Webb Nation

scs787

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think its best case scenario because of how cheap he will be. I personally think he will be solid next year but thats just me.

Grab a LT prospect that Kromer would like to work with in the later rounds.

You're right. It's just you.

For his salary, his performance is good. But that's because he's paid next to nothing, so you feel like he's a bargain. It's like buying a car for $200. If it drives off the lot and lasts you a year, you've made a good deal. But that doesn't mean you wouldn't have been better off with a brand new car, or a slightly used car that has been performing well.

If the Bears don't end up with a replacement for Webb in either FA, the draft, or if another player on the team wins the job (if actually given a fair shake at the job), then this offseason will be a failure.

For his salary, his performance is good. But that's because he's paid next to nothing, so you feel like he's a bargain. It's like buying a car for $200. If it drives off the lot and lasts you a year, you've made a good deal. But that doesn't mean you wouldn't have been better off with a brand new car, or a slightly used car that has been performing well.

If the Bears don't end up with a replacement for Webb in either FA, the draft, or if another player on the team wins the job (if actually given a fair shake at the job), then this offseason will be a failure.

Well look forward to thinking the offseason was a failure because I think he gets the nod.

Guest TerraTor

Couldnt agree more. That guy is a complete useless ass

Bushrod has a All pro mark on his resume, dont even try to compare with Webb. If we cant buy a LT, then Webb may be back there, but not because of his play.

Ya I probably shouldn't compare a player who ranked 45th in pass protection with a guy who ranked 35th...or a guy who gave up a hurry every 15 snaps with a guy who gave up a hurry every 20.

Such a stupid comparison on my part...my bad

So just because Bushrod is dogs***, we should keep Webb because he's ONLY horses***? I don't think anyone said they really want Bushrod. I think the point is that he has had a good career and he has that connection with Kromer. J'Marcus Webb is not a good LT. In fact, he's not even average. He's pretty bad, and the Bears have a lot of money invested in Forte, Cutler, and Marshall. Why not invest something in the guys to protect Cutler so he can get the ball to these two? I don't mind taking a T late to develop, but if they're going to just hand the LT job to Webb, it's a huge mistake. Two years ago, he ended the year with 12 flags and 14 sacks given up. This past year, he was handed the job after a horrible season, and improved SLIGHTLY (not a lot). So, why hand it to him again?

Agree with the salary issue. Disagree with te car analogy. 200 dollar cars to not get get better each year, nor are they newer models. Webb will continue to get better for the next 4/5 years. There is upside there. Lastly, he had competition last year and unfortunately Williams sucked on a less talented level. I do agree that someone needs to come in and compete for the starting position. More importantly, the interior needs a severe upgrade.

J'Marcus Webb is not a good LT. In fact, he's not even average. He's pretty bad, and the Bears have a lot of money invested in Forte, Cutler, and Marshall. Why not invest something in the guys to protect Cutler so he can get the ball to these two? I don't mind taking a T late to develop, but if they're going to just hand the LT job to Webb, it's a huge mistake. Two years ago, he ended the year with 12 flags and 14 sacks given up. This past year, he was handed the job after a horrible season, and improved SLIGHTLY (not a lot). So, why hand it to him again?

Disagree that Webb is pretty bad. I would place him at slightly below average and rising. Again, he won the position against someone who sucked worse. And completely disagree that he only improved slightly. Lastly, if you take one game off the books for him he grades out slightly above average. Again, totally agree the job should not be handed and I'm hoping for better competition. But, we really need to concentrate on upgrading OG before anything.

Disagree that Webb is pretty bad. I would place him at slightly below average and rising. Again, he won the position against someone who sucked worse. And completely disagree that he only improved slightly. Lastly, if you take one game off the books for him he grades out slightly above average. Again, totally agree the job should not be handed and I'm hoping for better competition. But, we really need to concentrate on upgrading OG before anything.

Exactly. He had 2 pretty bad games against guys who almost everyone in the league had bad games against. Take those games away and he was well above average. Again..In 3 games Jared Allen and JJ Watt got blanked again Webb. What's that tell you?

