Manti Te'o

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

Would anybody be totally against him?

I can speak from first hand experience. Hawaiian people are not trash, and are extremely genuine.

I think as far as football talent, he is on top. Maybe his combine wont be Ogletree's or Jenkins, but like I said...

Lets say he leaves combine:

6'2 245lbs

4.65 40yrd

24 reps

I would be all for drafting him is he is the BPA that matches a positional need for the Bears after the FA period is over. Until we see what happens in FA with the signing of our own FAs and picking up some FAs from other teams to fill needs we really do not know for sure how to approach the draft, IMO.

I don't really think he's that good, in all honesty. I think he's too slow, can't move his hips well enough to play in this defense, and not great in coverage or in tight spaces. He's a guy that can come in and finish off a tackle, or fill up a gap in the run game.

I'm not saying he's horrible. I don't believe he's a 1st round pick, and I'm not sure he'd be the right person for this cover 2 defense that we are seemingly going to continue to run.. I actually think he belongs as an ILB in a 3-4.

There is also the fake girlfriend stuff that HAS to be brought up. MLB is a position that is often looked upon as a position of leadership. Do you really want that guy leading your defense for the next 5-7 years? That's a question all GM's are asking themselves as they put their boards together.

I don't really think he's that good, in all honesty. I think he's too slow, can't move his hips well enough to play in this defense, and not great in coverage or in tight spaces. He's a guy that can come in and finish off a tackle, or fill up a gap in the run game.

I'm not saying he's horrible. I don't believe he's a 1st round pick, and I'm not sure he'd be the right person for this cover 2 defense that we are seemingly going to continue to run.. I actually think he belongs as an ILB in a 3-4.

There is also the fake girlfriend stuff that HAS to be brought up. MLB is a position that is often looked upon as a position of leadership. Do you really want that guy leading your defense for the next 5-7 years? That's a question all GM's are asking themselves as they put their boards together.

Having seen all of his games. I will say emphatically YES. He is 1st rd IMO. Not saying HOF career or anything like that. And i believe it doesn't matter if its a 3-4 and 4-3 style

Having seen all of his games. I will say emphatically YES. He is 1st rd IMO. Not saying HOF career or anything like that. And i believe it doesn't matter if its a 3-4 and 4-3 style

3-4 LB's can afford to be a bit bigger and thus slower. If Manti Te'o wants to be a 4-3 MLB or OLB, he has to lose 10 pounds.

He could succeed in both, but I think he would be better off in a 3-4 given his physical limitations. I think the Bears need someone with elite level athleticism at the position who can move sideline to sideline, and protect the deep middle if he has to. Teo' isn't that guy. He looked like a boy amongst men in the National Championship game. Understandably, one game doesn't make a career, but that's about as close as you can get to a real NFL offensive line, and they just made him look awful.

He could succeed in both, but I think he would be better off in a 3-4 given his physical limitations. I think the Bears need someone with elite level athleticism at the position who can move sideline to sideline, and protect the deep middle if he has to. Teo' isn't that guy. He looked like a boy amongst men in the National Championship game. Understandably, one game doesn't make a career, but that's about as close as you can get to a real NFL offensive line, and they just made him look awful.

I guess it depends on your definition of "succeed." I don't think he can actually "succeed" in a 4-3. I see him strictly as a 3-4 LB. If by succeed you mean he could be a decent player in a 4-3, yeah, I suppose so. But his best chance at actually being a good, NFL player is in a 3-4.

I guess it depends on your definition of "succeed." I don't think he can actually "succeed" in a 4-3. I see him strictly as a 3-4 LB. If by succeed you mean he could be a decent player in a 4-3, yeah, I suppose so. But his best chance at actually being a good, NFL player is in a 3-4.

I'd agree. His chances of being worthy of a first round pick would be enhanced if he went to a team that runs a 3-4 system. If he went to the Bears I think it would be a disaster.

3-4 LB's can afford to be a bit bigger and thus slower. If Manti Te'o wants to be a 4-3 MLB or OLB, he has to lose 10 pounds.

