WR/RB/QB Combine Day

Bears4Ever_34

I think you're right on Goodwin, but Tavon Austin was already being considered for a late first round pick before the combine. You have to think with these results he's almost guaranteed himself as a lock to be a first rounder.

If Lane Johnson isn't available at 20 for us, I am taking Tavon Austin. Just my two cents.

I think you're right on Goodwin, but Tavon Austin was already being considered for a late first round pick before the combine. You have to think with these results he's almost guaranteed himself as a lock to be a first rounder.

If Lane Johnson isn't available at 20 for us, I am taking Tavon Austin. Just my two cents.

That will never happen, I wont mind that, but there will be many options for a speed guy in the 4th, I see Austin as a (Randall Cobb) type, which would be great, but still think the 1st round will be a OL, no tackle, then one of the top two guards will fall.

I've never thought Austin was a realistic target (I wouldn't take him with our first pick and he'll be gone by our second) and while I know Goodwin is fast, I've not been overly impressed by the highlights I've seen of him. I just like seeing a lot of WRs run fast, which might push a nice speedy receiver like Markus Wheaton, Josh Boyce, or Kenny Stills into play in the 4th when our pick comes up again.

I've never thought Austin was a realistic target (I wouldn't take him with our first pick and he'll be gone by our second) and while I know Goodwin is fast, I've not been overly impressed by the highlights I've seen of him. I just like seeing a lot of WRs run fast, which might push a nice speedy receiver like Markus Wheaton, Josh Boyce, or Kenny Stills into play in the 4th when our pick comes up again.

Those are 3 names I am looking at. I think one will fall there. I would say it would be really nice if we could trade down, and get a third to make sure we get one of those guys. If we trade down we could still get a starting OG like Warford or even Jones will be there, early 2nd

Guest TerraTor
Those are 3 names I am looking at. I think one will fall there. I would say it would be really nice if we could trade down, and get a third to make sure we get one of those guys. If we trade down we could still get a starting OG like Warford or even Jones will be there, early 2nd

Take Ryan Swope in the 5th

Fills the role we are lookin for

Take Ryan Swope in the 5th

Fills the role we are lookin for

He reminds me of Sanzenbacher and Haas. Everyone wants the next Wes Welker. I'd rather get a good player than to try to match Welker (small, white, quick). Swope's hands are tiny. I'll take Boyce or Wheaton in the 4th over some small white guy in the 5th.

Guest TerraTor
He reminds me of Sanzenbacher and Haas. Everyone wants the next Wes Welker. I'd rather get a good player than to try to match Welker (small, white, quick). Swope's hands are tiny. I'll take Boyce or Wheaton in the 4th over some small white guy in the 5th.

he ran a 4.34 at 6.05' 205lb and caught the ball well

I m with you Boyce or Wheaton would fit just find.Stills-Okla or Sanders-South Car could be added to that list. Sanders didnt run well in the combine but will show more speed at his Pro Day.

Tavon is a first round pick. Probably somewhere between 15 & 25.

After watching him catch the ball on that drill where they run across the field catching passes from the left/right alternately I'd say yes. It wasn't his pass catching that caught my eye, he isn't what I'd call a natural receiver with his hands, using his body quite a bit, and IMO that's a bit of a problem for a guy who isn't that big. Of course catching him will be the problem. It was his cut at the end of the drill, one foot planted and he was gone upfield at full speed. Second half of the first round seems reasonable.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000014...-learned-sunday

You take Austin over Cooper? No way. That would be horrible draft pick usage for the Bears.

I cannot see taking any WR before the 4th round pick. I would rather get a TE who can catch and block vs a WR who is not going to be more than a #3. In the 1st or 2nd would almost be a wasted pick, yeah you want BPA, but there is also utilization as well.