Exactly. He had 2 pretty bad games against guys who almost everyone in the league had bad games against. Take those games away and he was well above average. Again..In 3 games Jared Allen and JJ Watt got blanked again Webb. What's that tell you?

Not just that, but in the worst scheme setup imaginable. "Here, go block this guy one on one the whole game while we try to throw it deep and don't run the ball". Augh.

That said, some people aren't going to be convinced, and I'll respect that. For all I know, management may not be convinced. On that one, we'll see.

Ya I probably shouldn't compare a player who ranked 45th in pass protection with a guy who ranked 35th...or a guy who gave up a hurry every 15 snaps with a guy who gave up a hurry every 20.

Such a stupid comparison on my part...my bad

I know your trying to make a case for Webb but the fact is, is every GM in the league would take Bushrod over Webb and that is a fact you cant change.

Not just that, but in the worst scheme setup imaginable. "Here, go block this guy one on one the whole game while we try to throw it deep and don't run the ball". Augh.

That said, some people aren't going to be convinced, and I'll respect that. For all I know, management may not be convinced. On that one, we'll see.

Well said.

I know your trying to make a case for Webb but the fact is, is every GM in the league would take Bushrod over Webb and that is a fact you cant change.

GMs that want a good run blocker at LT sure. I wouldn't pay 7M for an upgrade in run blocking. If we want a better run blocker at LT then move Carimi to LT.

Would you pay 7M for a guy who over the last 3 years has given up the 5th most hurries over the last 3 years?

Here's some Saints fans take on Bushrod...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=513098

This guy sums up everyones thoughts...

So it seems the general consensus is he's not a LT, fortunately for him, he got into the Pro Bowl at LT TWICE off his name/Saints reputation, so he has no reason to move and some team will be dumb enough to throw a LT contract at him. Oh well, we'll likely get a high compensation pick for it so I ain't mad Cool

Side note-

stumbled upon this when looking up all things Bushrod... http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/tag/_/nam...ushrod/count/16 (

Troy offensive lineman James Brown could be a target for the Saints in the middle rounds. The Saints have a good history when taking offensive linemen from smaller schools in the middle rounds. They got guard Jahri Evans and tackle Jermon Bushrod in the fourth round.

maybe he's the type of guy Kromer will turn into the next Evans or Bushrod.

Well said.

GMs that want a good run blocker at LT sure. I wouldn't pay 7M for an upgrade in run blocking. If we want a better run blocker at LT then move Carimi to LT.

Would you pay 7M for a guy who over the last 3 years has given up the 5th most hurries over the last 3 years?

I would not pay him 7mil, 5 would do, but that would be it. I am talking about upgrading the position and my first choice would be Beatty at a higher price, Bushrod has a connection with Kroner and if thats all we get, I would take him. Albert would be my second choice and none of those 3 are going to be paid 7 mil. There are all better than Webb, freak PFF, if you cant see it with your eyes you need to start watching Soccer.

Beatty and Albert are probably looking at close to 7. Find me a good statement about Bushrods pass protection and it'll be the first I've seen. It's hard for me to justify giving a player even 5M for a guy who is a worse pass protector than Webb. Every report I'm reading on him is his guards are carrying him in pass protection...Which is why I'm calling for Levitre to do much of the same.

Beatty and Albert are probably looking at close to 7. Find me a good statement about Bushrods pass protection and it'll be the first I've seen. It's hard for me to justify giving a player even 5M for a guy who is a worse pass protector than Webb. Every report I'm reading on him is his guards are carrying him in pass protection...Which is why I'm calling for Levitre to do much of the same.

The point of your thread was about Webb Bushrod only came up as another choice. Since we dont have lots of money we may have to settle for Webb, but going from worst to bad , doesnt make him better. If he takes a step forward I am all for it, but my point is we have to have another choice, we cant keep letting Cutler get killed while we wait for the incumbents to take another step forward to the 24th best OLine in the league. Give me a couple more bodies on the OLine and let the best players win, it is as simple as that. I personally dont think Webb we be anything better than a backup, I wish I was wrong.