DL/LB Combine Day

Bears4Ever_34

I smile because I know Lovie is no longer in charge of the team. He'd have out a tube of Jergens preparing for the DL combine drills. Hell, he's unemployed and still probably trying to sneak in a back door or peak through a crack in a window to watch DL drills.

Problem is Ogletree, is to light in the ass. First knock on him is he can stand up to the run. But the kid is fast. Teo to slow and his postion drills didnt help either. I was hoping to see what Klien could do, he screwed up as well then twisted his ankle on the screwup. The more I look at this class of linbackers the more I think to bring Url back. This year they seem all highbred safties. Not like Url was, But lighter and not as fast as he was when he came out.

I found one mock that had us trading back a few spots with the Colts and taking Arthur Brown. Nothing was said on what we'd get but if it got us a 3rd I'd be happy although I think we'd be tossing in something else to close the deal. Brown in Rd 1 seems like a reach. Bring back Url for a year, put this kid with his speed and playmaking ability outside him at SLB for a year to learn and Briggs on the other side and we'd have a pretty good LB corps, and our future MLB. Use next two picks on Oline and TE.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players...84/arthur-brown

The DBs are coming up at the combine and that will usually shake things up in the top 20. Hopefully enough to push some of the Oline down to us.

Problem is Ogletree, is to light in the ass. First knock on him is he can stand up to the run. But the kid is fast. Teo to slow and his postion drills didnt help either. I was hoping to see what Klien could do, he screwed up as well then twisted his ankle on the screwup. The more I look at this class of linbackers the more I think to bring Url back. This year they seem all highbred safties. Not like Url was, But lighter and not as fast as he was when he came out.

Agreed wholeheartedly. The LBs with skills this year all have flaws, whether they be personal or on the field.

The two linebackers that impressed me the most were Bostic and Gooden. Gooden has incredible explosion and speed to go along with a linebacker physique. I don't know where he's projected to go, but I like the way he showed up at the combine.

I wish Arthur Brown would have done more than just the broad jump. He was one of the guys I was interested in seeing how he ran. Ogletree makes a lot of sense for our type of defense, but he's not as athletic as people think he is. On tape, he doesn't look like a freak athlete. He's still very talented and worthy of 1st round pick consideration though.

The two linebackers that impressed me the most were Bostic and Gooden. Gooden has incredible explosion and speed to go along with a linebacker physique. I don't know where he's projected to go, but I like the way he showed up at the combine.

I wish Arthur Brown would have done more than just the broad jump. He was one of the guys I was interested in seeing how he ran. Ogletree makes a lot of sense for our type of defense, but he's not as athletic as people think he is. On tape, he doesn't look like a freak athlete. He's still very talented and worthy of 1st round pick consideration though.

According to walterfootball.com bostic is projected between 3-5 and gooden is projected between 4-6