I'm confused why does he have to drop 10 lbs. If we go by what terra said about Te'o of 6'2" 245 lbs. 4.65 40 time and 24 reps and compare that to URL combine #s of 6'4" 258 lbs. 4.59 40 time with 27 reps. Seem pretty comparable to me. Not saying te'o will ever be URL.

As much as I think he is a lowlife, as you have said I would rout for him if he became a Bear. I think if he is the highest rated player on the board at the time we probably have to take him.

A couple things worth considering.

I would certainly consider him, but I think that his play isn't worthy of the 20th pick in the draft. If the Bears move down or he's available in the 2nd, yes, I'm game.

Secondly, he won't be Tebow, but like it or not, he'll be a significant distraction throughout training camp for both the staff and every player on the team. Every player on the team would have to figure out how to deal with being asked about Te'o, both because of the GF issue and because Notre Dame and the Chicago Area sort of share the same media market/fanbase at some level. That's not a disqualifier, but it's again, something to consider.

I would certainly consider him, but I think that his play isn't worthy of the 20th pick in the draft. If the Bears move down or he's available in the 2nd, yes, I'm game.

Secondly, he won't be Tebow, but like it or not, he'll be a significant distraction throughout training camp for both the staff and every player on the team. Every player on the team would have to figure out how to deal with being asked about Te'o, both because of the GF issue and because Notre Dame and the Chicago Area sort of share the same media market/fanbase at some level. That's not a disqualifier, but it's again, something to consider.

This 100%

Peace :dabears

Yeah, after watching his "highlights" from 2012, there wasn't very much to get excited about. He made some interceptions with a few thrown right at him, and a couple of others that were nice grabs off tips. Considering the competition, and then how he looked against Bama, I would not consider him a first round talent.

There would be a circus, and I don't think Trestman and Tucker need the headache in their first season taking over for coaches who produced a 10-6 season and got canned. I see this draft being BPA, in positions of need, but also players without extra baggage or injury histories.

I'm confused why does he have to drop 10 lbs. If we go by what terra said about Te'o of 6'2" 245 lbs. 4.65 40 time and 24 reps and compare that to URL combine #s of 6'4" 258 lbs. 4.59 40 time with 27 reps. Seem pretty comparable to me. Not saying te'o will ever be URL.

Brian Urlacher, in his prime, plays at a 4.45 40 level. Manti Te'o does not play that fast. Urlacher was a complete freak of nature at his size. Te'o might be stronger, but his athleticism is nowhere close.

Brian Urlacher, in his prime, plays at a 4.45 40 level. Manti Te'o does not play that fast. Urlacher was a complete freak of nature at his size. Te'o might be stronger, but his athleticism is nowhere close.

Urlacher was special Te'o at best will be a good LB. I still think that if a J. Copper/OG or Teo is there, we still need to fill our need at OL first. On a lot of different ranking(who is just someones opinion.) I have seen both rated top 20 players.

U said if te'o was to play a 4-3 MLB he needs to lose 10 lbs. Which would mean he plays at 6'2" and 235. This was why i was confusedcuz thatsundersized

If Te'o ran a 4.65 forty and if he was best available player on the board then yes I'd be happy with the pick. I think the first IF is a serious reach based on what I've seen from him. Plus from what little draft coverage I've read, most analysts expect his forty time to be in the 4.7 range. I think he's going to run closer to 4.75 and that doesn't fit with what I'd want out of a 1st Rd pick MLB.

I think Te'o is a good fit for a 2-gap 4-3 scheme, much less so for our 1-gap scheme. Even if he's not going to make plays on the outside like we used to see Urlacher do in his prime, in a 2-gap scheme he can definitely find the RB and make the tackle at the LOS.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospec...rch?name=Te%27o

NFLDraftScout.com Prospects

Last Name:

Or Search By:

Yr: Pos: School:

Prospect Search Results

NAME COLLEGE POSITION YEAR HEIGHT WEIGHT FORTY POS. RANK

Manti Te'o Notre Dame ILB 2013 6-2 255 4.75 2

Key: * = underclassmen

So ur thinking if drops to 235 he will gain speed. Lol

As opposed to gaining weight? If Alshon Jeffery did speed drills to work on his quickness and agility in the offseason and lost 10 pounds, would he be faster? Yes. If Manti Te'o wants to be a good player for the Bears if he's drafted by them, he must get faster. End of story. He can play at this weight for the Chargers or another 3-4 team for sure. Hell, he can play at 245 with the Bears or a 4-3 team. The problem is, he plays at 245 and it looks like 260. He plays slow. Period. Put your ND bias aside.

