Would you trade the 1st RD pick

ASHKUM BEAR

Would you trade our 2013 first round pick for a 2014 first round and a 2013 third round pick?

Lets say Kansas City drafts the OLT Joeckel with the first pick, and then wants to be sure they get QB Matt Barkley also. They give up the 2014 first round selection along with the 63 pick in RD3. It would hurt us this season, but next year we will be loaded to get a premier player or two, and we also get the top pick in RD3.

2014 prospects??

DE- Jadeveon Clowney SC

OLT - Taylor Lewan Mich

OLT - Jake Matthews Texas AM

OLT - Cyrus Kouandjo AL

OLT - David Yankey Stan

It's definately a thought to consider, especially if we think the make or break player that would get us to the superbowl is a Jonathon Cooper G. Here's how the draft could play out

RD2-50 Dallas Thomas G Ten

RD3-63 Travis Frederick G/C Wis

RD4-113 Kevin Reddick LB NC

RD5-145 Josh Boyce WR TCU

RD6-180 Chris Gragg TE Ark

Would you trade our 2013 first round pick for a 2014 first round and a 2013 third round pick?

Lets say Kansas City drafts the OLT Joeckel with the first pick, and then wants to be sure they get QB Matt Barkley also. They give up the 2014 first round selection along with the 63 pick in RD3. It would hurt us this season, but next year we will be loaded to get a premier player or two, and we also get the top pick in RD3.

2014 prospects??

DE- Jadeveon Clowney SC

OLT - Taylor Lewan Mich

OLT - Jake Matthews Texas AM

OLT - Cyrus Kouandjo AL

OLT - David Yankey Stan

It's definately a thought to consider, especially if we think the make or break player that would get us to the superbowl is a Jonathon Cooper G. Here's how the draft could play out

RD2-50 Dallas Thomas G Ten

RD3-63 Travis Frederick G/C Wis

RD4-113 Kevin Reddick LB NC

RD5-145 Josh Boyce WR TCU

RD6-180 Chris Gragg TE Ark

I would love to get clowney but risking this yr and then Hoping like hell kc sucks again is to much of a risk IMO especially in a media central like Chicag. That wouldn't play out well

It's a thought, but idk man. I'd rather just trade down and get enough top end talent this year, I really think we can win a title. A 6th round TE would make me a sad panda if we can't grab one in FA.

I also think if the Chiefs can hit on a QB they won't be THAT bad.

True, I keep wishing we could land an OLT in the draft and don't see it unless for some reason Lane Johnson falls.Next year, there will be a few and that's how I thought of this.

Don't like the deal. We have a playoff ready D and we have a lot of playoff ready players on the offense. We need to try to get it all right in this offseason and make a run at the Superbowl. Dropping back especially with so little in return this year makes no sense to me. If our team were more playoff caliber ala NE which sometimes makes deals like this then maybe. We need a big hit at either Oline, TE, or LB in Rd 1 of this draft. I'd consider the idea of dropping back into early second Rd and adding a 3rd and a day 3 pick but depends on what we do with FA.