Te'o

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Im right here and im stunned he ran that slow. At this point he would need an amazing pro day just to sniff the 1st rd. Im guessing he will fall to mid 2nd now. However i still believe he will have a good career

You're stunned? Did you see him play vs Alabama?

How will a guy who's slow with no explosion and who's a media whore destined for a "good career?" He choked under the pressure of the combine and it won't be any different in a huge media market like Chicago or New York.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How will a guy who's slow with no explosion and who's a media whore destined for a "good career?" He choked under the pressure of the combine and it won't be any different in a huge media market like Chicago or New York.

Yeah, but to be fair, Alabama has become an NFL-factory over the course of the past few years. Their OL last year is probably the best OL in collegiate history. Think about that for a moment. Best in history. Two 2013 1st rounders (Warmack, Fluker), One borderline 2013 1st rounder with incredible flexibility (Jones), and Two 2014 1st rounders (Kouandijo, Steen). Add that to the fact that their RB (Lacy-1st/2nd), QB (McCarron), four WRs (Bell, Norwood, Cooper, Jones), and TE (Williams-4th/5th) will all be drafted, some fairly highly.

Te'o did pretty well against the collegiate teams he played against. Against entire NFL offenses? Well, you saw the championship game.

Let me guess Brian your entitled to your beliefs that he will completely suck dog poop but i cant believe that he will have a good NFL career. And last if i remember right i only said good nfl career nothing about Chicago and new york. You know it is completely possible to have a good NFL career in kc or jax or ne or gb. We all know you think he will suck and your not the only 1 and im positive im not the only person who thinks he will have a good career. Do i think he will be an annual pro bowler or hall of fame career. No of course not but i do believe he can have a good career of 10+ yrs starting in the NFL.

Let me guess Brian your entitled to your beliefs that he will completely suck dog poop but i cant believe that he will have a good NFL career. And last if i remember right i only said good nfl career nothing about Chicago and new york. You know it is completely possible to have a good NFL career in kc or jax or ne or gb. We all know you think he will suck and your not the only 1 and im positive im not the only person who thinks he will have a good career. Do i think he will be an annual pro bowler or hall of fame career. No of course not but i do believe he can have a good career of 10+ yrs starting in the NFL.

Not very many guys start 10 years in the NFL without going to Pro Bowls...

Yeah, but to be fair, Alabama has become an NFL-factory over the course of the past few years. Their OL last year is probably the best OL in collegiate history. Think about that for a moment. Best in history. Two 2013 1st rounders (Warmack, Fluker), One borderline 2013 1st rounder with incredible flexibility (Jones), and Two 2014 1st rounders (Kouandijo, Steen). Add that to the fact that their RB (Lacy-1st/2nd), QB (McCarron), four WRs (Bell, Norwood, Cooper, Jones), and TE (Williams-4th/5th) will all be drafted, some fairly highly.

Te'o did pretty well against the collegiate teams he played against. Against entire NFL offenses? Well, you saw the championship game.

What will he play against in the NFL? Entire NFL offenses? Yeah.

Not very many guys start 10 years in the NFL without going to Pro Bowls...

What will he play against in the NFL? Entire NFL offenses? Yeah.

Dude i swear u can't read or your choosing to only see what u want to see. I said "annual pro bowler". That means pro bowler every yr. Can he make a couple absolutely. But EVERY"annual" pro bowler. No. No LB in this draft will be that kind of guy. Also find it hilarious how u mentioned te'o positional drills sucked also which is false. 6th best LB in both 3 cone and 20 yd split which according to several former GMs and scouts they look at more than a 40 times

Dude i swear u can't read or your choosing to only see what u want to see. I said "annual pro bowler". That means pro bowler every yr. Can he make a couple absolutely. But EVERY"annual" pro bowler. No. No LB in this draft will be that kind of guy. Also find it hilarious how u mentioned te'o positional drills sucked also which is false. 6th best LB in both 3 cone and 20 yd split which according to several former GMs and scouts they look at more than a 40 times

He is not going to be great or bad, he will eventually be a starter and have an average NFL career.

