Barrett Jones Surgery

lemonej

His expected recovery is 4 months and should be able to take the field for May mini camps.With so many of the top prospects recovering from injury, I'm wondering if this drops him into the 2nd rd around the Bears pick. In Rd 2 I would take the plunge.

I think he'll be taken somewhere in the 3rd. If it was between Travis Frederick C/G Wis and Barrett Jones C/G AL, I would go Frederick all day.

I think he'll be taken somewhere in the 3rd. If it was between Travis Frederick C/G Wis and Barrett Jones C/G AL, I would go Frederick all day.

Since we currently don't have a 3rd I think that 2nd rounder may be open to more gambling. I'm looking at Wagner who played on the same line who didn't fare so well at the bench press so far at the Combine and couple that with Carimi getting blasted off the line by smaller guys in the NFL and I think that some of the Badger OL recently are a bit overrated.

BTW Jones also played LT at Ala.

Since we currently don't have a 3rd I think that 2nd rounder may be open to more gambling. I'm looking at Wagner who played on the same line who didn't fare so well at the bench press so far at the Combine and couple that with Carimi getting blasted off the line by smaller guys in the NFL and I think that some of the Badger OL recently are a bit overrated.

BTW Jones also played LT at Ala.

He won't be playing LT in the NFL.

Wagner not fairing well in the bench press means nothing for Frederick.

He won't be playing LT in the NFL.

Wagner not fairing well in the bench press means nothing for Frederick.

With Bruce Matthews name being used as a player he compares to from his head coach Nick Saban who knows a little about some players makes me standup and notice.

Wagner plus what we have seen out of every prospect since Joe Staley tells me that some of the Badger OL are a bit overrated.Wisconsin is a great college program but since Barry Alvarez stopped coaching their players haven't transitioned well to the NFL

With Bruce Matthews name being used as a player he compares to from his head coach Nick Saban who knows a little about some players makes me standup and notice.

Wagner plus what we have seen out of every prospect since Joe Staley tells me that some of the Badger OL are a bit overrated.Wisconsin is a great college program but since Barry Alvarez stopped coaching their players haven't transitioned well to the NFL

Nearly every report I've read about Jones says he's better suited for the interior. He's got short arms.

It's probably because they run a predominantly power run based offense. Carimi is a damn good run blocker as well...

Staley went to Central Michigan.

We enough enough injury prone guys on our OL

Like who? Louis tore his ACL on an illegal hit. Garza and Webb are never hurt.

It's a coaches' job to say things like thatabout his players coming out of college. If he talks guys up and they get drafted highly, it helps his recruiting program.

It's a coaches' job to say things like thatabout his players coming out of college. If he talks guys up and they get drafted highly, it helps his recruiting program.

Since Jones is currently highly touted at interior after playing OT the previous year the comment speaks to his versatilty.Bruce Matthews made all-pro at 3 different OL positions and Jones has made all American at 3 different positions. I don't believe I can remember any OL prospect that has accomplished that regardless of what his coach says about him to enhance his recruiting,Jones accomplishments are a fact and this happened in the most competitive conference in the country.