TE Options expanding

AZ54

I've seen several comments about how good a group (for receiving) the TEs looked. It appears we'll have more good options outside of the first round.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-br...ys-workout.html

Hopefully we get a Jimmy Graham type. I'm not as concerned about inline blocking ability a maybe I should be. My thought has always been, if hes a threat he takes a defender regardless.

Hopefully we get a Jimmy Graham type. I'm not as concerned about inline blocking ability a maybe I should be. My thought has always been, if hes a threat he takes a defender regardless.

I agree completely.

Whenever I see or think of Spaeth, I picture a defense that is allowed to creep that much closer to the offense. And when I think of the philosophy of which you speak (i.e. if the TE goes out, he occupies a defender one way or the other), I picture the brilliant quick pass Cutler made to Olsen against the Cowboys when he shot through the middle for something like a 50+yd TD.

All of the above is why I think the starting TE we need is already on the roster.