Hester back to returner

AZ54

The boss said it and he has to "compete" for the job:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...r-returner.html

Along with this statement Emery also said losing Knox means we have a void in need of a speed WR. Pretty clear that isn't you Hester. :crying Looks like trade bait for a late rd pick...where a team would be drafting a PR/KR anyway. A bad team with cap space that needs a big name to help sell tickets would fit the bill nicely.

Along with this statement Emery also said losing Knox means we have a void in need of a speed WR. Pretty clear that isn't you Hester. :crying Looks like trade bait for a late rd pick...where a team would be drafting a PR/KR anyway. A bad team with cap space that needs a big name to help sell tickets would fit the bill nicely.

Nuf said...

I dont see anybody dumb enough to trade for Hester(Lovie didnt get a job) Watch the tape and we all can see it aint there. Could it come back, I very much doubt it . Way to much money for a KR on a team with cap problems.

and a ntoher interesting takeaway from that article is the possibilityof McCellin moving to LB...

in KC..

I posted that tongue in cheek in response to another post about someone being dumb enough to trade for Hester. All kidding aside Toub's reputation has been helped tremendously by Hester's exploits and I wouldn't be surprised if he lobbied Andy Reid for a chance to add him to the mix in KC.

I dont see anybody dumb enough to trade for Hester(Lovie didnt get a job) Watch the tape and we all can see it aint there. Could it come back, I very much doubt it . Way to much money for a KR on a team with cap problems.

Half the league has cap problems the other half doesn't. Which is why I said a bad team with lots of cap space would do this. There are always bad teams that overpay to bring in a big name player who is that end of his career to help sell tickets. Having lived through many years in the heart of AZ Cardinals territory I've seen it here with Emmitt Smith and Edgerrin James. Hester is not a bad PR/KR, he's just not as great as he was.

Could even be a team that is middle of the pack like the Bears but has cap space yet prefers to trade the late pick for a proven returner versus drafting a rookie. Someone will bite for a late round pick.

I posted that tongue in cheek in response to another post about someone being dumb enough to trade for Hester. All kidding aside Toub's reputation has been helped tremendously by Hester's exploits and I wouldn't be surprised if he lobbied Andy Reid for a chance to add him to the mix in KC.

I think Toub is a smart guy and sees what we see. So then why would they trade, when he knows we will be cutting him due to his salary. He will cost the Bears 2.9 mil if he stays this year. Where as if we cut him dead cap money would be 833 thou. If we cut him, someone may offer him a mill to be a KR/PR, and be able to cut him if he aint got it anymore.

I think Toub is a smart guy and sees what we see. So then why would they trade, when he knows we will be cutting him due to his salary. He will cost the Bears 2.9 mil if he stays this year. Where as if we cut him dead cap money would be 833 thou. If we cut him, someone may offer him a mill to be a KR/PR, and be able to cut him if he aint got it anymore.

Whether Toub is smart or not doesn't matter when Andy Reid will be the one who would have to pull the trigger and that is why I stated he could lobby for him. Because I don't care to keep track of when bonuses are due and when money gets guaranteed for the season I can see Hester still here until he is owed the whole salary. I'm not sure who represents him but, I could see them asking for a trade just to see where the Bears are at.

Whether Toub is smart or not doesn't matter when Andy Reid will be the one who would have to pull the trigger and that is why I stated he could lobby for him. Because I don't care to keep track of when bonuses are due and when money gets guaranteed for the season I can see Hester still here until he is owed the whole salary. I'm not sure who represents him but, I could see them asking for a trade just to see where the Bears are at.

Im not sure its a good idea when NFL players arent sure they want to play football anymore. He is done and hope we know better to have him back.