Mayock

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Today, Mike Mayock had a 150 minute conference call and said 4 players deserve to be the #1 overall pick: Warmack, Cooper, Johnson, and Joeckel (2 guards!).

Thoughts?

To me, this makes me really want the Bears to either take Cooper at 20 or trade down a few spots and select him. He can play G right now and has the versatility to be the C for the next 10 years.

Today, Mike Mayock had a 150 minute conference call and said 4 players deserve to be the #1 overall pick: Warmack, Cooper, Johnson, and Joeckel (2 guards!).

Thoughts?

To me, this makes me really want the Bears to either take Cooper at 20 or trade down a few spots and select him. He can play G right now and has the versatility to be the C for the next 10 years.

I think he also mentioned that most teams don't have barrett jones in 1st 2 rds and that sounds absurd. If he's there at #50 that's a steal i think

Thoughts?

I would not complain with any reasonable OL selection...

If Cooper is good enough to be mentioned as being worthy of the first pick overall then absolutely he should join the Bears with our 20th pick. I know most teams won't have their board setup like Mayock's but if Mayock is right on Cooper's talent then he should be top 10 on any board. Can't wait for the combine to put some of this speculation to rest.

I would pass on Jones, the experts are exposing him and he's dropping. I'd go Reddick MLB or Frederick at C/G if he is still on the board, or even a TE if ones has slipped.

I watched plenty of Jones in action. I'm not sure why everyone is down on him right now. Barring further injury, he's going to be a good NFL starter for years to come.