If Alshon Jeffery did speed drills in the offseason and lost 10 pounds, would he be faster? Yes. If Manti Te'o wants to be a good player for the Bears if he's drafted by them, he must get faster. End of story. He can play at this weight for the Chargers or another 3-4 team for sure. Hell, he can play at 245 with the Bears or a 4-3 team. The problem is, he plays at 245 and it looks like 260. He plays slow. Period. Put your ND bias aside.

This isnt ND bias. Its facts i provide problem is u don't like the facts i provide. If he drops weight he MAY gain speed or he may not. No one knows for sure. And if u hate his speed u hate almost every MLB in draft. Here some more facts i know u will hate but thats cool. Following info is found at nfldraftbible.com. They have manti listed at 6'2" 255 lbs and 4.6 forty. Compare that to alec ogletree 6'3" 235 lbs and 4.75 forty. Only 2 players in there top 15 MLB are listed at faster than manti. Arthur brown who is 6'0 230 lbs and 4.59 forty and Tom Wort who is 6'0 230 lbs and 4.5 forty. Put ur hatred of ND down. And if u have been paying attention i dont want manti with #20. I would prefer bpa at OL unless a major run happens on them

This isnt ND bias. Its facts i provide problem is u don't like the facts i provide. If he drops weight he MAY gain speed or he may not. No one knows for sure. And if u hate his speed u hate almost every MLB in draft. Here some more facts i know u will hate but thats cool. Following info is found at nfldraftbible.com. They have manti listed at 6'2" 255 lbs and 4.6 forty. Compare that to alec ogletree 6'3" 235 lbs and 4.75 forty. Only 2 players in there top 15 MLB are listed at faster than manti. Arthur brown who is 6'0 230 lbs and 4.59 forty and Tom Wort who is 6'0 230 lbs and 4.5 forty. Put ur hatred of ND down. And if u have been paying attention i dont want manti with #20. I would prefer bpa at OL unless a major run happens on them

Alright, well you go ahead and explain to me why every single NFL draft scout says that Te'o is best fitted for a 3-4 then.

Those 40 times mean nothing. They were taken before the year by their own coaches/managers. This means Mark Richt and Brian Kelly could've handed the waterboys for Georgia and ND some stop watches and said "here, tell me how these guys run." I know for a fact that Alec Ogletree does not play at a 4.75 40 speed. Do you think if Richt thought Ogletree ran a 4.75 truly he'd be on the field? Taylor Mays ran a 4.29 at USC...why? Because they were taken by their own coaches.

Alright, well you go ahead and explain to me why every single NFL draft scout says that Te'o is best fitted for a 3-4 then.

Those 40 times mean nothing. They were taken before the year by their own coaches/managers. This means Mark Richt and Brian Kelly could've handed the waterboys for Georgia and ND some stop watches and said "here, tell me how these guys run." I know for a fact that Alec Ogletree does not play at a 4.75 40 speed. Do you think if Richt thought Ogletree ran a 4.75 truly he'd be on the field? Taylor Mays ran a 4.29 at USC...why? Because they were taken by their own coaches.

He maybe better suited for 3-4. Im not disputing that at all. In regards to system i don't know which is best for him but i think he is worth a 1st rd pick regardless of what system he goes to. I think he can have a good 10+ yrs starting career. If u dont like there 40 times can't we say samething about every single place spouting off 40 times then since combine isn't run yet. Btw 40 times is the most over analysed # in all of football

I bet if manti ran a 4.55 you would change your story and ignore that wouldn't you