-year head coach Marc Trestman and coordinator/line coach Aaron Kromer have operated the last several years.

The new Bears offense that Jay Cutler will operate will be a hybrid of a couple different systems.

The two coaches were assistants with the Raiders in 2002 when Oakland led the NFL in total offense and reached the Super Bowl, while Kromer spent the last five seasons with the Saints, coaching running backs in 2008 before working with the line/running game from 2009-12."

"Marc and I have a history together back with the Oakland Raiders and we had a lot of success there and obviously the New Orleans offense has been very successful lately," Kromer said Thursday at Halas Hall.

"It will be a combination of a lot of things, and you don't want an offense to get stagnant, so you are constantly researching and finding new things that you can add to your offense to make it better and more versatile."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We will have some things in our offense that New Orleans does but we might have some things that Trestman and Kromer did back when they were with the Raiders. Trestman may even toss in some of his CFL stuff too, which I read on. We know now that Forte is going to have a bigger role than he did last year.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,7967807.story

Kromer certainly will influence things just like he did coordinating the running game for the Saints. But again, he and Trestman have said they are building the offense from scratch based on what they feel will maximize our players' abilities. It's not even Trestman's offense. Cavanaugh is in on the discussions too. Like I said in an earlier post, usually coaches and/or coordinators arrive with their playbook in hand. I can't recall any Bears coaches building something from scratch like this.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1...6b-360d7dbe1983

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The team's new offense will be a compilation of multiple systems that first-year head coach Marc Trestman and coordinator/line coach Aaron Kromer have operated the last several years.

The new Bears offense that Jay Cutler will operate will be a hybrid of a couple different systems.

The two coaches were assistants with the Raiders in 2002 when Oakland led the NFL in total offense and reached the Super Bowl, while Kromer spent the last five seasons with the Saints, coaching running backs in 2008 before working with the line/running game from 2009-12."

"Marc and I have a history together back with the Oakland Raiders and we had a lot of success there and obviously the New Orleans offense has been very successful lately," Kromer said Thursday at Halas Hall.

"It will be a combination of a lot of things, and you don't want an offense to get stagnant, so you are constantly researching and finding new things that you can add to your offense to make it better and more versatile."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We will have some things in our offense that New Orleans does but we might have some things that Trestman and Kromer did back when they were with the Raiders. Trestman may even toss in some of his CFL stuff too, which I read on. We know now that Forte is going to have a bigger role than he did last year.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,7967807.story

Absolutely, like I've said from day 1 Forte is gonna have a monster year next year. The writing was on the wall from that aspect.

TE play as we all know now will be huge as well, IMO making another WR not as big a need as many of you think.

Absolutely, like I've said from day 1 Forte is gonna have a monster year next year. The writing was on the wall from that aspect.

TE play as we all know now will be huge as well, IMO making another WR not as big a need as many of you think.

Adding a TE doesn't change a thing about lacking speed at the WR position, or the offense in general.

Adding a TE doesn't change a thing about lacking speed at the WR position.

I wouldn't mind adding a speed guy but not early. I think we'll see the TE in the slot a bunch (Just a hunch) with Marshall and Jeffery on the outside. Bennett kinda becomes our #4 in a way, coming in when they go to a single back/TE in line formation. I know it sounds a little out there but I just think barring injuries we're fine at WR. We need to add some depth later in the draft and I can see Joe Anderson being on the team over Weems next year.

I wouldn't mind adding a speed guy but not early. I think we'll see the TE in the slot a bunch (Just a hunch) with Marshall and Jeffery on the outside. Bennett kinda becomes our #4 in a way, coming in when they go to a single back/TE in line formation. I know it sounds a little out there but I just think barring injuries we're fine at WR. We need to add some depth later in the draft and I can see Joe Anderson being on the team over Weems next year.

If we cut Hester, we will keep Weems because he can do returns. We will need to add a WR just because of the numbers we have there, but 5th or 6th will work.