• 4 weeks later...

Lots of times success or a lack of success in college doesn't mean a damn thing in the NFL. Te'o looked damn good in the regular season but was blown up in the championship game. Quarterbacks like Vince Young, Leinert, and Tebow are college legends but have been awful NFL players. Matt Cassel has been professionally more successful yet didn't start a game in college.

Before the chmapionship game Te'o was being touted as a top 5 pick . . .

Te'o's instincts can make up for his lack of burst. That being said, IMO, it's the bad championship game, PLUS the bad 40 time, PLUS the baggage which will make him a 2nd round pick at best.

Lots of times success or a lack of success in college doesn't mean a damn thing in the NFL. Te'o looked damn good in the regular season but was blown up in the championship game. Quarterbacks like Vince Young, Leinert, and Tebow are college legends but have been awful NFL players. Matt Cassel has been professionally more successful yet didn't start a game in college.

Before the chmapionship game Te'o was being touted as a top 5 pick . . .

Te'o's instincts can make up for his lack of burst. That being said, IMO, it's the bad championship game, PLUS the bad 40 time, PLUS the baggage which will make him a 2nd round pick at best.

Good post. And if he's there in the 2nd, he's a great pick for the Bears.

• 4 weeks later...

The more I think about it, while he makes some sense from a fit standpoint, I really don't see the Bears drafting Teo. Teo doesn't need any more attention than he's already going to get on an NFL team, and the Bears probably don't want any more attention on their next MLB than they are already going to get either. Drafting Teo would put so much pressure on him to be the next Brian Urlacher and no one should have live with that. It's a media circus that would endure all season.

The more I think about it, while he makes some sense from a fit standpoint, I really don't see the Bears drafting Teo. Teo doesn't need any more attention than he's already going to get on an NFL team, and the Bears probably don't want any more attention on their next MLB than they are already going to get either. Drafting Teo would put so much pressure on him to be the next Brian Urlacher and no one should have live with that. It's a media circus that would endure all season.

I would say going to Baltimore or Chicago would be the worst destination for him. He needs to go to a smaller market and not put any undue pressure on himself. I could just see the endless number of blowup doll "girlfriends" in his locker every week.

I would say going to Baltimore or Chicago would be the worst destination for him. He needs to go to a smaller market and not put any undue pressure on himself. I could just see the endless number of blowup doll "girlfriends" in his locker every week.

There going to jake with him wherever he goes. The cicus would be a little more extreme that most places, because it is so close to ND. If you take his personal shit away there are a lot of competent people that say he is going to be a good player. I dont see it, but Im not that smart. If we drafted him in the second, I actually wouldnt TT the move.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m

The #Vikings and #Bears love Manti Te'o. If Minnesota wants to grab him, they'll need to jump up over Chicago. That's what they plan to do

Hopefully this happens and the queens take Te'o so we don't have to worry about him and all the bitching from Bears fans (including myself).

I'm pretty convinced the rumors we're hearing are calculated to prompt a trade. The Te'o stuff is trying to entice the Vikings and the Ravens to move up, and the recent Trufant rumor is to get the attention of the Falcons (who are thought to be targeting a CB). I really don't put much stock in it.

I'm pretty convinced the rumors we're hearing are calculated to prompt a trade. The Te'o stuff is trying to entice the Vikings and the Ravens to move up, and the recent Trufant rumor is to get the attention of the Falcons (who are thought to be targeting a CB). I really don't put much stock in it.

Yeah, at this point, assuming everything is a smokescreen is correct. The one thing Emery made clear is that he's open to trading down, talking about players other teams like can make those trade happen.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m

Watching @StaceyDales say she believes via source #Bears will take Manti Te'o at LB if he's available. Matches what I have been hearing.

Another tweet from Rap. God I hope either Minnesota jumps ahead of us to take him or Phil Emery is doing on hell of a job at creating a smokescreen.