Manti Te'o

Guest TerraTor

Since the only college team I watched every game of was Northwestern all I have to base my decisions on is scouting reports and youtube.

The scouting reports tell me this...

Does not possess elite straight-line speed and may struggle to beat the NFL's faster backs to the edge. Was protected by an awfully talented defensive front at Notre Dame and struggled to get off blocks against Alabama when they were unable to keep blockers away from him.

While remarkably productive as a pass defender in 2012, does not possess ideal change-of-direction skills for man coverage responsibilities against NFL pass-catchers. May have shorter than ideal arm-length, which contributed to his slipping off ballcarriers, on occasion. Regardless of the reason, Te'o played poorly in the biggest game of his life... Must reassure NFL teams in the pre-draft process that he is the man of integrity he'd been characterized as throughout his career.

Youtube tells me quite a few of his 7 INTs were "luck" which checks out with the bold statement above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJfkFuJDPd4 (2012 highlights, all his ints are there)

And the fact that we're gonna be running a similar D, which I assume means the boring MLB drop backs into coverage, tells me he might not be a great fit here in Chicago.

I think I'd rather have Roach at MLB.

Since the only college team I watched every game of was Northwestern all I have to base my decisions on is scouting reports and youtube.

The scouting reports tell me this...

Youtube tells me quite a few of his 7 INTs were "luck" which checks out with the bold statement above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJfkFuJDPd4 (2012 highlights, all his ints are there)

And the fact that we're gonna be running a similar D, which I assume means the boring MLB drop backs into coverage, tells me he might not be a great fit here in Chicago.

I think I'd rather have Roach at MLB.

That says not good in man to man. Which i can go along with that having seen every game. But we don't run man to man. Url almost always dropped back and played zone and i think thats an ideal fit for him. Not saying perfect fit for us. Just saying he's a good fit for any zone scheme

He maybe better suited for 3-4. Im not disputing that at all. In regards to system i don't know which is best for him but i think he is worth a 1st rd pick regardless of what system he goes to. I think he can have a good 10+ yrs starting career. If u dont like there 40 times can't we say samething about every single place spouting off 40 times then since combine isn't run yet. Btw 40 times is the most over analysed # in all of football

Actually losing weight and gaining speed is pretty much a given. Test it out yourself. Run 100 meters for time, then run it again with 10 lbs strapped to your back and see how well you do. I know for distance runners, 10 lbs shaves about 30 seconds off a mile.

Teo seems to be a better fit for a 3-4 where he doesn't have to cover as much space.

Actually losing weight and gaining speed is pretty much a given. Test it out yourself. Run 100 meters for time, then run it again with 10 lbs strapped to your back and see how well you do. I know for distance runners, 10 lbs shaves about 30 seconds off a mile.

Teo seems to be a better fit for a 3-4 where he doesn't have to cover as much space.

And its been proven by loads of athletes across all sports that drop weight doesn't necessarily result in better speed. Which is my point. Its no guarantee

Alright, well you go ahead and explain to me why every single NFL draft scout says that Te'o is best fitted for a 3-4 then.

Those 40 times mean nothing. They were taken before the year by their own coaches/managers. This means Mark Richt and Brian Kelly could've handed the waterboys for Georgia and ND some stop watches and said "here, tell me how these guys run." I know for a fact that Alec Ogletree does not play at a 4.75 40 speed. Do you think if Richt thought Ogletree ran a 4.75 truly he'd be on the field? Taylor Mays ran a 4.29 at USC...why? Because they were taken by their own coaches.

My concern with Manti is that he is already at his ceiling as a player. Great work ethic and production in college does not always transfer to the pros. I smelled a rat in the championship game and it still stinks today. I still hold onto my assertion that he will go very late in the first or second.

Alright, well you go ahead and explain to me why every single NFL draft scout says that Te'o is best fitted for a 3-4 then.

Those 40 times mean nothing. They were taken before the year by their own coaches/managers. This means Mark Richt and Brian Kelly could've handed the waterboys for Georgia and ND some stop watches and said "here, tell me how these guys run." I know for a fact that Alec Ogletree does not play at a 4.75 40 speed. Do you think if Richt thought Ogletree ran a 4.75 truly he'd be on the field? Taylor Mays ran a 4.29 at USC...why? Because they were taken by their own coaches.

Maybe Richt didn't give a damn about 40 times, and only cared about having a play-maker? Same thing could be said of Te'o.

If this league were all about measurables, Ryan Leaf would still be throwing lasers to blanketed WRs and Tony Mandarich would be nearing the year where he'd be elected to the HOF.