Second tier LT prospects

Stinger226

Odds of us signing a top type LT in FAgency is slim especially, if we try to resign Melton.

SO here are our choices:(no particular order)

Max Starks- older but maybe a stop gap for a year

Wil Svitek- played well last year, older but maybe a stop gap for a year

King Dunlap- a little younger and maybe can last 3 years (not great) but I will accept average at this point

Jason Smith- a second player overall bust in 2009, maybe Kroner can bring him up to par ( Im reaching with this one)

I think due to his age, Dunlap would be an inexpensive choice, and if he WEBB beats him out, I will have to eat some crow.

None of them will be any good here if left on an island like Webb has been. You put a good LG next to Webb and he'll be just as good as these guys...Even just drafting Cooper and playing him at LG would elevate the play of Webb and the rest of the line big time.

The only way Webb starts again is if we cant afford to bring in a replacement. Our offense will be different but you CANT let him have that spot without competition. Watch the tape on him and put those stats sites to a rest. He aint that good.

The only way Webb starts again is if we cant afford to bring in a replacement. Our offense will be different but you CANT let him have that spot without competition. Watch the tape on him and put those stats sites to a rest. He aint that good.

Where can I find said tape? I'd love to rewatch the whole year and see just how much he "sucks"....The only tape I've seen was him get dominated 1v1 against Smith and Matthews. Which is an idiot plan of attack.

You don't think he'd do better with a legit LG next to him? He's already at a hair below average with just some dreadful LGs next to him. I believe he becomes an above average LT with even a guy like Cooper next to him.

Like Pompei said in his most recent article "a dominant guard can lift an entire offensive line, if not a standard-size SUV."

Where can I find said tape? I'd love to rewatch the whole year and see just how much he "sucks"....The only tape I've seen was him get dominated 1v1 against Smith and Matthews. Which is an idiot plan of attack.

You don't think he'd do better with a legit LG next to him? He's already at a hair below average with just some dreadful LGs next to him. I believe he becomes an above average LT with even a guy like Cooper next to him.

Like Pompei said in his most recent article "a dominant guard can lift an entire offensive line, if not a standard-size SUV."

I agree the better players we stick around him will make him look better. It is not that I dont want him to succeed, its just I dont think he has it in him. this year I recorded all the Bear games, and he just didnt look good to me.