Bears looking to bring back

Stinger226

I have been reading Bears reporters tweets and it has been stated that they wish to bring back Idonije, Scott, and Louis. That Carmi is figured to be a flexible player G and T. so what does all that tell us?

Does the possiblity exist that McCellan goes to LB if they bring back Idonije? Emery stated he could play other positions?

If they bring back Scott, I would say he is our RT?

With Louis coming back our RG? I suppose that depends on health.

Carmi being flexible, does that mean he goes to LG?

It has been stated they are looking at 2 FAgent OTs. So if thats the case, whoever it is, that Webb becomes our swing tackle?

If all this is true, what would our first 2 draft picks be, considering Emery stated, those picks should be starters.

Maybe a TE, and WR? Then in the 4th and 5th some olinemen to add depth?

Sort it out and let me know what you think?

I have been reading Bears reporters tweets and it has been stated that they wish to bring back Idonije, Scott, and Louis. That Carmi is figured to be a flexible player G and T. so what does all that tell us?

Does the possiblity exist that McCellan goes to LB if they bring back Idonije? Emery stated he could play other positions?

It has been stated they are looking at 2 FAgent OTs. So if thats the case, whoever it is, that Webb becomes our swing tackle?

If all this is true, what would our first 2 draft picks be, considering Emery stated, those picks should be starters.

Sort it out and let me know what you think?

Let's take all this with q grain of salt though. If he's smart he lays out some truth and some false info in a way to make sure other teams don't know what hes thinking. He said 2 FA tackles so my thinking is he wants to bring in at least 2 tackles using both FA and draf. I do believe he would prefer to have webb as the swing tackle. I do think Louis is starting guard but like u said depends on health. In regards to SMC i believe he will be that swing DE and will have several packages as a LB as well in order to get most out of his talents

Biggest thing that does is beg the question, how do we sign those guys and bring back Melton when we have 11 milliopn in cap space?

Anything is possible, but don't we need a 3rd down DE like McClellan with great speed to get the qb?

Zac Zaidman on the SCORE was saying Scott it a back-up swing tackle

He'll be hard pressed to be ready for opening day

That's be my guess

Like it or not, Webb appears to be a starter at LT or RT

o-line and TE in either order. LB is a possibility, but I look for us to take care of that via free agency or bring back Urlacher

At WR, we'll be looking for a slot receiver who can stretch the field. A Johnny Knox type. I don't see us spending much on this

I've gotta agree with most all of the above bard.

I think I'd rather have Carimi on the right side though. He's not that good in pass protection but he's a mauler in the run game. I'd rather have better pass protectors on the left side. Andy Levitre would be fantastic at LG.

Right now my hope for the line is J'Marcus "haters gonna hate" Webb-Levitre-Garza-Cooper-Carimi.

I think I'd rather have Carimi on the right side though. He's not that good in pass protection but he's a mauler in the run game. I'd rather have better pass protectors on the left side. Andy Levitre would be fantastic at LG.

Right now my hope for the line is J'Marcus "haters gonna hate" Webb-Levitre-Garza-Cooper-Carimi.

In today's NFL you need good pass protectors on both sides because of the 3-4 defense teams are switching where the pressure is coming from and even the Bears have switched Peppers to the right side and to DT. Just like you never have enough pass rushers, you never have enough good pass protectors.

In today's NFL you need good pass protectors on both sides because of the 3-4 defense teams are switching where the pressure is coming from and even the Bears have switched Peppers to the right side and to DT. Just like you never have enough pass rushers, you never have enough good pass protectors.

This is true but at least if you have the lesser pass protectors on the right side the QB can see them coming if they get through. The hope is Carimi sucked on pass protection due to the injury and not being able to get to full strength. But there is no question about his run blocking which is a plus at RT.

This is true but at least if you have the lesser pass protectors on the right side the QB can see them coming if they get through. The hope is Carimi sucked on pass protection due to the injury and not being able to get to full strength. But there is no question about his run blocking which is a plus at RT.

