WR/RB/QB Combine Day

Bears4Ever_34

If Johnson, Cooper, Joeckel, Warmack, and Fisher are gone at 20 and Fluker isn't worth it at 20 to Emery, I trade back. I don't take Austin just because. I let Houston or SF jump teams to pick Austin. With their 1st, I take Larry Warford maybe or Eifert. With my 2nd and 3rd then, I take the best T and best WR available.

If Johnson, Cooper, Joeckel, Warmack, and Fisher are gone at 20 and Fluker isn't worth it at 20 to Emery, I trade back. I don't take Austin just because. I let Houston or SF jump teams to pick Austin. With their 1st, I take Larry Warford maybe or Eifert. With my 2nd and 3rd then, I take the best T and best WR available.

If all 5 of those are gone at 20, that means someone else is falling to us. Either we get someone with great value or we trade down, get an extra pick, and still get someone we want (for less money too).

If all 5 of those are gone at 20, that means someone else is falling to us. Either we get someone with great value or we trade down, get an extra pick, and still get someone we want (for less money too).

So if those 5 are gone and Sheldon Richardson or Cordarelle Patterson fall because of that, take them? No. Trade down, get a 1st and a 3rd, take Eifert or Warford, and go WR/T/LB with your next 3 picks, preferrably T/LB/WR in order.

So if those 5 are gone and Sheldon Richardson or Cordarelle Patterson fall because of that, take them? No. Trade down, get a 1st and a 3rd, take Eifert or Warford, and go WR/T/LB with your next 3 picks, preferrably T/LB/WR in order.

There would be no point wasting #20 on a WR, if someone wants them, let them move up to our slot and take them for an extra pick. There are some really deep positions and we can get a couple of impact players in the first few rounds that can immediately upgrade multiple positions (OL, TE).

There would be no point wasting #20 on a WR, if someone wants them, let them move up to our slot and take them for an extra pick. There are some really deep positions and we can get a couple of impact players in the first few rounds that can immediately upgrade multiple positions (OL, TE).

Sorry, I thought you were disagreeing with me.

But another early WR? Are there enough balls to go around? I don't think so, at least not until the OL gets fixed.

The way I look at it with Austin is that his versatility as a runner, receiver, and returner makes him more valuable, and it's because he can have an impact in multiple areas of the game. You have to think with a new offensive mind running the ship this year they will use someone with his skill set in a variety of ways. It would be interesting to see him used in spot situations as a motioned in running back while Forte flanks out to receiver. Kid is a matchup nightmare.

Again, just my two cents. Cooper makes a lot of sense too. I still am giving Austin the edge though.

The way I look at it with Austin is that his versatility as a runner, receiver, and returner makes him more valuable, and it's because he can have an impact in multiple areas of the game. You have to think with a new offensive mind running the ship this year they will use someone with his skill set in a variety of ways. It would be interesting to see him used in spot situations as a motioned in running back while Forte flanks out to receiver. Kid is a matchup nightmare.

Again, just my two cents. Cooper makes a lot of sense too. I still am giving Austin the edge though.

When you have such glaring weaknesses on the line, you just simply cant address that position in the first round. He would be a good addition, but that aint happening. TE will be addressed before our 4 th WR position.

I can see your optimism; it's something Chicago fans have in excess. And he may be a matchup nightmare. The idea of having a stable of stud WRs is something I've been talking about for years (why I wanted TO and Moss the FIRST time they became FAs). I just don't see it working unless Cutler is protected.