My hope is Carimi stops reminding me of Marc Colombo.

I wish I was wrong but we aint spending a lot of money on a OG,. what Levitre will cost anyway. Since our cap money aint great we will be second tier shopping.

I wish I was wrong but we aint spending a lot of money on a OG,. what Levitre will cost anyway. Since our cap money aint great we will be second tier shopping.

There was a story that the Bears were considering making a run at Ryan Clady or Jake Long. Why would we consider that if we were that limited in cap space?

I don't understand all the intricacies of the cap but the media is often wrong. Two years ago heading into the start of the season we had $500,000 in cap space. Then we sign Brandon Meriweather for 3+ million. Loyd (the Capmeister) always had far different versions of the cap situation than the media.

We can make it work if we want. We may have to restructure Tillman and or/Peppers. We may need to let Melton walk. The new staff seems to be fixated on protecting the QB. If we could get ONE stud lineman, that would go a long way.

There was a story that the Bears were considering making a run at Ryan Clady or Jake Long. Why would we consider that if we were that limited in cap space?

I don't understand all the intricacies of the cap but the media is often wrong. Two years ago heading into the start of the season we had $500,000 in cap space. Then we sign Brandon Meriweather for 3+ million. Loyd (the Capmeister) always had far different versions of the cap situation than the media.

We can make it work if we want. We may have to restructure Tillman and or/Peppers. We may need to let Melton walk. The new staff seems to be fixated on protecting the QB. If we could get ONE stud lineman, that would go a long way.

They are always different reports, but I think all you do is add up the top 51 contracts and that gives u the number. There are different ways to make it work, but that is up to someone smarter than me. I think we get a couple of second tier players, and hope that is an upgrade. I would like to say lets get Levite, Beatty, and throw in M. Wallace. It just aint going to happen.

Vollmer aint going anywhere, the Pats wont let him get away. THERE SMARTER THAN US

Possibly, yeah, but I can sit here and say the Chiefs will keep Albert, Broncos will retain Clady, Miami will hold onto Long, Beatty will stay in NY, and Bushrod will sign elsewhere.

Vollmer is the best T available, it just sucks he plays RT, where everyone wants to continue to give Carimi the benefit of the doubt even though he is horrendous and worse than Webb.

Guest TerraTor

If they are serious about fixing the OL, Clady will be on the team.. Peppers will be restructured cuz there is no way Melton gets away. He is the best pass rushing DT in the league and hes 26, not even in his prime yet.

AS long as u arnt way over the cap, there isnt any need to worry. I imagine Cliff Stein is still around?

If they are serious about fixing the OL, Clady will be on the team.. Peppers will be restructured cuz there is no way Melton gets away. He is the best pass rushing DT in the league and hes 26, not even in his prime yet.

AS long as u arnt way over the cap, there isnt any need to worry. I imagine Cliff Stein is still around?

0% chance Clady is not a Bronco come September 2013.

If you are serious about fixing the Bulls MJ and Pippen will be on the team........

John Elway has already stated he will be Tagged or resigned

Possibly, yeah, but I can sit here and say the Chiefs will keep Albert, Broncos will retain Clady, Miami will hold onto Long, Beatty will stay in NY, and Bushrod will sign elsewhere.

Vollmer is the best T available, it just sucks he plays RT, where everyone wants to continue to give Carimi the benefit of the doubt even though he is horrendous and worse than Webb.

There is a real good chance KC drafts a LT with the first pick, so Albert might be available, since he stated he doesnt want to play OG. Bushrod has a tie here, so why say he will sign else where? Your probably right about the rest. Pats wont let V go he was the best RT in the league last year.

Clady will be tagged, end of that dream. Peppers contract is restructed to put the money on the end and that prohibits us from a long term deal with Cutler. Melton could be let go, if he is stuborn with the 8 mil a year figure. They can due some cap dancing but it would never be enough to grab both Clady and keep Melton. that would be 18 mil we would of had to come up with, never happen.